Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I wouldn't be so sure about that, these are fresh screenshots from today (otherwise they wouldn't be so high on the "new screenshot"-list they have)

I think these are pictures given directly from BIS.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, these are fresh screenshots from today (otherwise they wouldn't be so high on the "new screenshot"-list they have)

I think these are pictures given directly from BIS.

hope your wrong.. cause there are some bugs still crazy_o.gif

Hmm...well we can't really get much info from the demo holders,the things I'm wondering. The FN100 images had anti alaising,why go back? Another thing would be that issue with the soldiers M16A2 in picture 5,the 'gif' appearence,this was seen in the demo,trailer,demo videos and other earlier images,yet on the FN100 there is no sign of this problem.

I can't say for sure if the Mi-17 is the same,in the other image with it the lighting doesn't match up so its hard to tell if the normal map or the rivets are there.

The way the soldier's ACU has a "shiny" effect makes it seem pure white from a long distance. This has...very little camo value. Anyone else noticed this? It makes it not blend in with woodland at all.

It might have something to do with the HDR lightning, which can probably be turned off. I hope so, it makes me blind and hurts my eyes. tounge2.gif

The way the soldier's ACU has a "shiny" effect makes it seem pure white from a long distance. This has...very little camo value. Anyone else noticed this? It makes it not blend in with woodland at all.

It might have something to do with the HDR lightning, which can probably be turned off. I hope so, it makes me blind and hurts my eyes. tounge2.gif

Yeah, but it should also be possible to simply make the texture non-reflective. It would be nice to be able to have HDR as well as realistic looking soldiers. crazy_o.gif

In the right light camo irl will look bright as well,especially real sunny,most military images I'v seen have a overshadowing or cloudy sky or something of that nature,and if the camo is faded that just makes it that much brighter.

omfg!!! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifinlove.gif new screens again! I love ya bis!

Nice car seriously! And intresting screens the rest too.

The game looks release ready for this year judging by the screens imo.. smile_o.gif Keep up the nice work Bis team!

Judging from screens,we don't necessarily know how everything works,just looks,and even then thats some,we haven't seen the rest of the 40 vehicles and I dont think we will until ingame.

Hmm...well we can't really get much info from the demo holders,the things I'm wondering. The FN100 images had anti alaising,why go back? Another thing would be that issue with the soldiers M16A2 in picture 5,the 'gif' appearence,this was seen in the demo,trailer,demo videos and other earlier images,yet on the FN100 there is no sign of this problem.

I can't say for sure if the Mi-17 is the same,in the other image with it the lighting doesn't match up so its hard to tell if the normal map or the rivets are there.

Most development/debugging starts and gets polished by isolating the element you're tweaking and what it interacts with.  So they may have grabbed some images with some elements suppressed..  Hey, it's possible.  wink_o.gif

Edit: Those bullet holes DO look pasted on, don't they? One bannana for just for the idea of it yay.gif

I wish we'd see different vehicles and tanks. So far we've seen what? 10 different vehicles? Where's the newer pictures of:

Mi-24

Southern Sahrani forces plus Royal Guard

Special Forces

Northern Special Forces

Civilians

Pistols and soldiers armed with pistols

A-10

Su-25

Shilka

SMGs (Bison? MP5?)

BTR

We've been seeing the same thing over and over again. Where's the new stuff? Why have we been seeing E3 Press Demo screenshots for the past 2 months?

Also, at E3 they said game has 3 months more of development time...its now been 2 months. Where's the updates or maybe even a demo? When was OFP demo released in correlation with OFP?

No one said there would be a BTR. There was a shilka in one of the videos and also in a screenshot somewhere I believe.

Anyone else see the black muzzle flash?

Muzzle Flash

The forest in those pics looks quite nice though.

No one said there would be a BTR. There was a shilka in one of the videos and also in a screenshot somewhere I believe.

No, there is a BTR. If there is a Stryker, the other side will have a BTR. Plus I remember seeing one in a video, that one where they quickly go through all the vehicles. And yes I have seen a shilka in a video, but I mean real high quality screenshots, not just glances in videos.

No, there is a BTR. If there is a Stryker, the other side will have a BTR. Plus I remember seeing one in a video, that one where they quickly go through all the vehicles. And yes I have seen a shilka in a video, but I mean real high quality screenshots, not just glances in videos.

I hope you're right.

Looks like the black muzzle flash do-hicky is an alpha channel issue. (looks like they have the flash itself nicely done).

Great details seen in the hatches. notworthy.gif

Edit: Those bullet holes DO look pasted on, don't they? One bannana for just for the idea of it  yay.gif

... Needs some Isopon P40 IMO! They look more like rust holes to me! C'mon,the whole car looks like a rust bucket!  tounge2.gif

I wanna see cars with various degrees of rust and patched up bodywork, broken door mirrors and missing panels! If I see a brand new shiny BMW 7 Series I'll shoot the shit out of it!  biggrin_o.gif

ahhhh, amazing shots, can't wait for demo, good work bis!! notworthy.gif

Edit: Those bullet holes DO look pasted on, don't they? One bannana for just for the idea of it yay.gif
...If I see a brand new shiny BMW 7 Series I'll shoot the shit out of it! biggrin_o.gif

lol, i think i would do the same..

i noticed that the same car in different pics had the same effect in the same place.. maybe the car comes already with those marks.. huh.gif lets hope not. confused_o.gif

from this link you can check what i mean

Pic 1 and Pic 2

... you know what i mean.. It was good to dream for a while.. confused_o.gif

No, there is a BTR. If there is a Stryker, the other side will have a BTR. Plus I remember seeing one in a video, that one where they quickly go through all the vehicles.

Are you sure that it wasn't a BRDM-2?

I wish we'd see different vehicles and tanks. So far we've seen what? 10 different vehicles? Where's the newer pictures of:

Mi-24

Southern Sahrani forces plus Royal Guard

Special Forces

Northern Special Forces

Civilians

Pistols and soldiers armed with pistols

A-10

Su-25

Shilka

SMGs (Bison? MP5?)

BTR

We've been seeing the same thing over and over again. Where's the new stuff? Why have we been seeing E3 Press Demo screenshots for the past 2 months?

Also, at E3 they said game has 3 months more of development time...its now been 2 months. Where's the updates or maybe even a demo? When was OFP demo released in correlation with OFP?

I agree, where is the new stuff? Could it be that this AA may flop like OFP2? "Just taking the negative side for once. And just stiring the BIS pot a little." I would like to see some progress too. Whens this going to offically hit the states? Q4, calander year of fiscal year? I bet mid 2007. I know there is no USA publisher signed as of this point. I'm just worried because this is starting to head in the same direction as OFP2.

ARG!!!!!!! just show us the light BIS! I need another hit of some more OFP! Soothes my addiction.

pistols.gif

Didnt those M16's use to look better? The new pics are ok, still looking forward to see new gameplay features though smile_o.gif .

edit: The new Mi-24 was already seen in a older movie, i remember seeing it.

Havent you seen the wiki? It tells us alot about the possibilities in ArmA, and provides new speculation-stuff (which everyone seems to like so much) about the AI smile_o.gif

Id love to see MI24 with more polygons. My only guess is that BIS will release new info by bits until the full release. They already improved quality of models by margin. Arma screens looks a lot more similar to Game2 screens now.

I havn't seen a single m2a3 the entire time from when BI started releasing screenshots up until now. My guess is they forgot to screenshot it (I hope)? The Bradley is a common & effective vehicle and will be in use by the US army for a while...so i don't know why they wouldn't make one