Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

MultiCam Anyone?

Helmet Retexture.

helmmc6kr.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking, camo-wise... sweet.

Caps/Baldyhead/Boonie, possibly? huh.gif

Bah, take your time and keep up the quality. Or just say no. biggrin_o.gif

Hmm.. An idea/soloution..

Since OFP's general cammo system sucks, why?

Seeing a 1204^2 res texture on a ~1.7m unit, on a 512^2 terrain texture streched out over 64m square just doesn't give enough texture to hide in..

The soloution? Well, an idea.. Start to make the unit transparent in the more distant lods, so the lower lod (only really seen when the unit is very far away) is, say, 75% transparent (So should be very hard to see they move, which is accurate), and at a few hundered meters, around %50, and <20m should be %0..

Not totaly sure how well it'd work, but if it looks crap, erm.. Blame Codardl for the idea! tounge2.gif

Theoretically it should work.. The semi-transparent-ness shouldn't (it won't) mess up seeing units when they move, as in reality. Seeing units at mid-distances should still be hard (see http://www.multicampattern.com/img/splash_graphic_4.jpg for example).. Since there isn't desnse enough patternt to allow that, using the terriain behind the unit to add a more "accurate" cammoflauge scheme will compensate..

..okay, so I've no idea if this will acctualy work, but it could..

..so, Wilco, would you care to try an experimental version of one of your units? smile_o.gif (or get a friendly modder to try it)

- Ben

Thanks man great addon.Wanted to make it myself but couldn't find the right camo.Well done and superb.

2 things:What addons do I need for this and would it be ok if I used this in a campaign I plan on making.I'll even send you the campaign missions first. notworthy.gif

Any updates... 3 days already... huh.gif

Conkerconquer, the addons needed are the same than with DLEM's ACU troops (101st Airborne) or in plain language, SJB Weapons pack and facetex2.pbo for the Llauma's head model.

Well, what kind of updates are you guys looking for? I have the helmet texture done, what else would you guys like to see that is reasonable?

It's amazing how the stuff changes color with its surroundings.

It really seems to work well.

Looks a bit like Czech camo, doesn't it?

Or am I thinking of Swiss Alpenflage?

Oi! somebody made a suggestion here!

To make this "universal" camo blend in more nicely with the surroundings, make the camo texture more transparent at further distances."it should remove the "contrast" between 512^2 land textures, and 1024^2 soldier textures.

Look at that suggestion! just waiting to be discussed! wink_o.gif

would it be ok if I used this in a campaign I plan on making?I'll even send you the campaign missions first. notworthy.gif

Look at what you're asking! tounge2.gif No! you can only screenshot these units, print them out, and put them in your agenda!

wilco some different backpacks would be nice like kifaru ones pointman etc. maybe as a future addon youd think of making a SF operator with a black/green skully etc

This is just an idea to add, maybe that new helmet the the army was going to go with with the multicam.

Its just a suggustion.

Long coming update:

Redid the textures and still tweaking them.  Added the MOLLE holster to the side of the leg from FacePlant's Model.  Messing with the CIRAS and seeing if I can get the MultiCam texture on it without making it look too stupid.  Pouches need a lot of work still, texture is always off for some reason.

Still tweaking the texture, it either looks too bright or too dark.

mcupdategw2.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions and I'll work on different packs too, change up the models a bit.

Long coming update:

Redid the textures and still tweaking them. Added the MOLLE holster to the side of the leg from FacePlant's Model. Messing with the CIRAS and seeing if I can get the MultiCam texture on it without making it look too stupid. Pouches need a lot of work still, texture is always off for some reason.

Still tweaking the texture, it either looks too bright or too dark.

I'm open to any suggestions and I'll work on different packs too, change up the models a bit.

Looks beautiful... can't wait!!

Great news...looking forward to this next update. thumbs-up.gif

GD Mast

Not really if I would consider it a question or a suggestion, of course not having first hand knowledge, but generally from pictures that are available I have seen the mixture of mostly coyote brown and olive drab gear over various camos, (Desert Tiger Stripe, etc). Just was wondering how common for a SOF operator to be wearing all of his gear in only Multicam. Excluding that the model and textures look really great!

That update triples the awesomeness of this addon. Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter made the Multicam too orange/yellow, but this looks sweet!

Great units, Wilco. They damn near disappear in certain areas on Afghanistan and Libya. Looking forward to the update!

Update:

Been slow I know, but I've been busy with some other things.

Decided to play with TQP's SF gear because it looks damn superb.   I think it looks good with these units and with a little texture tweaking it will look fantastic.

Only thing now is to get his permission  tounge2.gif

With the help of Kman3000 the textures now look cleaner.  He remapped them so the large texture can have the looks it should.  I also tweaked the color of the texture to match the sample shown on the MultiCam Website.

e6a2ac8dbc.jpg

12fa544276.jpg

I plan to add goggles soon. I hope I'm able to use TQP's equipment because it looks damn good on any unit.

Looks nice, but the pattern is a little too "Green." Try changing the values in photoshop. Multicam seems to have more of a brownish overtone to it. Yours has a more greenish overtone. Still looks superb though thumbs-up.gif