Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Sound conversion v3 updated Res.

Ok, here it is again, I accidently deleted my file duh. But here's the link again.

OFP Sound Conversion v2

Good pack, however arent the two reloading sounds the same? Im pretty sure you can have two different ones.

The sounds actually give of an 'echo' i was playing a cti making the base whilst everyone eslew as capturing Lamentin heard all sorts of whiz's and echos from the rifles blaring.

However the AK sound, sounds a bit simillar to the M16 could it be slightly changed?

Apart form that very good sound pack.

Wow great atmosphere man!

Made a mission with thunder and rain, lot of shooting,nades and other sounds.

Really immersive sounds! notworthy.gif

Great job!

Good pack, however arent the two reloading sounds the same? Im pretty sure you can have two different ones.

The sounds actually give of an 'echo' i was playing a cti making the base whilst everyone eslew as capturing Lamentin heard all sorts of whiz's and echos from the rifles blaring.

However the AK sound, sounds a bit simillar to the M16 could it be slightly changed?

Apart form that very good sound pack.

Well  there is a slight difference in the M16 adn AK, but really, I have heard from firing these weapons, for some reason the AK47 has a snap like a whip or a crack sound than M16 or even the AK74. Depending on too with the muzzle breaks and barrel lengths, to go into depth. But if you listen closely they are prety different. In reality they give off a nice pop sound so I was trying to get them distncly different. I have a pack coming out that has alot of dir=fferent sounds , even commercial Hollywood style ones to give out, and I 'm having trouble typing cause my 16month old son spilled my soda all over my key board so most of nmy keys are sticking  sad_o.gif .

But anways yeah, thanks all for tring it out, anything to make OFP a wee bit better atmosphere, I figure for most who want to be a litle closer to real why not amke some real sound eeffcts.   I will be back after I clean my keyboarfd. Oh , and for the reload sound , i tried to find the other sound file that takes care of apparently BIS makes 2 but only one is used. I mean i'd go into the bin and change it there in the config but then would complicae thinghs.,

Nice  sounds dude. I made a news on Ofpc for you

AWSOME thanks berliner biggrin_o.gif

Good sounds, finally someone actually used the bolt release sound of an actual AR

Good sounds, finally someone actually used the bolt release sound of an actual AR

Heh , exactly.... tounge2.gif I have a reload sound for the AK as well but OFP doesnt use it for some odd reason. I had tried to add the pop crack sound to incoming bullet rounds but I didnt think people would want to hear a bunch of pops all the time when getting shot at, although its what you would hear anyways, but it got kinda annoying after a while.

Sounds are great. Sounds make bigger difference in games, i just love those sounds, battle sound now more atmospheric smile_o.gif Would be nice to see more new sounds like trees breaking under the tank biggrin_o.gif

Well, the reason I never looked into changing that one is cause I figured it didnt need, or that it sounded just fine, but I never dawned on me that there are some that will pay that close attention to detail, hmm..

Just found out that you've also changed the water splash sound(s)

I do like the soft splashed when you walk in de undeep part but when you get deeper the sound gets a bit strange. 1 step sounds great but when walking faster, the sounds don't follow each other up right. The sound makes it feel like it's hard to walk, but in OFP you can run in the water so this doesn't sounds right.

But still great atmosphere, really love this one

Great job! Never realized how much sounds enhance immersion.

Hey, can you put this into different mods using different units? Or does it only support vanilla?

Great job! Never realized how much sounds enhance immersion.

Hey, can you put this into different mods using different units?  Or does it only support vanilla?

Yu can use them with other units also, they are wss. but if you know how you can change them to use them as ogg. if you want, I am going to release a full pack of variety of sounds to chose from. Just need to make time to finnish it, I have kids wink_o.gif .

Just found out that you've also changed the water splash sound(s)

I do like the soft splashed when you walk in de undeep part but when you get deeper the sound gets a bit strange. 1 step sounds great but when walking faster, the sounds don't follow each other up right. The sound makes it feel like it's hard to walk, but in OFP you can run in the water so this doesn't sounds right.

But still great atmosphere, really love this one

I don't think I ever did change the water footsteps, I thought they sounded just fine, you know, it might be a BIS thing, maybe I can fix it and just update the download.

edited

Nvm... sounds are of personal preference, so asking how this compares to ECP DynamicRange, doesn't really have usage..

huh? wink_o.gif

huh? wink_o.gif

aww, I asked how these sounds compare to ECP DynamicRange...

But that has not really a use, because how sounds are sounding... is a personal experience smile_o.gif

Anyway... I am using your sounds now, and they are awesome! I like the more realistic feel instead of hollywood effect smile_o.gif)

Awesome dude, yeah, I hadnt been able to finnish my sound pack but soon though, and thanks for downloading it, yeah, alot really depends on preferences, ECP and Dynamic are really good, as they change and modify the config file, when I first tried it I fell in love with it, but then I wanted to make my own, and then some. Then I wanted to go ultra realistic sounds.

I love these sounds man. Great F'n job. The explosions and tanks guns are awesome. Much better than ECP.

is there any other place i can download this? the site its uploaded to something is wrong , when i enter the code to download it it says that the code is wrong.. when its typed exact ... as i am a realism buff specially a lover of the sounds of war... please help me on some way getting this mod thank you... help.gif

ty sir, that link worked and i absolutely love it, can never go back to stock sounds again smile_o.gif.... i wish u made the sounds for the FFUR mod.. thats some good sh..... stuff rofl.gif

I love these sounds man. Great F'n job. The explosions and tanks guns are awesome. Much better than ECP.

Thanks buddy biggrin_o.gif