Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA Animations -UniGen-

Quote[/b] ]Are there any function changes as in easier to see enemies around corners etc?

Will we have to continue to kick users of these mods in multiplayer?

-> about the lean mod :

This is not compatible with Multiplayer, unless the server has this installed, so if you want to play with that online, ask a server admin to put this on server.

This is not compatible with Locke anim mod , do not try to install both at the same time it will not work, as both mod are using the same config method.

Now if you talked about the animation replacement pack itself , there is no problem in MP.

Very nice as your other anims packs! Just a question, could you help to make some specific anims for WW2 soldiers? For example, the soviet soldiers could catch the mag drum correctly with PPSH41 gun or german guys could put the hand rightly on MP40? I've made some Soviet troop pack and Waffens Pack. But the anims are not very nice for WW2 weapon.

For example, the soviet soldiers could catch the mag drum correctly with PPSH41 gun or german guys could put the hand rightly on MP40?

Unfortunately, you can only have one animation to define how the units on all sides hold thier primary weapon. It would be good to be able to implement unit animations into weapon models, so that all units picking up said weapon would inherit is associated anims. I know nothing about 3D/Game design so I'm not sure if this is even possible. confused_o.gif

That's the problem currently in the way OFP works, the animations are related to the units, not the weapon.

By example, you make an animation for a machinegunner , so he catches the heavy weapon anatomically correctly, but as soon as this machinegunner will use a different weapon (and that happens a lot during mission), he will continue to use the machinegunner anims and so will look "funny".

So that's unfortunately hopeless in OFP, and unfortunately maybe hopeless in ArmA too as the animation system is supposed to be the same.

Quote[/b] ]Q: Concerning soldiers, will we see variations for the same kind of animation, (as current Flashpoint is with death animations), so if for example we see a squad of soldiers standing together they won't animate as though they're clones?

A (V.B): The complete animation model is changed in ArmA and there are many more animations than were seen in OFP.

Let's hope it really means what we think, and not a PR stunt wink_o.gif

Read the readme file, its got all the instructions as well as the cfgmoves entries you need to copy over. Back up your original FDF/LibMod config and have a go yourself.

Has anyone got these anims working for

FDF 1.4 and LibMOD?

Yes, they do. I've tried the anmis in FDF 1.4 and ECP, very nice and you would get a new effect in game!

Can somebody mail the CPP files for me?

Especially the one for FDF 1.4

(maybe also for Lib45)

I''ve tried for hours and failed sad_o.gif

I get error messages.

itran@eudent.sk

*Edit: It wont work! It comes up with "Page Cannot Be Found" please help! I tried at least 3 times with the same result!

After replacing anim and installing lean mod I noticed a strange bug: when I'm switching to handgun, I can't turn or move in space, but still the legs are moving like they are walking...Maybe that's not because of the anim mods, maybe thats some config error or somthin, what do you think? Thanks...

What you describe is not related to the DMA animations (unless you did something strange yourself, as like it is released there is no bug), but it sounds like the handgun bug that appear when you play with a config.cpp that you forgot to convert back in .bin format with CPP2BIN

Only exception to that are the ECP , the WGL5 and the FDF config.cpp that do not need to be converted back to config.bin.

An alternative to converting a config.cpp into a config.bin to get rid of the handgun bug can be found here

Sanctuary, thanks a lot man! You were right! Actually I converted it to .bin back, but I left the .cpp file in the folder and that was the problem...Thanks again!

Having trouble get the new lean-animas. for ECP. Got it fine for vanilla- using the -mod =@dmalean command. Looking thru this thread, Ifound link just for ecp/lean and d/l'ed file "ECPmodLean" which had no read-me, just two folders

1. Ecp -DRSound

2.Ecp-BiSound

Are these right? They both contained a Config.cpp which I tried putting in ECP/Bin folder to no luck, and I'm starting to confuse myself which is the original. help.gif

I think I read that you can leave it in the Cpp format for ecp rather than converting to Bin.