Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA Animations -UniGen-

ffgunidma3dl.jpg

DMA Animation replacement pack "UniGen" released.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Why another DMA animation pack, can't you just give up ?

This pack was created to get rid of a visual annoyance when playing with an addon that has been created using the BIS resistance new civilian model as a basis and one of my animation pack.

While no real visual annoyances with my other animation packs could be spotted on a model built from OFP Cold War Crisis soldiers (the majority of the addons available) , more and more addons makers are now using the Resistance new civilian model that come with the BIS free model pack for Oxygen, and without them adapting the new Resistance model arms to fit my animation pack (Williec and Offtime kindly did it for their units), it looks rather ugly in 1st person view, the arm was hiding the hand, or was going through the weapon.

The specific hand position on my other animation packs , like the "NextGen" one, were made to give the illusion that the soldier was visually "catching" a weapon barrel with the whole hand in 1st person view , while the BIS hand position was in fact catching the weapon barrel between 2 fingers.

But the BIS hand position had a strong advantage over my choice : the 1st person view looked mostly the same with the old CWC model , and the newer Resistance one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bla, bla, bla ... so you use BIS hand positions , yes or no ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So in order to have something that look good enough, whatever base model is used for an addon, i decided to create this new animation pack, codename "UniGen" for Universal Generic.

As i used the same BIS hand position, the 1st person view should look visually acceptable with every kind of model based on the new Resistance civilian model , or based on a Cold War Crisis model.

Another good side effect is that some units without sleeves or something to hide their wrist (lack of, in OFP,) junction will have their wrist 'repaired'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zzzzzzzz, oops you are always here ? so i just have to download this and scrap your previous anim.pbo ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING : It is not meant as an evolution of the nextGen pack, but as an alternative (because the feeling is not the same), try it and see by yourself which one you prefer.

You are annoying me now, just give me a download link !!

-----------------------

Download mirrors (any mirror help appreciated)

-----------------------

Filefront mirror

Rapidshare mirror

OFP.info mirror thanks to Acacyn

Size : 9,4mo

Look into the .rar archive to get the Classic or Patrol version of this "UniGen" pack.

You will notice several goodies too, for the anim pack.

But that's not all, scroll down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vbnunilean9zx.jpg

DMA Lean/Roll/CrouchMove pack "UniGen"

And, here is a new version of the DMA Lean/Roll/Crouchmove mod , re-created to fit the new "UniGen" DMA animation replacement pack , to benefit from the new hand positions, and to interpolate with the new released "UniGen" pack smoothly.

-----------------------

Download mirrors (any mirror help appreciated)

-----------------------

Filefront mirror

Rapidshare mirror

OFP.info mirror thanks to Acacyn

Size : 4,7mo

WARNING : it is not meant as an evolution of the previous DMA Lean mod. The previous one was , and always is, smoothly interpolated with the "NextGen" DMA animation replacement pack.

So use this new one only if you will use the DMA animation replacement pack "UniGen" to get the best visual result.

Inside the package, as before read the text files to know how to implement those new animations in a different mod than the DMA mini mod included there.

And you can find a ready to be used mini DMA mod featuring the "UniGen" DMA Lean/Roll/Crouchmove and the DMA animation replacement pack "UniGen" (patrol version)

There you can find a modified ECP 1.085 config ready to use the DMA_Lean.pbo

Here you will find a more detailled step by step explanation on how to implement the new anim classes yourself in a config.

NOTICE : if you have already modified a mod config for the previous DMA_Lean animations, and want to use the latest "UniGen" version of the anim replacement pack and so the "UniGen" DMA_Lean.pbo , all you have to do is just replace the old DMA_Lean.pbo by the new one, no more changes needed config-wise as i modified no class names.

If you don't like those new packs, you can always find the DMA animation replacement pack NextGen and the related DMA Lean mod in my signature.

In case you want to launch yourself in OFPAnim , this website has all the tutorial you need, that's with these tutorials i learnt how to use it (adding some trial&errors sessions smile_o.gif ).

