Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD 2nd Rifle Core

Go on KS,don't forget about OFPL and Kabal's weaps as well as about sjb's.And about Bambi's guys and the folowing DMA libian army and abo... whistle.gif

But nice,can't say anything.But still prefer JFR's.But it seems what my preferences'll change soon. smile_o.gif

rhs2ndriflegru45eh.jpg

rhs2ndriflenav19uc.jpg

rhs2ndrifle1a7jg.jpg

It's time...  wink_o.gif

RHS 2ndrifle

There are 5 pbos included, 4 of them replace the original RHS_GRU_Scripts, RHS_Naval_Scripts, RHS_RFMI_Scripts, and RHS_SOBR_Scripts pbos, but I've gotten together with members of the RHS team for this so you can consider it an offically approved update. The fifth contains the weapons, to use them simply place the RHS 2ndrifle Weapons game logic (along with the core 2ndrifle logic) in the editor and all RHS infantry and weapons will be compatable (except for units with only 1 weapon slot - ex. garrison units). The 2ndrifle core is required for the 2ndrifle feature to work, but the update can still be used perfectly fine without it, the useractions will just be dormant.

I would greatly apprechiate some mirrors for this too. And please be kind enough to report any bugs ASAP so I can fix them.

Download:

BD RHS 2ndrifle.rar [2.38 MB]

Oh,what's sounds good.Come on,12 weapon packs ; and all the units and everything will be fine. smile_o.gif

Don't forget about Norfor and SFP wink_o.gif.And for ORCS' units.And their weapons.

Aye, but one can't just go about making every unit and weapon compatable, especially since more than half the time one must get permission from the authors and furthermore the materials needed.

That said, I'm taking a break from making other peoples stuff compatable and experimenting with updates for the core, possibly including new, better looking anims.

Nice work KS.

Are these conversions MP compatibile?

If so then I'd love to see the MAP soldiers/weapons done.

The 2ndrifle is definatly MP compatable, but the updated RHS configs might cause conflict if not every is using the same version. I got together with members of the RHS team and it was decided that it would be an "official" patch, or something like that. crazy_o.gif

Bottom line is, everyone who uses RHS mod should download it. tounge2.gif

Kyle, you could have binarized those RHS weapon models, that would cut down the file size drastically. whistle.gif

Kyle, you could have binarized those RHS weapon models, that would cut down the file size drastically. whistle.gif

Hehe, funny story really...

That was the plan (RHS was more concerned about their models' security - won't make a difference anyway since they forgot to binarize their weapon pack in the first place tounge2.gif ).

But try as I did, I just couldn't get that darn binarize to work, and that made me angry, so I gave up before any more harm was caused to my computer... by me. whistle.gif

banghead.gif Can someone help me with my binarize problem?  huh.gif  (<-- how can you say no to that face?)

Thanks Kuba, words can not express our gratitude for all of you who host our files and post mirrors.  thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif

Would love to see an EDF version of this (I'm a bit EDF obsessed right), and one for BMI BlackOps.

Jackal please please please make your weapon pack compatible.

Jackal please please please make your weapon pack compatible.

OK....you re-do ~300 weapon models, in what people keep expecting to be 5-minutes, then we'll talk...You have no idea how long it'll take. I already have my hands full coding and modelling for v2.0, without adding MORE to my work-load. Plus the fact, I can't even start re-doing the weapon models to be compatible with this particualr project, seeing as how practically every single model still needs tweaking in one way or another - so even if I wanted to at this time work on it, I can't, because I'd only have to re-do it a few weeks down the line.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Kyle's achievement, and would really like to support it, I just don't have the time. If after the release of v2.0 Kyle (or someone else who) has enough time to convert all the models to be compatible is willing to do so, I will allow it.

Ah, stop causing trouble in my thread...  tounge2.gif

XCess you should have brought that up in Jackal's thread, since its not a request to me. If you two are going to continue that discussion, please do so in your own thread Jackal...  wink_o.gif

And just for some comparison here, I converted 25 weapons (from RHS) in a cumulative time of about an hour or so, I figure. To be honest I can't really tell because I only did about 10 minutes of real work each day...  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ah, stop causing trouble in my thread...

