Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet

ArmA sounds effects.

plz change the sound of radio communication. I rader old sound.

I don't want that broken english back, no thanks. 2.. attack ... SOLDIER, 100, twelve oclock. BLEH.

The newer radio sounds were a lot better (a lot better! )

edit:What is wrong with the smilies on this forum lately?

Some will like the new voices, some won't. I like them, as we still maintain a lot of different male voice samples while improving the transitions a little bit.

im not talking about the voices..

i was talking about the sound that makes when conversations finish (end of communications (radio sound)) wink_o.gif

plz change the sound of radio communication. I rader old sound.

I don't want that broken english back, no thanks. 2.. attack ... SOLDIER, 100, twelve oclock. BLEH.

The newer radio sounds were a lot better (a lot better! )

edit:What is wrong with the smilies on this forum lately?

Some will like the new voices, some won't.  I like them, as we still maintain a lot of different male voice samples while improving the transitions a little bit.

im not talking about the voices..

i was talking about the sound that makes when conversations finish (end of communications (radio sound)) wink_o.gif

Ah, apologies. smile_o.gif

Well, I can see how that radio beep might be annoying, but I like it because if reminds me of those videos of patrol convoys.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the radio beep as an option in the sound menu? That could work as a compromise. thumbs-up.gif

yes indeed, an option plz. I ready dislike that beep sound crying.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The reason the beep is there right now is because of the harsh language the soldiers use;

"1: Damn, five is down. F**k."

You can turn of the beep if you think you can handle the harsh language.

That's rough, all those snaps and whistling bullets makes the battlefield sound really volatile, I hope we get that in games someday...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5415556716521120033&q=fire+fight

Notice the dull muzzle report of the enemy and the quick followup of sonic crack of the bullet. Also notice how you can hear your own bullets going downrange.

If this could be achived in the game it would certainly help player survivabiliy, that lone sniper would be noticed right away...no more "3...is down" to know what happened.

It makes for good immersion and tactical awareness, so it´s good all around.

http://video.google.com/videopl....e+fight

Notice the dull muzzle report of the enemy and the quick followup of sonic crack of the bullet. Also notice how you can hear your own bullets going downrange.

If this could be achived in the game it would certainly help player survivabiliy, that lone sniper would be noticed right away...no more "3...is down" to know what happened.

really impressive.

hope they can make something similar or near it..

Would be much more realistic/"respectful" then it is.

"Fear"(in some way) from OFP hardcore fans would be present in game for sure.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Edit: in this video you can hear the beep beep crap that we dont like.. but its very lower..</span>

And i wrote it backwards, first crack...then muzzlereport.

Right now in OPF it feels like someone is shooting at me with a Brown Bess musket, it should sound much more aggressive and is a very big part of battlefield sounds.

Edit: I actually like the beep, if its used irl then it should be used ingame.....dont like it, mod it....God i love OPF!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5415556716521120033&q=fire+fight

That's an excellent video to demonstrate the sonic crack with. I'll reference that from now on when people ask about it.

Guest Ti0n3r
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Edit: in this video you can hear the beep beep crap that we dont like.. but its very lower..</span>

1: DePBO the OFP \dta\Voice.pbo

2: DePBO the ArmA \dta\voice.bpo

3: Replace the ArmA beep.wss with the one from OFP.

4: RePBO the ArmA voice.pbo

And there you go, instead of a beep you'll hear a distorted noise.

but if we join a server with ARMA beep will it accept the changes you refered?

Guest Ti0n3r

That would depend on the server settings.

but if we join a server with ARMA beep will it accept the changes you refered?

i think you will have probs altering pbo ,it will be more than a user uses modified config , ithink its gonna be harder to join with altered data.not just for addons i suspect.

Quote[/b] ]Certain PBO signatures will be given to those members to ensure a minimum quality. These signatures work together with the anti-cheat system mentioned

of course like tioner says depends on how much control the server has on letting you in with altered data. it could just kick ya auto.

I dont hear any other cracks than those from the rifles, it sounds like an fire range at distance, there isn't much low frequency sound coming from shooting rifles, there's none of that hollywood thumping from infantry rifles that ppl have gotten used to hearing.

This of course depends on the weapon, the more air the expanding gases sets in motion the bassier it sounds up close, but those frequencies dissipates over distance quite fast...

I'd love to hear sounds like that in arma, and I never really understood why the sound is any bit different than reality. Just listen to americas army, that game has GREAT weapon sounds!

Why? Becuase they went down to a REAL firing range and captured the real sounds and THEN process them to fit the game, they didn't make something that sounds "kind of" like the real thing...

And the only gun I've ever heard a metallic clink from is the garand because of the clip ejection, all other weps I've fired are so loud that the bang sounds way higher than the sounds of the mechanism...

The only game I have seen come remotely close to those videos in terms of sound is day of defeat: source.

I would still love this in ofp...the source engine played around with sounds like this but to do it can be really demanding on the system. However, it will still be really, really awesome if at least the pitch got higher as weapons were fired from further away.

Guest Ti0n3r

A sound system similar to the one in BF2 would be great inlove.gif

The only game I have seen come remotely close to those videos in terms of sound is day of defeat: source.

I would still love this in ofp...the source engine played around with sounds like this but to do it can be really demanding on the system. However, it will still be really, really awesome if at least the pitch got higher as weapons were fired from further away.

The only thing is that Dod:s does this VERY overstated. I sometimes round a corner expecting that MG noise to be 1k away....only to be riddled by it from 25m.

But the way they did it is very simple, One channel=ownsound, second channel=distant sound. Makes it easy to mix depending on distance and soundwave simulation is already in OPF so delay is not a problem.

The only thing is that Dod:s does this VERY overstated. I sometimes round a corner expecting that MG noise to be 1k away....only to be riddled by it from 25m.

But the way they did it is very simple, One channel=ownsound, second channel=distant sound. Makes it easy to mix depending on distance and soundwave simulation is already in OPF so delay is not a problem.

Yes, they did this most likely because of the small size of the maps...but in a game like Armed Assault, the effect would be really amazing.

Well, I can see how that radio beep might be annoying, but I like it because if reminds me of those videos of patrol convoys.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the radio beep as an option in the sound menu? That could work as a compromise. thumbs-up.gif

Puh, gladly realized that I am not the only one who is annoyed by this double bleep.

The videos gave a good impression on how a battle will sound like.

For example 10 or more soldiers radio their position ... how can you concentrate

with that bleeping all around? This really kills the ingame atmosphere. crazy_o.gif

regards,

The beep is there so you don't have to say 'over' everytime you stop talking.

The beep is there so you don't have to say 'over' everytime you stop talking.

To be honest, I don't care what the beep stands for, I simply don't like it. I prefer to hear them say 'over' instead of 'beep, beep'. OFP did well without it.

regards,

Well, I wish that the radio network at work beeped. I say over like 100 times a day. The only time we get beeps is when we're on the fire rescue channel, and at that time, the situation is way too stressful to enjoy the luxury of the beeps.

IIRC somebody said the radio's with the beeping are crypted or something,I'm not sure how it works but the radio waves are harder to decipher,so they say.

So everybody wants realism, but they don't want the realistic radio bleeps?