Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I love it, finally they started using AA and AF, which made the pics 100 times better tounge2.gif

I also love the building on the right side in this pic biggrin_o.gif

This is the first screen that shows the commander MG in action I think. (kick me if im wrong)

Gamestar Pic

I love it, finally they started using AA and AF, which made the pics 100 times better tounge2.gif

Is the same effect achievable in game?

Daniel @ June 22 2006,20:38)]

Is the same effect achievable in game?

Its already possible to force it on in OFP, just look around in your driver settings wink_o.gif

Its just that BIS never used it before, and some people werent sure if it was possible to use AA because of the HDR lightning smile_o.gif

This is the first screen that shows the commander MG in action I think. (kick me if im wrong)

Gamestar Pic

Your right and wrong,it was a video where they were probably testing it,but the flash was buggest so we can't say for certain if it works or not,but chances are that if its on the tank that it will work when the games released. I love the building too,looks enterable as well wink_o.gif

And once more,those are some of the best looking soldier models and textures I'v seen yet. It also looks like they fixed the hand and fingers on the gun,or atleast that one,bet that took em awhile.

I could be wrong but I believe I also see reflections on the structures windows,I'm fairly certani there are,there definatly is on helicopters. And it looks like shadows cast on glass too.

Wow this new stuff looks amazing. Hats off to BIS. biggrin_o.gif

The trees are sooo freaking cool! They look like.... uhhh, trees! Also, the shadows and relfections, damn!

BIS went above and beyond what I expected for the graphics. Good Job!  notworthy.gif

Ah yes, i forgot to compliment BIS on their BEAUTIFUL vegetation, seems like Linda is doing her job tounge2.gif

Apparently because they haven't made or are working on the pilots and tank crews :P

the specular highlight on the hangar roof- yummi

indeed. There seems to be a similar effect on the humvee's wheels in the same pic (or is it a texture bug?) Not nitpicking here, but if it is reflections, they don't seem to be obstructed by the vehicle's body. Anyway, this will make for some wonderful possibilities in modding awesome surfaces! (like bumpy, bent, glossy plastic or glass, next to flat or corroded and pale metal, bullet holes in wrecks, yeah)

perhaps its the sunlight fallin through the ventilation slot of the humvee- there should be enough potential for all the great mod makers out there and i dont want to know how arma looks like if there are made some changes yay.gif

the new screens for me are the best thing happend to my eyes today smile_o.gif

Do you think that this picture (look at the tank):

gamestar4jv.th.jpg

shows multiple gun directions (gunner positions) to us.

S.D.

looks like the M2 turns together with that little Commander's turret, and the flash is a bug most likely, as in all screens where turret MG's are shown, there is the flash to it. So the MG will probably work as you, Commander, are turned out. Unlike in OFP, you'll probably be able to move the turret in that status. Wonder if the MG will also work when turned in, "remote controlling" the gun, using those mirrors as a sight (think i read something along these lines in a "real life" article).

Yeah but will there be the possibility to shoot this MG as commander while the gunner is firing a sabot?

Yeah but will there be the possibility to shoot this MG as commander while the gunner is firing a sabot?

I would ask one question as suggestion, like it would be nice feature to lock the commanders M2 (M1A1) or NSV (T72) wiht hitting one key, let's say 'q' and that way you could be able to move mg's as much as you can move your hands left, up, right and down. While in this lock mode you can't move around axis 360 deg. until you press 'q' key again or better some sort of soft mode, like not pressing the key but holding the key and unreleasing it...so it's much faster switching mode.

oh i would like that!

maybe they'll give us at least the possibility to create stuff like this, by changes in O2 in which you can have more than two [turrets or whatever comes to your mind] stuck together. In your example, there would be the tank's main turret, the smaller commander turret, plus the gun mount, which would be another turret with limited range of movement, and you'll switch between those, right?

makes for some nice battle robots! probably...

Only problems with robots like mechs would be leg movements,I don't think they will solve that.

They did fix that. BIS said multiple parts of models can have animations or something.

The windows in these pics look great and reflections of trees can be seen in the first....  

real_glass.jpg

real_glass2.jpg

... Question is can the glass be smashed/shot out (a bit like in GR)? .. Oh, and a nice glass breaking and shattering sound to accompany it!  inlove.gif

The windows in these pics look great and reflections of trees can be seen in the first....

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/real_glass.jpg

I'd be more inclined to say that those "reflections" are the trees BEHIND the building, which you can see through the windows.