Sign in to follow this  
Ike_Trak

Eurovision 2006

One word: Finland!!! Such change of concept rofl.gif

Indeed. We changed the concept from dickless inoffensive pop (banana4.gif) to shitty hard rock. I'm not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed.

Guest Ti0n3r

Death to Eurovision 2006 band.gif

Btw, that guy has stolen the hook part of the chorus from Alice Cooper, Poison... help.gif

That band would win every costume contest.

I like there appearance, i`m an Manowar fan and would be glad if an hardrock band will win the song contest. thumbs-up.gif

The Eurovision Song Contest has been dead for several years. All you see lately is Eastern European countries playing "You vote for me and I'll vote for you". If I wanted to see that I would just watch a seemingly endless debate about the acquisition of toilet paper in the Dutch politics extravaganza on tv.

P.S. if we (Netherlands) ever send such a stupid entry as this year ever again then I will personally make sure that the Eurovision is taken off the air in the entire country goodnight.gif

Heh, when I made a topic about Eurovision like 2 years ago some yankee moderator closed it saying something about me spamming or some such bollocks. GO BRITAIN!!!!

If it's that Daz Sampson guy I am going to puke.

Indeed. We changed the concept from dickless inoffensive pop (banana4.gif) to shitty hard rock. I'm not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed.

proud of course, we should have sent Nightwish or something similar YEARS ago. most of the entries this year (as usual) are in the category of "this is just like the previous song" with Finland and Lithuania making the most visible exceptions.

Nightwish is elegant looking (at least it was when Tarja was in) compared to the current one.

Nightwish is elegant looking (at least it was when Tarja was in) compared to the current one.

she's just too egocentric. and that's a bit of what at least Finns think about Lordi, that Lordi is just the front man but in fact it's the whole band. that's what Tarja had in her mind, that she was Nightwish, taking all the credit for what the band had become.

Any idea whats the groups name of Finland? They are a welcome change.

spelling...

eurovision = nill point

terry wogan uk presenter = 10 points

its a good chance for euro to bash uk again with no points smile_o.gif

this should be in the europolitics thread j/k

At least Britain can't do worse than last time!

GO BRITAIN biggrin_o.gif

this should be in the europolitics thread  j/k

I think they could give us 'nil point' quite legitimately. The song that's representing the UK is shockingly bad.

The only other Eurovision entry I've heard is Lordi's. I think they should win just for turning up looking as they do. GO FINLAND!!!!! FinEmot.gifFinEmot.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think they could give us 'nil point' quite legitimately. The song that's representing the UK is shockingly bad.

well based on that criteria, it will win hands down, the poorer the song it seems the better it does. i hope the guy who did the flashpoint song "smer4" is representing his country, it would win on comedy value alone.

Yeah, I love Finlands presentation/band, only gripe is that in my language, the drummers name (Kita) means penis. crazy_o.gif

Even tough my country (Bosnia) made it into the finals, I think the song and the singer utterly horrifying.

haha

Finland's entry is just what this contest needs, the hardrock could be better, but the Slipknot appearance and the over-the-topness is brilliant

next year Belgium should send The Clement Peerens Explosition (serial parodists of rock cliches)

proud of course, we should have sent Nightwish or something similar YEARS ago. most of the entries this year (as usual) are in the category of "this is just like the previous song" with Finland and Lithuania making the most visible exceptions.

I don't see it as being quite that simple. Yes, we should have sent Nightwish years ago, but we could also do a lot better than Lordi in terms of hard rock. Sure, they are different and way over the top (that's a plus in my book), but I'd rather gain success with good hard rock, if you know what I mean. The pointless shit we have exposed the world to in previous contests have always made me feel ashamed, so this is definitely a step in the right direction, but I think we could still do better.

Lithuania was good, too.

I don't know what Dutchland have sent this year, only thing I could think of was "wtf?" really. crazy_o.gif Don't even know what language it was.

I guess thats the way with Eurovision, everyone sends their best "worst"s and they choose which "worst" is the best.

It's great that some people are annoyed about Lordi being at Eurovision - it is about time to give the whole competition a strong shaking, and a couple of slaps to the faces of people who take Lordi too seriously and accuse it for being related to the devil himself. I haven't ever been a fan of the whole comedy show. What I have seen during the years have mostly made me want to kick the television into little pieces. It's always the crappiest bands who want to be in the Eurovision contest. At least in Finland but seems like it's the same in many other countries too, according to what I saw last night. The good bands don't bother and it's no wonder.

Even tough my country (Bosnia) made it into the finals, I think the song and the singer utterly horrifying.

...haha

there's actualy better side of that why we didn't went on this competition.Even we did...it would make me puke even more rofl.gif

this should be in the europolitics thread j/k

I think they could give us 'nil point' quite legitimately. The song that's representing the UK is shockingly bad.

It's not so much the quality of the songs, but the involvement in foreign conflicts. Since the start of the war on terror you can clearly see any country involved or supporting that being bashed by almost every country in the competition, be it a jury decision or a telephone/text vote.

If they wanted to let the best song win, then nobody would win because they're all crap.

at least i know when greece and cyprus will vote i can put the kettle on, because i know where there ten points are going, and the same with some others around the old yougo area.lol hmm wait i dont watch it honest, well except for terry wogans slating comments:)