Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Stryker Armored Vehicle

looking good vixer

Thank you,

Is there anyone here that knows a website with a walkaround of a Stryker with SLAT armor?

I have been looking at google but there are almost no high resolution photos of the side with SLAT armor. help.gif

Thanks for the website's those will do biggrin_o.gif

Surpher I did not know that website, thank you very much it is a good one yay.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Vixer heres some more for you:

M1135 NBC Varient

EDIT: Argh I hadnt read Surpher's post! Oh well

I hope that question is a joke.

Vixer, please make the Stryker armour values realistic, it is wierd how people will complain that addons values don't match yet they rush to download the most over powered addons. Personally I like a challenge, driving about being invincible would just get boring, and be unrealistic.

Man, people are soooo lazy. I just don't get why people who play by themselves don't modify the addons to their leisure.

surely if he gets the addon right the first time, then there's no need for people to hack it open and fuck around with it? I think thats what Jag is trying to get at... i dont think he's being 'sooooooo' lazy (is this californian surfer dude day?)

plus if you play MP, instead of 'playing with yourself' cameron, you'd start to realise the downside to crapping around with stuff for your own personal use.

Man, people are soooo lazy. I just don't get why people who play by themselves don't modify the addons to their leisure.

Your flamebaiting doesn't earn you points.

As for lazy when it comes to addons... No comment. People who know what I work on will just laugh at you.

If an addon is made properly you don't NEED to change the values. Not everyone wants an addon with "Patriotic Values" icon_rolleyes.gif

Your flamebaiting doesn't earn you points.

As for lazy when it comes to addons... No comment. People who know what I work on will just laugh at you.

If an addon is made properly you don't NEED to change the values. Not everyone wants an addon with "Patriotic Values" icon_rolleyes.gif

You're doing a pretty good job at rising to his 'flamebaiting' icon_rolleyes.gif But then again, you've always been known to enjoy a good hissy fit rofl.gif

Back on subject. Will you be modelling slat armour and if so, is there a way of making the vehicle more resistant to RPG rounds? Like somehow make a difference between being hit by a 120mm SABOT and an RPG-7? thumbs-up.gif

You're doing a pretty good job at rising to his 'flamebaiting' icon_rolleyes.gif But then again, you've always been known to enjoy a good hissy fit rofl.gif

Shashman

Advanced member

warn-4.gif

Contrary to Jag's, your blocks are below the stars instead of above tounge2.gif

Ontopic: I agree about addons being overpowered. There were several initiatives to standardize armor values. Too bad none ever worked out the way it was planned sad_o.gif

Betatesting.. Will be done by people I already have in mind, I all have them on msn already and all share the same thought about the armor value (anti patriotic).

I will try to make the armor as realistic as possible. How the SLAT armor will be defined is still something that I am thinking about. But at the same time also something that comes after the normal version. smile_o.gif

Hi Vixer,

Since our project has a similar vehicle (Piranha/LAV III) in development I'd be grateful if you could share any notes on how you developed the best armour value balance etc...not to mention any scripts and anims.

notworthy.gif

As for making the slat armour work, perhaps a script that reduces the damage inflicted by a hit would be sufficient as it would reduce the effectiveness of RPG type weapons to realistic M-Kills while Tank Main armaments and large items of ordnance should still have sufficient hitting power to get a k-kill every time.

I know it wouldnt be perfect but it would be relatively simple and effective.

The model is ingame now... I received a message of someone that can provide me higher quality textures, but it is not for sure yet if I am allowed to use those.

Awaiting the result of that I will not touch the current textures yet. I will think about doing another version while waiting for the textures  wink_o.gif

Do not forget the Stryker shown on these screenshots are not the final result. (shadow etc. will be added)

Stryker-002.jpg

Stryker-003.jpg

goodnight.gif

verry nice model  smile_o.gif

Screenshots: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/iav-pics-icv.htm

let's not forget that it is a vehicle that drives, everybody is talking about armour values, but for me personal the way it drives, and the way it looks while driving is much more important.

Also maybee you could add something like a script so the soldiers inside exit the vehicle fast! I believe strykers or well the stryker brigades do lots of raids and such, so quick entry into the area of ops and quick exitting the vehicle would be nice! And also maybee make the 50cal have a good range for engaging enemy, so you'd have good cover while exitting the vehicle...

edit

oooh and about the version with the RPG fences, make sure the AI knows about the extra width of the vehicle before the AI get's stuck in tight spots... I dont know if or how you define those things, but It might be a good point...? huh.gif

For the Stryker resistance, if you increase the value of the armorEngine/armorFuel to a higher value (2-3), unless being fired upon by very powerfull weapons, the vehicle will still be disabled, the crew and passengers wounded to different degrees, but without exploding, leaving no chance of escaping.

This way, the AFV could "survive", but K.O., to a rocket hit or a BIS land AT mine  wink_o.gif

Edit :

Actually, your Stryker looks already very pretty notworthy.gif

So need to buy VBS to have the pleasure/unluck to drive one of them rofl.gif

If an addon is made "properly?" icon_rolleyes.gif Last time I checked, there was no "global" concensus on what is a "proper" addon, or a gigantic table of armour values for every single addon in the world for people to look at (CAVS is close, but not perfect).

Ontopic: Stryker is looking damned good, Vixer. Eagerly waiting for it!

For the Stryker resistance, if you increase the value of the armorEngine/armorFuel to a higher value (2-3), unless being fired upon by very powerfull weapons, the vehicle will still be disabled, the crew and passengers wounded to different degrees, but without exploding, leaving no chance of escaping.

This way, the AFV could "survive", but K.O., to a rocket hit or a BIS land AT mine  wink_o.gif

Edit :

So need to buy VBS to have the pleasure/unluck to drive one of them  rofl.gif

It's a proven fact that ALOT of Strykers have been seriously damaged, but the vast majority make it back (may never ride again, but they usually make it), limping or otherwise, it's pretty tough for it's size. The SLAT Armor just needs to be defined as a Component in the Geometry LOD, so the AI will bounce against buildings, as well as AI soldiers.

If you want a good compromise between armor value and destructability by main tank guns and ATGM's, look at my mod's IDF M113 Zeldas. These are M113's with an armored skirt going around the main hull which reduce chances of penetration by RPG-7's. Its not always perfect, but in general it prevents most penetrations and reduces dammage in the event of a penetration (that along with a good anti-spalling liner inside the APC).

If I remember correctly I believe our Zeldas take 3 hits to destroy them. Sometimes the crew jump out wounded rather then the M113 being destroyed. We have similar settings for our Egyptian BTR-60 where sometimes an RPG-7 hit will cause the crew to bail out wounded.

Keep in mind please that the majority of the missions made with this addon will not be against enemy main battle tanks but against insurgents armed with RPG-7's. So whether or not a T-55 destroys it easily is not as much of an issue.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edit :

So need to buy VBS to have the pleasure/unluck to drive one of them  rofl.gif

Additional HP-Lod and Firegeometry selections with armour=enough to stop RPG (~300) and passthrough=0 would work? Would slow missile be "catched" by selection and fast bullets/tank rounds pass through it?

Just thinking aloud - no testing yet.

I see no pics on that site M9Ace.

NM,had to disable my firewall.