txalin

William Porter's Blog

Actually i thought the island was bigger then this..

Again, NO SCALE! YOU CANT SEE HOW BIG IT IS AND BIS SAID FOR AT LEAST 10 TIMES THAT IT IS GOING TO BE 400KM

And yes, the caps was on purpose, i was screaming tounge2.gif

Sorry, but some people have good eyes and good distance evaluation. The island is small stop lying to yourself dude or you will be disappointed once you will have the game.

Well i will give you a new hope then.

The actual Sahrani size is only 64 KmË› or 16 % of the 400 KmË› announced. So the new hope is : what is the 84% remaining ? Is Sahrani only the begining of an archipelago conflict?

Here the actual scale of Sahrani island made with all the intels avalaible :

e905b003006f9d8363e8a449e787t.jpg

Full size here

And how do you evaluate that? There's no way. The ONLY information we have is what BIS leaked in interview, where 400kmË› was mentionned. That's hardly "the island is small" (without any backup proof)

I think that is actually fairly accurate. Don't forget there are more islands around it and they could be on the same map.

It's a guess that "this screen of briefing map takes that much space on the global map". You don't even see the whole crossroads on the briefing.

Instead of making wild guess and going either "it's uber huge" or down the doomsayer way, couldn't we simply... wait and see? Moreover when you end being that categoric when in fact... the proof is not there

Guest Ti0n3r

They have no reason to lie about the size of the island. It would just backfire at them the day the game hit the stores. You don't sell games by lying. icon11.gif

hmm i am all lost here (not unusual i know).

are we saying that the island i 10km x 40km = 400kmsquare

or 400km x 400 km = 160,000km square.

the average we play on in ofpr is 25 km x 25km = 625km square.

or is it cause we fit soo many objects on the 10 x 40 that in arma,

lmao its like arma/game2 allover again in my head smile_o.gifhelp.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

400 sq. km as in Everon + Malden + Kolgujev + Nogova + A little more landmass.

I believe the technical term is: FRIKIN' GINORMOUS

(can't wait to see the conversion factor for those units)

Wonder if William could tell us how long it takes him to walk across his part of the island. thumbs-up.gif

As for the political situation, the island is split into two countries. The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

In there you may find the 400km square wink_o.gif

In the Kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are King

Who says those lines are still on the same scale? If the islands are much bigger then its logical to change them  tounge2.gif

Seriously, BIS will NOT lie about this, they know we would find out anyway  wink_o.gif

(Oh, and 400km2 is only 20km×20km, wich is possible, after all, we had 52×52km islands in OFP!  rofl.gif )

They also said that there would be only one island...

EDIT: IIRC

The actual Sahrani size is only 64 KmË› or 16 % of the 400 KmË› announced. So the new hope is : what is the 84% remaining ? Is Sahrani only the begining of an archipelago conflict?

Full size here

You're right. From your pic, 8×8km=64km2. And it's not even all land, there's atleast 20% of water...well, you shattered our dreams after all! wink_o.gif But surely, BIS wouldn't do that to us, don't you think?

Edit: Changed my mind, not going to get involved in this silly argument.

Edit: Changed my mind, not going to get involved in this silly argument.

Of course not! If BIS said the island would be 400km2, than that's it! That information was revealed i don't know how long ago, but guys, don't take it all so seriously, let us have our fun of speculating and creating little myths around this superb game, we'll tell stories about it to our grandchildren someday... wink_o.gif

i recon this could be a small island off the side of the main island, like on malden biggrin_o.gif

You guys really shouldn't use that breifing screen map to scale it, for all we know that map itself may not be drawn to scale. Anyways, you still don't have enough information to scale it in km so STOP TRYING. Besides, we can get a feel of how big the island is from the screenshots (let's not ignore the screenshots in favor of the map...), and even if it's not 400km who the hell really cares - I don't.

and even if it's not 400km who the hell really cares - I don't.

Yes, all we care in the end is a great gameplay, and we know that will be implemented for sure wink_o.gif

Sanctuary pointed it : William said it on his blog. Sahra is just a small island in a bigger archipelago wich must be fully accessible without any loading.

sahrani_scale.jpg  

In terms of size ... easily as big as this! One island - 400 square km. That is the info that we have from Placebo. readthis.gif  The island comes from Willies Blog. Put 2+2 together I make 4. Or maybee I went to the wrong school!  tounge2.gif

We'll know soon enough, but let's not talk it down. Flying.gif

Sahrani is just a Small island!

The actual Sahrani size is only 64 KmË› or 16 % of the 400 KmË› announced. So the new hope is : what is the 84% remaining ?

Is Sahrani only the begining of an archipelago conflict?

Full size here

Plus:

Sanctuary pointed it : William said it on his blog. Sahra is just a small island in a bigger archipelago wich must be fully accessible without any loading.
well this is what the island creator told me some time ago, i posted in other thread.
lol, funny what everything you (fans) are able to find and talk about wink_o.gif Sahrani is based on real satelite datas but the shape whas modified to fit our campaign and ideas

I agree with it! because..

The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

I think Sahrani is just a part of all crap

Compaire! Rotate! AND See.. it makes sense!

I have 1 word for you... GUADELOUPE! (Rotate 180ÅŸ)

<a href="http://bravocompany.home.sapo.pt/ArmA/guadeloupe.jpg" target="_blank">

Goggle View</a>(1024x768)