Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

That looks absolutely ace! - I'm amazed at this.

Or maybe i'm easily pleased. I've never even considered Track IR, but this is impressive.

Edit: just watched right to the end and the folliage looks great. Just hope that my machine will be able to cope.

On the subject of leaning, has anyone seen anything to say that it will be possible to do in ArmA using a key combination or something?

Vegetation is beautiful,and there is definatly some kind of extra feeling of immersion given by the ability to move ones head freely without moving the weapon,something that even the most 'realistic' fps's will never have without this feature (then again this isn't a run of the mill fps) . And the shadows were just wonderful.

The grass is mixed with weeds,not just grass,I can see 3 types of grass type things there in part of the movie in the same area,much better than the usual 'nothin but grass'. The leaves on the tree's look great,the smooth moving of the soldiers is much better,definatly better than OFP:E,an example would be the leaning,its pretty much a quick tap and your leaning at the speed or light or so,whereas this

it takes a few seconds it seems. I also love how you can lean a bit or alot.

The soldier shadows appear like they can now hold more detail than OFP can,a great plus if so. The dynamic shadows are nothing short of beautiful. The terrain is much detailed than in any image I'v seen,atleast of that type. The landscape looks realistic as well,not overly prettified but the plants look natural as well.

The tree's casting shadows on itself is an amazing advancement,some may think its just another shadow thing,well that is true. But one day while I was driving down the road, (I live in an area with lots of forest),I was looking at the trees,and I thought to myself. The lining of OFP's trees are great,but they just don't have that extra touch...but its not OFP's fault,because the extra touch is the tree casting its shadow on another tree,trust me,its a big difference.

I am a bit curious about the part at 01:59,is that a painted backround or is the draw distance that far and you can actually see details THAT far.

Dynamic shadow casting was shown in OFP:E but not to this extent,if you got or drove under a tree the shadow would be blocky,not nearly as detailed as it is in the video. Which is another thing,are those smooth shadows for EVERYTHING?

To be honest,I think this video shows quite alot in terms of achievement,things we haven't been shown before,such as the vegetation and other subtle but not so subtle things. And because of how the landscape got closer as the soldier moved (in the end) I think thats draw distance and the details you can see in them.

The part around 01:40 shows the detail of the vegetation,all in all I would have to say this video is a great insight.

@ July 26 2006,11:24)]
Working tracers were already in OFPE, so they will be in ArmA aswell wink_o.gif

Well there seems to be tracers in OFPE but they are exactly the same as in ofp if you look at the video recoill presented. wink_o.gif

IIRC vehicles had the tracers i was thinking of, but i cant remember and i might be confusing them with WGL5, at least they bounce of things this time confused_o.gif

(This vid was new to me btw)

@ArmA vid:the vegetation was awesome! and i they way that soldier leaned looked really smooth smile_o.gif

WOW! yes....  And did you notice?  The grass now takes on shadows.  Put another mark on the 'polished' list.   yay.gif

This really looks fantastic BIS.  Good on ya.  notworthy.gif

The game is shaping up to be better than I imagined. I may have to buy this TrackIR stuff, it really seems to add to the game. Looks beautiful too. Dont know why the mags (PC Zone) make out that the graphics are not up to date. My only worry is that actions (such as standing at ease) happen too fast. And the AIs movement didnt match the players so he kept stopping and starting. I do understand that was an early build of the game.

Guest Ti0n3r

Yeah. Some work on the animations and weapon realism and this game will blow people away like OFP did 5 years ago yay.gif

My guess is currently there is a system of buttons that decide what stance your in,such as being cautious with your gun up and ready or at ease.

Err, did anyone notice the moving clouds? Pretty sure I haven't seen that before.

Edit: Birds also disappear behind the cloud. So we can assume that cloud will obscure the ground from high flying aircraft.

They look 2D but even if that is the case I can live with it.

k i'm on a slow connection and the vid is just at 10%, but wow i totally love how the soldier's head keeps nodding while moving around. Really gives the feel of a moving body. His neck looks quite good too. The leg movement could use some overhaul though imo.

Amazing, even the own gun draws a shadow on the player's model!

Very interesting video!

MfG Lee wow_o.gif

Err, did anyone notice the moving clouds? Pretty sure I haven't seen that before.

Edit: Birds also disappear behind the cloud. So we can assume that cloud will obscure the ground from high flying aircraft.

They look 2D but even if that is the case I can live with it.

Yeah but I wasn't going to mention anything,thought cloud movement was in OFP.

I think the clouds look alright,I mean its not like clouds look an exact specific way,depends on many conditions,looks better than some clouds I'v seen in many games. Besides,its easily changeable,to an extent.

As for the birds,nope,that one got completely past me.

Lee your late on the gun shadow effect :P

Better late than never! wink_o.gif

I have a good feeling about all those new features shown in pictures and videos.

All the small detail that will make ArmA the (new)best game of all times.

BIS is doing a fantastic job on this game!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Wow, I wasn't aware that they would add leaning in to the Track IR system crazy_o.gif

I bet both "Game 2" and VBS2 will have this feature. They are gone earn alot of cash these folks  smile_o.gif

<s>I thinking of buying one now</s>

EDIT: On second thoughts, after looking at the price tag.

Honestly, i expected ArmA to be OFP 1.5 and nothing more. But this...

Thank you BIS! inlove.gif

Question: do you guys know if there would be "fluid posture" feature, something like analog leaning without TrackIR, just using mouse and keyboard, like in Raven shield?

@Colossus: i'm not sure i will buy ArmA, i'll have to wait and see this game's further development... wink_o.gif

@ Kernriver: You do know he was talking about Track IR, right? I mean Collossus has "I'm buying ArmA" stamped on a metal plate riveted to his forehead, after all. tounge2.gif

Oh s**t, i didn't get what he was trying to say, LOL. I thought Colossus was talking about buying ArmA and was joking about it...well, that was a good joke, atleast for me rofl.gif

Good one rofl.gif

PS: I even have a tattoo on my arm saying "I'm buying ArmA" tounge2.gif

PS: I even have a tattoo on my arm saying "I'm buying ArmA" tounge2.gif

I think i'm gonna tatoo that on my forhead: "I'm buying ArmA!" xmas_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Would be nice if the leaning would work in helicopters or vehicles in genral too. For instance the pilot could lean somewhere to have a better look outside the sidewindow, or the gunner could lean over his gun to check the surrounding... inlove.gif

The Track IR movie is the best move I've seeen so far of Armed Assault. The headmovement just looks so natural.

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm.If someone starts selling t-shirts to promote ArmA I'll buy a dozen smile_o.gif