Sign in to follow this  
registered_fugitive

TQP US Army Special Forces

The Quiet Profesionals US Army Special Forces "Green Berets"

in woodland camouflage.

Well its been a long time coming, not that many of you would have known about these, but I have finally decided to release the SF I have been working on.

Other then whats in the rar file they require resistance, Lasers US Weapon pack, Llauma’s Facetex and JAM3.

all units are to be found under "West\TQP US SF"

Temporary Download Link (can someone please host it?)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....FC4A213

Images

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF1.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF2.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF3.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF5.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF6.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/allhailexecution/USSF8.jpg

Sadly though, one of the main reasons I decided to release these now, is that I leave for the Army tomorrow. And will not be able to continue work on them for some time.

Hope they work. Enjoy.

yay.gif

Wow, they look great smile_o.gif. I'll try them out soon.

Nice. Will Download these.  Any plans on fixing the goggles?

Edit: Hey good luck in the service! We all wish you the best!

---IceFLYER

That's odd, I do have a problem with the goggles though not in the same way CT has. When I play they appear fine, but there is an error message at the top of the screen. Other than that these units are yay.gif!

Any wearing Green Berets?

Of course not, silly. crazy_o.gif

registered_fugitive, excellent work on the gear these units are wearing! You even included Mechanix gloves! Nice!

Downloading this right now! biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif

Wow nice job on these units notworthy.gif Love all the gear all so lovely smile_o.gif But the units body is small like Nuts units are, could u make them a little bigger just there body? Like body wise would be like DLEMs 101 units there body, just the body the gear and all are just pro fect love it man plz make there body a little bigger plzzzzz smile_o.gif

Nice work there, tested them briefly. I have the goggles problem too, they start with the goggles on and there's an error text on the top of the screen (propably a typo in the goggles section of the config or something like that). Also, the units that have black baseball/watch cap or black... ummm... sweater (?) look quite awful, as the black texture is really plain. Just no texture in it; I suggest you take a look at those NorFor units or RHS snipers, or Bambi's Blackops, they look alot nicer in that sense. Also the 3D sleeve pockets look a tad wierd, and some of the gear looks a tad "wierd" in a way, too. I'm also having troubles using custom head textures as the scripting kicks in after about a second. Also got the problem with some of Laser's units (only few though) and Offtime's GROM, though, as I have mentioned few times already. Any help?

But overall, excellent work. Just keep working on them. thumbs-up.gif

this look great...finally a dedicated pack of Army Special Forces soldiers biggrin_o.gif to the guys asking if he is gonna fix the bugs he did say he is leaving for the army TOMMOROW so I highly doubt work will continue on them...

I decided to release these now, is that I leave for the Army tomorrow. And will not be able to continue work on them for some time.

Hope they work. Enjoy.

I think that means a no for the fix for a while dont you what the tour of duty period these days?

He'll be busy for nine weeks, he's going to Basic. Then again towards the end of the nine weeks he'll have more access, though it'll be moot since he probably won't be able to access the appropriate resources.

I'm sorry to bother you guys again, but anyone have any idea how to solve the custom face problem on these units and few others? I'd really like to use few of mine on them, but I can't because of the overpowering script... huh.gif

Easy answer is to edit the models (for private use) and put the default BIS heads on them, which is something I'll be doing very shortly as I am not a huge fan of Llauma's head model and the "clone-syndrome" in entails.

Easy answer is to edit the models (for private use) and put the default BIS heads on them, which is something I'll be doing very shortly as I am not a huge fan of Llauma's head model and the "clone-syndrome" in entails.

Ekhmm... soon this won't be a good reason anymore, as the new facestex2 soon-to-be-released-TM has 183 faces (as of right now). tounge2.gif

Edit: Post no. 1500 hehe. smile_o.gif

Ekhmm... soon this won't be a good reason anymore, as the new facestex2 soon-to-be-released-TM has 183 faces (as of right now).  tounge2.gif

Edit: Post no. 1500 hehe. smile_o.gif

1500 *faints*

Nice answers, and sounds cool ag_smith, but still not helping. Point being that the custom faces are for Llauma's head version 2, but I can't use them with some units, because (apparently) the facestex2 script kicks in after few secs and switches back the original face. The units I'm having the problem atm are, as mentioned, Offtime's GROM, few units of Laser's PJ's and these fellas. huh.gifsad_o.gif

great job on the units, however some of the models require some additional work [don't remember where, but one of the models has transparent textures of the arm and shoulder in view pilot lod, irritaiting error because of duplicating "animate" command in initial script, some textures are missing]

smokie he's said be4 he hasnt much time at present and i'm sure he welcomes the feedback just dont wait on baited breath for a fix unless its by someone else...

*EDIT

Niggle time...

the gloves apear to spoil everything on the model as the readme says you are welcome to improve the units so would or could someone make a hotfix for this issue yuo will be handsomly rewarded

*monopoly money that is*

Well even though theres a few nitpicks, I think he did a nice job with these.

A lot of variety. thumbs-up.gif

Nice answers, and sounds cool ag_smith, but still not helping. Point being that the custom faces are for Llauma's head version 2, but I can't use them with some units, because (apparently) the facestex2 script kicks in after few secs and switches back the original face. The units I'm having the problem atm are, as mentioned, Offtime's GROM, few units of Laser's PJ's and these fellas. huh.gifsad_o.gif

That's certainly has to do something with addonmakers not reading what me and Offtime were posting in head model contributed topics. GROM units do have that bug, but its solution was found after the GROM release. The update is on the way. The only properly configured units I've seen are the latest WPS/OFPL soldiers.

Hint for addonmakers: it's all about Fset1 and Fset2 animations, they have to be there in all your resolution and View-pilot LODs.

PS. I won't be asking what all those jpg files are doing in pbos of this addon. confused_o.gif