Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Stryker Armored Vehicle

You're right, I'll have to play with the idea.

It looks nice smile_o.gif

Does the stryker have any weapons ? TOW's, machineguns or something ?

Do you happen to see the CROWS .50? wink_o.gif

mp_phonix Posted on July 31 2006,11:26It looks nice smile_o.gif

Does the stryker have any weapons ? TOW's, machineguns or something ?

goodnight.gif

I'm sure you not, but if you need any extra inspiration for the stryker there is a book out about an american solider guy, based in mosul with strykers. Hes goes on about them quite a bit plus its a good read thumbs-up.gif

heres the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp....=glance

I personally would have used the texture(s) to add those lines on the cage instead of modelling them... confused_o.gif

Saves alot of poly's/faces, and the cage is pretty flat anyway confused_o.gif

that wouldn't work very well, if he made transparency on the side cages then you would be able to see completely through the vehicle at some points.

that wouldn't work very well, if he made transparency on the side cages then you would be able to see completely through the vehicle at some points.

No, you wouldn't. Transparency does not equal some kind of "MP see-through wallhack". If you know what you are doing then the transparent texture will look 95% the same as it would if you used an actual model for it, but with only 25% of the poly's (in the case of the skirt).

why nobody answeras ? huh.gif

What weapons does the striker have ?

Just look one post under your original question.

Still working hard guys, sorry for the late update. I still need someone who can help me getting the interior finished up.

I love updates wink_o.gif

Wilco,is there enough pics and info on the interior.

I've yet to figure out where the hell the driver sits, so if someone could help me I'd appreciate it.

If you would let me get MSN one (You don't get on your old one).  I'll hand it over to you to help me out smile_o.gif.

I have been waiting for a stryker for operation flashpoint for some time. Glad to see talented people take up the challenge. Looks excellent so far Wilco, keep up the good work.

Wilco you must've been a part of Duece Four at some time huh? Well at any rate thanks for taking up the challenge, i've been waiting for a Stryker for a loooooong time. It sucks being in a Stryker unit and never getting to use one on OFP. And Wilco, as soon as you get around to it don't forget to make the MCVB!

Reply from Wilco in a PM about the stryker.

Quote[/b] ]Hey Chip,

Well, my skills in modelling are very limite, so I handed the project over to NZXSHADOWS, but I haven't heard anything from him. I had to give this project up to someone else because like I said, I can't model.