Have fun.

It's the constant self-nitpicking and tweaking and insane pursuit of perfection like this that makes me feel at home in this communities.

We're all crazy. But it's what keeps this place alive.

Great work Sanctuary!!!

Its *cough*

Anyway, on another note, these look great, I'll be checking them out and then deciding whether to replace the lean version of the NextGen pack with these, or to stick with them.

NOTICE : if you have already modified a mod config for the previous DMA_Lean animations, and want to use the latest "UniGen" version of the anim replacement pack and so the "UniGen" DMA_Lean.pbo , all you have to do is just replace the old DMA_Lean.pbo by the new one, no more changes needed config-wise as i modified no class names.

notworthy.gif

Yeah. Will happily try these out. Was worried I would have to reedit some configs. I finally got everything working with Liberation and don't want to have to edit that beast again for a bit. Though I did learn a lot. Off to see how these look.

I just tried them out with the OFrP units (which you reminded me I had installed wink_o.gif ) and I almost fell out my chair, they're AWESOME. Nice work mate.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

While I am there, I forgot to mention this in the 1st post :

You are totally free to use/modify any of the animations from this pack in any kind of mod -without- having to ask me or any DMA member first, but just give credit to the DMA team is very recommended.

the "backbone" file is always included to help people wanting to rework those anims.

On Ofp.info Acacyn wrote: "Needed for DMA Lean animation: ECP v1.085 (Full) [130,77 MB]"

It is true? huh.gif

No, it is a small mistake, the ECP mod is needed only if you want to use the DMA lean mod inside ECP , using the ECP modified config located in the 1st post.

By default, the DMA lean mod is standalone , it has an included mini mod that allow you to play with the new lean/roll/crouchmove anims immediately.

EDIT : Acacyn edited his article, so there will be no misunderstanding.

Quote[/b] ]No, it is a small mistake

ok. thx.

I hope that standalone addons and mods are future of Armed Assault.

crazy_o.gif must be new ones, cause i have frenchpoint installed (the best looking units i have seen so far....) but they do not look THAT good...will have to check. Thanks for the info

I think they're the Jungle versions (still part of the same pack).

Yes, Jackal is right, these screenshots were made using the jungle version of the current Operation Frenchpoint soldiers.

You can find them on the OFrP website to see if you have the latest version of their packs

It is not jungle fatigues but the way french soldiers wear their camouflaged fatigue during spring and summer wink_o.gif

The desert camouflaged fatigue is called "treillis Outremer".

Sanctuary, your work is as always top-notched and a must-have in my computer notworthy.gif

It is not jungle fatigues but the way french soldiers wear their camouflaged fatigue during spring and summer  wink_o.gif

Tell that to the class they come under in the editor, distinctly mentions the word Jungle...

Anyway, back on topic, it might just be me, but I can't lean with pistols now with the Unigen pack.

Do you have a dmapistolean.pbo somewhere in your ..\Addons\ ,...\Res\Addons\ or ...\yourFavoriteMod\Addons\ folder ?

If yes, that's good, but now check that there is no presence of a file named dmapistol.pbo in

...\Addons\ ,...\Res\Addons\ or ...\yourFavoriteMod\Addons\ folder

If you find one, delete it.

Having OFP to load the dmapistol.pbo and the dmapistolean.pbo in the same time is usually the source of problems and certainly why you don't have the leaning with handgun.

Sorted, had dmapistol.pbo in my @SJB folder with my custom GUIs, deleted it and tis solved the issue. Cheers.

Damn good work Sanc!!!

Downloading now

smile_o.gif

Are there any function changes as in easier to see enemies around corners etc?

Will we have to continue to kick users of these mods in multiplayer?

Will we have to continue to kick users of these mods in multiplayer?

No, OFP will do that for you when it crashes. The server, and 95% of the connected clients will crash if someone connects and uses the leaning, if the server/clients don't have the mod installed, and vice-versa.