Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Stryker Armored Vehicle

*** Update*** I tried the "Deep Exploration" program and I wasn't able to open the .attr files. Does anyone know what modelling program can open and covert these files to .p3d models?huh.gif

Or do you have to buy the program and buy an extra plugin to get that? If anyone can convert these models to .p3d it would be a very important first step to getting someone to put a Stryker into OFP.

Stryker in Oxygen:

gcs03217tc.th.jpg

Had to remove some faces to make it visible in Buldozer though.

I think Bobcatt means the LAV variants that Sigma created.

Bobcatt also didn't see the post beforehand about the FREE Stryker models. However they need converting into oxygen using some program called "Deep Exploration" as they are in something called "openflight" format. I am not familiar with the format but perhaps if someone has this program, they can convert the LOD's into p3d format so that addon makers can start working on them.

The site is here:

http://www.cscmodeling.com/homepage.htm

the direct download is here:

http://www.cscmodeling.com/free.models/M1126_stryker_us.zip

*** Update*** I tried the "Deep Exploration" program and I wasn't able to open the .attr files. Does anyone know what modelling program can open and covert these files to .p3d models?huh.gif

Or do you have to buy the program and buy an extra plugin to get that? If anyone can convert these models to .p3d it would be a very important first step to getting someone to put a Stryker into OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I will take a look on the model and see if I can create something good out of it whistle.gif

Not quite on subject sorry, but when someone perfects a conversion on the Stryker model, be appreciated if you could replicate for the free DDG51 model from the same web site ....

I tried myself with the various conversions tools I have (got Biturn now thanks Surpher, but I dont have Deep Exploration and had to use anim8or) but this was the best I could get. Some the textures didnt convert at all and/or were misplaced on the model. I even think some of the wires were missing too.

DDG_1.jpg

If you could do this then I would need the raw TGA or BMP files too, that convert, because I noticed "demo" text over much of the GFX and thus would to be touched up.

Cheers !

Now we return you to your regular Stryker Channel ......

Wow awesome...yeah Ironsight or Vixer, if either one of you get it working, that would be fantastic. It would really be nice for all kinds of missions in which a fast APC is lacking. In the LoBo Iran/Iraq map pack for example, we released the Orson's OPGWC EE-9 Cascavell armored car with the 90mm cockerill cannon. That thing can really move fast and makes a great recon vehicle. I could imagine how the Styker would make a great fast moving APC that could get soldiers to an area more quickly then any of the tracked APC's/IFV's in OFP could via roads. With armor ratings roughly the same as COMBAT's uparmored Bradleys it should be a fairly good vehicle in OFP. The main issue would just be how the remote MG station worked which is why I think both a car class and a tank class version could be made to satisfy everyone who will complain regardless of which type is used.

Personally I prefer a car class with a remote MG system similar to how the one on the Dingo armored car OFP addon was made.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Since we're making requests

Rhino Runner anybody??

(Transport that can withstand IEDs) biggrin_o.gif

Info

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=429

Surely someone can make this beautiful monstronsity?

[imghttp://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/49520_labphoto_72.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/rhino_runner_1.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/rhino_runner_rear.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/rhino_runner.jpg[/img]

I think this is the Stryker request topic. wink_o.gif

I had a try with the Stryker model.. but I can't get in converted good.. sad_o.gif

Thanks to Surpher I have the converted Stryker model on my HD.

I hope to do some work on it tonight, if it goes well I will continue working on it.

Only to wish you good luck and good work.

I really hope to see something great coming from you. thumbs-up.gif

Strykers, like LAVs and similar, are very usefull and versatile vehicles in OFP.

Klavan

Yeah , really would like to see a Stryker addon.Good Luck!!!

Stryker-001.jpg

Some little work done on it, I have deleted the square wheeltextures and merged the texture with the wheeltexture. The wheels also got a desert flavour added. wink_o.gif

The model is ingame now... I received a message of someone that can provide me higher quality textures, but it is not for sure yet if I am allowed to use those.

Awaiting the result of that I will not touch the current textures yet. I will think about doing another version while waiting for the textures wink_o.gif

Do not forget the Stryker shown on these screenshots are not the final result. (shadow etc. will be added)

Stryker-002.jpg

Stryker-003.jpg

goodnight.gif

Looking awesome.How is the weapon system working?

vixer can u in any way release it as public beta ? and just update it with new texture and other fixes so that the community can play with it.

Looking awesome.How is the weapon system working?

Alive and killing tounge2.gif

vixer can u in any way release it as public beta ? and just update it with new texture and other fixes so that the community can play with it.

Edited by SPONGKLINGK on Mar. 30 2006,05:18

Not at the moment, currently the thing is even not ready for betarelease yet. sorry. smile_o.gif

isnt that the stryker from some half life 1 game?

isnt that the stryker from some half life 1 game?

nope we someone found the model on the interent and he put it in ofp.

Stryker-004.jpg

Textures modified a bit, but still not the final product smile_o.gif

Very impressive. If you compare it with this photo, it's looking pretty much spot on thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

problems%20with%20armor%20found%20on%20Stryker%20combat%20vehicle%20assault%20.jpg

Stryker-004.jpg