Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Whats wrong with them? Ive never seen such nice hands in a game before tounge2.gif

He he .... ok then .... looks like it's me tounge2.gif

Where can the original US Armed Forces video be found again?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on a fansite, thanks for considering though.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably just a small hiccup in the animation. In OFP, certain anims tended to distort the soldier models a bit during movement (and only for a couple of frames), but weren't very noticable at normal speed. If you don't believe me, try strafing with BIS anims in OFP in 3rd person quickly changing between left and right (use setacctime if you still can't see it), sometimes they can look paper thin for a single frame. crazy_o.gif

I don't get the endless whining about the shape of a T72, the use of USMC vehicles or the number of fingers on a hand.

And i dont get bashing ppl just because they said that something in game is not right in their humble opinion.

No need to attack me, ive already decided to buy this game, im just sharing my observation and If you dont agree with me just post something like " i dint noticed that, hands looks fine to me" like ofpforum did instead calling someone a whiner.

---EDIT---

I see, thx for explanation KyleSarnik. I do believe You tounge2.gif

Or throwing a grenade going downhill (my favorite). You turn into Gumby for 2 seconds.

Ahh we have only seen a hint of the reload animations.. they look good.. but do we see animated magazines and working parts?

...I don't get the endless whining about the shape of a T72, the use of USMC vehicles or the number of fingers on a hand.

Oh c'mon, Its not like we were whining, just saying it looked funny, theres a clear line between whining and having a laugh!

I do agree that the enviroments need to be concentrated on a little more than the rest, take for example the new map that was released for OFP: Arabia Island

I thought that the landscape was very acurate, and would like to see more like it in the future!

Ahh we have only seen a hint of the reload animations.. they look good.. but do we see animated magazines and working parts?

I've yet to see the reload animations. Will there be different animations for different types of weapons, Animations for mags would be cool too.

That new US forces video is great BTW the detail in the environment is superb and the weapon and shadow affects I just Love. I really pleased to see such a great piece of work form BIS.

Dont you Guys think that there is a problem with soldiers hands on AA screenshots and vids ? Left hand holding rifle looks realy weird on lots of ingame vids and generaly hands look not right on some screen shots, take a closer look at this ( very nice ) screen shot -> http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armbeta2.jpg .

Is it only me ? crazy_o.gif

if you can't explain why it looks "not right" then there's probably nothing wrong with it...which would naturally lead you to contemplate your own sanity. if there's no reason you can state, then i don't know what you're complaining about.

Very nice, I like the atmosphere in this one.

Colours are darker and more saturated (if you compare them with the screens...)

*shakes head*

I emailed jr at idea games enquiring about the demo for the game and his reply was to contact 505 games about it

Bear in mind I was asking about the demo.. if thats not the biggest example of passing the buck then I dont know what is.

How slack can you get if thats your response "dont call us"

lets see, to date that makes BI and now idea games that can't or dont want to tell us a thing about the demo. Someones really getting lazy... mad_o.gif

Very nice, I like the atmosphere in this one.

Colours are darker and more saturated (if you compare them with the screens...)

lol why would you compare them to screenshots when it's a photo taken of a monitor?

Dont you Guys think that there is a problem with soldiers hands on AA screenshots and vids ? Left hand holding rifle looks realy weird on lots of ingame vids and generaly hands look not right on some screen shots, take a closer look at this ( very nice ) screen shot -> http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armbeta2.jpg .

if you can't explain why it looks "not right" then there's probably nothing wrong with it...which would naturally lead you to contemplate your own sanity. if there's no reason you can state, then i don't know what you're complaining about.

First of all on this specific screenshot palms are way to small comparing to rest of the body.

Left hand is dummy-like.

Take closer look at right hand, do you think that fingers under the trigger are ok ( there are no knuckles) ? also hand sticks out of a sleeve in silly angle.

You asked nener.gif

Patience man, it's not that your life depends on it.

This is true but all I asked was about the demo release and the response from ideagames was to call 505 games, wtf... most demo's are promulgated online. How hard is it to get a commitment to a simple answer to a simple question.

Its no secret that a demo is availible to the press, so how hard can it be to release that same information to the public. Its built..its out there. Duckshoving the answer over to 505 is pure laziness

Duckshoving the answer over to 505 is pure laziness

Whats whining on these forums instead of actually asking 505 then? Bullshitting? huh.gifgoodnight.gif

Ahh but I have mate.... jr's email included a point of contact

I decided not to put that name on the forum lest they bombard this person. So its not quite Bullshitting now is it..it pays to ask the right questions.

I have yet to recieve a response,and considering I only did it 2 hrs ago Im more than man enough to wait

First of all on this specific screenshot palms are way to small comparing to rest of the body.

Left hand is dummy-like.

Take closer look at right hand, do you think that fingers under the trigger are ok ( there are no knuckles) ? also hand sticks out of a sleeve in silly angle.

You asked nener.gif

No I can't see anything wrong with the hands. The pose is a bit weird, but hell it's just a fragment. I even see the knuckels in the glove.

Enough of the hand lol im sorry i brought it up!

Anyways this pic here, is very awsome, I wonder if there are different modes of looking through a weapon's sight? Or is it just because it differes from this one here?

Thanks!

I'm seriously worried about how opfor soldiers look in some latest screenshots. The NATO body armor issue has been mentioned before, i'm not a hardcore realism fan so I can live with that. But look at their FACES! They look like they've been drinking for a month before they got bundled into urals and brought to fight capitalist opressors. and the EYES! It seems these soldiers came straight form the 9th circle of hell. If anyone was still in question who the bad guys are these latest screenshots should leave noone doubting. Most of BIS forum dwellers probably don't care about this cause they'll be playing for US forces mostly, but i'm going to play as North Sahrani and current quality of NS soldier models is unsatisfactory.

I would like to say one thing that's bugging me!

notice the wheels on this picture:

bisxr2.jpg

and notice the real life wheels of M84AB-1 (havy upgraded T-72M):

m8402bk5.jpg

BIS model has somehow "deeper" wheel, see any difference?. It catches my eye instantly.

I hope BIS will fix it smile_o.gif .