Sorry tounge2.gif

Also, I've ad a bit of a problem running the script. Maybe it was because I was almost falling alseep when I tried it, but I just put the AK/SVD unit on map, and when I tried switching weapon, the SVD would stay on my back and fire into the ground.

I'm using a pretty old version of Sanctuary's patrol anims, so this could be the cause, but I'm not sure. Is it compatible with different anim packs? Or did I just miss out something entirely?

I just thought I should post this since a few people have been asking about it. This is the method I used to make the fake weapon models, it's fast and yields good results.

This is starting from the original weapon model (which should be allready be properly positioned to be held properly by the soldier), make a copy of it and perform the following:

1. Place pin (press R for "Move pin" mode) at grid origin (0,0,0), or close enough so it appears alligned with the axes when zoomed out to fit the size of the weapon.

2. Select the entire model via select all (ctrl-A).

3. Find "Points" at the top menu bar, scroll down to "Transform 3d", then click "Rotate..." Check the "Relative to pin" and "Apply to all lods" boxes, then enter the following values; x = 90, y = 110, z = 0. Click OK.

4. Without deselecting anything, go back to Points/Transform 3d and click "Move..." Check the "Relative to pin" and "Apply to all lods" boxes again, and enter the following values; x = 0.02, y = -0.025, z = 0.23. Click OK.

That's it, save the new model and you're done and can move on to the next model or the config.  wink_o.gif

You don't have to do it this way, and you can change the position of the weapon to however you like it, but this is a very fast method and the position is one that works well for any or at least most weapons.  smile_o.gif

Edit: Gee willickers! Y'all made posts while I was typing, sneaky buggers... tounge2.gif

Luckily I can kill two birds with one stone and solve both of your problems with the same answer:

Place the proper 2ndrifle Game Logic(s) - Allways the core (BDKS - Logic/2nd Rifle Init), plus any logics for extra weapons you want to use (ex. RHS 2nd Rifle Weapons).

thumbs-up.gif

Arrr, now ye be posting while I be editing me posts!  crazy_o.gif

Ok, you need to place the core game logic (Game Logic/BDKS - Logic/2nd Rifle Init) for any of it to work. Then, for the RHS weapons to work, you need to place the RHS 2nd Rifle Weapons game logic on top of that (not literally "on top" of it position-wise  tounge2.gif ).

thanks ks your a *star* whistle.gif

now works perfectly and because rhs units are basically the only ones i use you've made me very happy biggrin_o.gif

KS is it at all possible of making the RHS osv96 2nd weap compat because if you get in a firefight with it your basically screwed whereas in real life you'd have maybe a bizon or ak as a backup, if its possible please have a go (with permission of course)

notworthy.gif

It´s possible to make a RPG and LAW to act as a 2ndrifle?

I want to fire prone/stand and run when using this weapons like this screen:

opfrpg.jpg

G-LOC

It´s possible to make a RPG and LAW to act as a 2ndrifle?

I want to fire prone/stand and run when using this weapons like this screen:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/G_LOC/opfrpg.jpg

G-LOC

run when using an AT or AA weapon? errr no

to the stand and prone thing, other animations are needed for these kind of weapons, but why should it not be possible, i am sure kyle finds a way if he wants to

aww you beat me to asking that question but it deffinetly can be done via anims because laser used it on some units of his a while back

I think the AT weapons can be set as a rifle to act as a 2andrifle. The anims will be the same. The weapons will be another name - LAW(2R)

If I have a AT as my only weapon I will have few ammo. A good pistol will help, but not as a rifle.

G-LOC

thanks ks your a *star* whistle.gif

now works perfectly and because rhs units are basically the only ones i use you've made me very happy biggrin_o.gif

KS is it at all possible of making the RHS osv96 2nd weap compat because if you get in a firefight with it your basically screwed whereas in real life you'd have maybe a bizon or ak as a backup, if its possible please have a go (with permission of course)

notworthy.gif

No, it's too big and takes up both slots.

G-LOC, no, 2ndrifle is just a trick, it doesn't actually make the primary and secondary slot interchangable. The only way to get units to be able to stand and go prone with AT weapons is with a new set of animations with a new config - if it makes you feel better, this IS being worked on, but is not a priority...