txalin

William Porter's Blog

i bet you three marbles and a snakebelt,that william is working on the island 24/7. does that mean he has got a job or does it mean he is making the island ? who knows.

put a camel or a goat on top of this and you have a deal...

however, I wonder what's cooking and what's keeping him from going to the internet cafe... goodnight.gif

Arent the devs on holiday? Came back today I think. That would be why the blog has not been updated.

Guest Ti0n3r

That's Placebo you have in mind wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

He talked too much, so BIS deleteVehicle'd him.

They need to update it............ sad_o.gif

do they? hum..

I wouldn't expect much..

.. perhaps another delay? huh.gif

You think another delay? Don't hope so. But I agree Chipper need to update it soon... It is intended to give joy, not irritation.

Reason BIS crew on vacation? Maby, but couldn't they say that in an blog update that william was away for a while, or something. smile_o.gif

You think another delay? Don't hope so.
yes, i believe there will be another delay.. and i don't hope, i just believe (unfortunately) sad_o.gif
... It is intended to give joy, not irritation.

your not the only one who feels the same way.. (unfortunately)

in vacation "people" shouln't stop "breeding"..

in my case (professional life) i don't have that privilege.

The next day we will read:

"Finally we decided to cancel Armed Assault and put all our knowledge into Game 2, which will now have the name Armed Assault. Release Autumn 2007 (Which means Summer 2008)" tounge2.gif

wouldn't be surprised about that..

I ment it indeed in a serious way ^^

or a deal  tounge2.gif

lol wot like..

1. We Cancel ArmA + Get [GME2] mid 2007

2. Continue ArmA + Get [GME2] mid 2009

Game 2 progress is not related to arma. 2 different teams are working of game 2 and arma. One does not affect the other, and I think arma will be released as scheduled. nener.gif

Game 2 progress is not related to arma.  2 different teams are working of game 2 and arma.  One does not affect the other, and I think arma will be released as scheduled. nener.gif

as scheduled?

funny how there isnt any release dates and its already been put back a few times right?

funny how there isnt any release dates and its already been put back a few times right?

That's contradictory isn't it? If there aren't any release dates then they can't be put back? tounge2.gif

As it happens BIS have never delayed the release of Armed Assault, the lack of a publisher has done that.

As it happens BIS have never delayed the release of Armed Assault, the lack of a publisher has done that.

Thats not true, ArmA had a release date of Q4 2005, but BIS decided to move it back to H1 2006 and work on the game more which was then moved back to Q3 2006 which seems unrealistic at this stage. Publisher or not the estimated release was delayed.

Thats not true, ArmA had a release date of Q4 2005, but BIS decided to move it back to H1 2006 and work on the game more which was then moved back to Q3 2006 which seems unrealistic at this stage. Publisher or not the estimated release was delayed.

Chicken and egg. You can't release without a publisher and BIS never had a publisher. We can't know that Armed Assault wouldn't have been released last year if they had found a publisher.

The fact that BIS continue to work until they find a publisher is as much to do with making the game more attractive to publishers. If they don't find a publisher for another year then they will continue to work on it for that year. If one had been found last year we would have got what was originally planned, OFP:E for the PC.

The estimated release dates are meaningless really, the game is ready and was ready. If BIS added 6 months to the ETA tomorrow, it would be because they can't sell the current game and they believe it will take 6 months of work to make it even more saleable.