Sign in to follow this  
PainDealer

IDEA Games at E3

just read about it on ofp.info

Quote[/b] ]IDEA Games would like to announce that it will be in attendance at E3 2006. During the 3 day exposition IDEA Games will present to journalists and publishers a number of different projects currently under development.

These include live demonstrations of key unsigned titles such as Alpha Prime and Armed Assault.

IDEA Games can be found in Kentia Hall and publishers or journalists wishing to arrange a meeting should contact us.

ofp.info news

Old news, but I would like new screens and videos from Game2 smile_o.gif

banghead.gif

E3, (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is a huge convention in Los Angeles where tens of thousands of industry professionals from around the world gather yearly.  It's available for the public to see the latest in interactive entertainment software and related products.

I see IDEA games here in the exhibitor list...

Idea Games, Kentia Hall, Booths MR 6909 and MR 7531.

Good stuff.  Good opportunity to spread your IDEA around.

Quote[/b] ]E3 is next month right?

Yea, May 10th - 12th

so, hold on, whats IDEA games to armed assault, they sound like a publisher?

Here we go yet again .... icon_rolleyes.gif

IDEA is a cooperative of independent game developers who share their experience and resources to help each other in matters like finding a publisher.

Notice how IDEA have booked a single stall for the three member companies, thus saving a lot of money. Were it not for something like IDEA you can imagine that they might not even be able to afford to attend E3 at all. This is the sort of thing that IDEA enables ....

Lets hope BIS will have something better to show this time, im still trying to overcome the shock of the last footage whistle.gif .

Lets hope BIS will have something better to show this time, im still trying to overcome the shock of the last footage whistle.gif .

Let's hope the next footage will electrocute you then tounge2.gif .

BIS at E3 was sad last year. They had a tiny booth tucked away in some dark corner of the convention.

Well they didn't really have that much to show off last year. This year they have some stuff that could really blow people away.

BIS at E3 was sad last year. They had a tiny booth tucked away in some dark corner of the convention.

Considering that most of the things we have now was unannounced back then, it was right choice to have a small booth for business purpose.

Yea, then let's say Ubisoft is to publish BIS games and all of a sudden a royal carpet is rolled out onto a rock concert stage for Armed Assault showcasing

hey ralph. You going to pop down this year and give uncle Maruk a vist huh.gif

Yea, then let's say Ubisoft is to publish BIS games and all of a sudden a royal carpet is rolled out onto a rock concert stage for Armed Assault showcasing

yeah, and then Ubi turns it into a BF2 competitor and cancel the PC port because they need the manpower to make xbox 360 DLC. Oh no crazy_o.gif !

Yay banana2.gif can't wait to see how much improvement BIS made since last year. yay.gif

Are we going to have to wait for others to give us information about ArmA at E3 or would BIS update their site with the info that they are giving at the show?

I can hear the goose-stepping jack-booted thugs marching their way to this thread already. band.gif

I was looking on the E3 site and couldn't find any reference to IDEA games or Armed Assault ... anyone got any ideas about that?

yup look down the page or press "i" smile_o.gif

interesting they have two booth and both are first looks, so its new stuff smile_o.gif..

here

Quote[/b] ]Are we going to have to wait for others to give us information about ArmA at E3 or would BIS update their site with the info that they are giving at the show?

to answer that, we are bottom feeders in the sea of life.top feeders first smile_o.gif, potential publishers then potential sellers then potential reviewers then us. it aint unique to this ,its just life, it wasnt free to make so they need to recoup some costs and pay for ofp3 4 and 5 .. unfortunate but true and neccessary. and if i get 5 years for the price of Å40-50 game then i dont care if the neighbours cat tells me. smile_o.gif although its usually google that does.