Sign in to follow this  
Lightspeed

While Im waiting......

I only trialled OFP once, and couldnt stand the character animations so got rid of the game.

However, Im v interested in ArmA and want to hone my OFP skills for its release.

What would I need in the way of current OFP releases, patches, and mods to get in the game on a public Server?  Preferably Australian or NZ.

ty

Lighty

Resistance + 1.96 and the addons/mods are of course server specific. yay.gif

OPF+Resistance+1.96 patch or Goty+1.96, FDF mod seems the most popular online. There are some good custom anim packs around made by Sanctuary, you will just have to try them out and find wich you like better. The animations werent perfect but if you couldnt see past the animations to enjoy everything else the game had to offer ARMA might not be the game for you.

This is all easy to find if you really want to and its posted in the wrong section smile_o.gif .

edit:

EiZei is fast...

If you cant stand the animations you should download one of Sanctuary's three animation packs. He has three different but equally great animation packs. Each pack is a slightly different theme from the other so you're sure to find one that fits your preference.

He also has a pistol animation pack, be sure to get it also.

If you cant stand the animations you should download one of Sanctuary's three animation packs. He has three different but equally great animation packs. Each pack is a slightly different theme from the other so you're sure to find one that fits your preference.

He also has a pistol animation pack, be sure to get it also.

And if he wants to play online (as he said he did), his choices out of those are limited... whistle.gif

The pistol anim pack only works in MP if the server and everyone else is running it, same with the lean mod.

u say there are 3 diff animations - again if i choose one it has to match a specific server thats using them right?

maybe someone could suggest a server where i will be welcomed as an ofp noob?!? confused_o.gif

No, it's just that you can't use the DMA Lean addon and the Replacement Pistol Anim addon. These go in the addon folder though, while Sanctuary's replacement anims replace the anim.pbo (I believe, I installed mine ages ago)

Kyle, only the lean packs cause conflict in multiplayer. I use NG11 and the non lean version of the pistol pack every wendsday and sunday on CiA co op.

Yep, last time i played OFP MP i was using the Sanct. pistol anim 1.1 with no problem, i believe only the lean mod is incompatible smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I only trialled OFP once, and couldnt stand the character animations so got rid of the game.

So what you're really saying is that you are a moron, there's no cure for that as far as I know rofl.gif

Not to go OT, but the opening statement of this thread does not make any sense. Could you elaborate more? In other words do you only play games for their alleged superficial beauty?

--Ben

If your looking for an Australian server, Try OGN@iinet.

Server is located in Melbourne, you'll always find someone on at most times of the day

Also try the XDF Server. That uses no mods. Just straight old BIS...

for those who wish to criticize my choice to get rid of the game cos character anims sucked.

if you consider that might first online gaming on PC was Rogue Spear followed by Ghost Recon then you would understand that they both had great gameplay and graffix for the day.  So out of curiosity I decided to check out OFP and as the charanims looked like thunderbirds I didnt continue with it.

Now I am here to give it a go while I wait....so give me the info I want, and then stfu.

ty ggz

Lighty   wink_o.gif

So what you're really saying is that you are a moron, there's no cure for that as far as I know rofl.gif

Please refrain from flamebaiting on these forums.

so give me the info I want, and then stfu.

Please refrain from flaming on these forums.

i can only find cold war crisis, which I bought today, in stores.

is there anyway i can download Resistance, i always pay for software that is available, but Resistance aint.

Placebo, can you help me out, keeping in mind that Im doing this training in preparation for buying Armed Assault....

thanx for any help.

Lighty.

Odd you found CWC and not GOTY, can you not order Online?

Amazon

As its now Part of the PcGamer Collection thingy, Morrisons should stock it as well as Game.

Are you sure its CWC you found?

yes it is a collection classic now, but only cwc here. brand is by Heroes.

If all else fails Ebay often has a few copies.

Quote[/b] ]Please refrain from flamebaiting on these forums.

Oops, I must've been on a bad mood or something to be so unpolite. My apologies to Lightspeed smile_o.gif

Lightspeed I'm in contact with Gameswarehouse, they often import a few copies of GOTY so they have them on hand, will let you know if they currently have any smile_o.gif

To download search the torrent sites;)
Quote[/b] ]The Rules of Contents regulate the substance of what is posted. They are in place to ensure that topics that are posted do not offend and bother people or violate the law.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>§1)Discussions about Operation Flashpoint's copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering Operation Flashpoint will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.</span>

§2)No discussion about illegally obtained software

All discussions about warez, piracy or leaked software are strictly forbidden, such threads will be closed and will most likely result in a permanent ban for the instigator.