Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

OFPForum: My point is that you don't have to push another button to regain your aming ability, you simply let go.

And where's that T72s NSV? Or even its NSV mount?

All images appeared before the 'latest' video showing the M1A1 with the bugged commander machine gun,render being the oldest before normal maps existed on vehicles in AA,don't worry,I doubt they would give an M1A1 a machine gun on the turret for the commander and then leave the T-72 without one,remember the thing about BIS,they don't show everything and they don't tend to show the newest wink_o.gif

hummm.. i wonder why BIS has a 3D scanner for.. maybe it's just for show and sits on their dinner table as a center piece. icon_rolleyes.gif

or could it be they use it for scanning objects??? only BIS knows for sure.

We use it for scanning things yay.gif

hummm.. i wonder why BIS has a 3D scanner for.. maybe it's just for show and sits on their dinner table as a center piece. icon_rolleyes.gif

things?!

you mean:

rabbit?, chairs?, birds? bananas?

How big objects can that scanner scann? Cars?, people?, planes?, choppers?

interesting though smile_o.gif

things?!

you mean:

rabbit?, chairs?, birds? bananas?

How big objects can that scanner scann? Cars?, people?, planes?, choppers?

interesting though smile_o.gif

No cars, no chopper even no tank! BIS needs the 3D scanner to scan the original 'YAY-BANANA' to implement it into Armed Assault^^

foto.jpg

yaythumb.jpg

sry for OT^^

telejunky

Got to much time on your hands telejunky makin a dancing banana tounge2.gif

oops i think you just found the special thing smile_o.gif

wasnt gonna say anything but smile_o.gif now the cats out the bag.

Also planned is a Wiki with Informaion by BIS and the community (planned Launch: within 100th FlashNews).

Are you sure thats the surprise?

EDIT: Oh nvm I guess it is.

Quote[/b] ]General

Armed Assault tries to reach the mainstream more than OFP did, but it will also satisfy hardcore OFP Fans.

Change of characters is confirmed now: you can play all soldiers who are set "playable" in SP now, too. If you only set one soldier "playable", you can't change characters.

Multiple Gunner Positions are confirmed, too: any amount of turrets is possible.

3D optics are implemented.

PBOs are signed from now on to prevent from serverside cheating in MP.

Documentations about the engine are planned to be released before the game itself.

Also planned is a Wiki with Informaion by BIS and the community (planned Launch: within 100th FlashNews).

A BI-developed vegetation generator, called Linda, is producing varied and realistic vegetation without any handcraft.

We saw trees shaking with the wind.

Collision is pretty much overworked.

AI is able to drive on one side of the roads.

Normal Mapping, HDRR (High Dynamic Range Rendering), Detail Mapping, 2nd-UV-Set.

The weapon system has been split, Magazines are now in an own class in the config.

Mission Editing

No elementary changes on the editor.

Missions are now packed in addon PBOs.

Mission wizard from OFP:Elite.

Scripts are compiled during the first execution and stay in the memory.

SQFs have been improved and enhanced.

Differentiation between strings ("string" ) and code ({code}).

Many new scripting commands, for example "switch".

Library of all vehicles and weapons with all necessary information (3D preview).

Multiplayer

No player limit, the only limit is the server's bandwidth.

Linux- and Windows-server supported (Linux maybe a bit delayed).

Voice over IP: No external programme like TS required, it's working OFP internal how the Chat (also on Sockets).

Join in Progress (you can disable it via server lock)

Addon Making

Conversion of addons should be easy, but the objecty have to be adapt.

Model config is attached to each addon.

Names of selections can be user defined.

You can attach several animations to one selection (e.g. gear animations).

Animations are directly made with the model and can be viewed in Bulldozer.

New animation: "Translation".

Tools as O2 or Visitor are going to be released before ArmA.

Models have a skeleton as basis (in the model config).

Materials can be configured (wood, steel, etc).

"Certified Content Developers" will probably supported by BI in a special way and will get more information plus answers to their questions; also they get the signatures for their PBOs.

Improved support of import from 3DS Max and Maya.

Probably you can use different camos on one modell.

Theoretical infinite size of islands possible (thanks to streaming, which was developed for OFP:E).

Cellgrid was already tested with 5m-tiles.

BIS-internal tools

To create a more realistic flora, BI is using an only for that developed tool called "Linda". But it is not probable that this generator is going to be released publicly.

Satellite data can be loaded into the game with information on colors and elevation.

Tools are using the same scriptengine as the gameengine does

And... the most important thing: the release is scheduled for the 3rd quarter 2006, if the publisher doesn't change it.

I edited my post the same time you were posting sorry.

wasnt gonna say anything but smile_o.gif now the cats out the bag.

Shall I give them the login / password too now we're at it? mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Shall I give them the login / password too now we're at it? mad_o.gif

sure if you have it, let us know.

Quote[/b] ]Shall I give them the login / password too now we're at it?  mad_o.gif

sure if you have it, let us know.

Ok, grab a pen and paper as the password is......drum roll

rofl.gif

This thread is for discussing the latest screenshots, no more, no less. Continued off topic discussions will be dealt with by post restrictions.

dont blag our heads with cryptic answers like in your flash news dont you think its about time we have some answers?

and there is no new screen shots too discuss

crazy_o.gifgoodnight.gif

dont blag our heads with cryptic answers like in your flash news dont you think its about time we have some answers?

Contrary to what you may think you have no divine right to anything, information, answers, anything, a belligerent tone will only get you banned, that's it.

and there is no new screen shots too discuss

Then don't discuss anything in this thread, it's quite obvious that if there's nothing to discuss in a thread pertaining to its topic then nobody should post in that thread until there is, posting for the sake of posting is spam and contravenes forum rules.

That old picture of the T72s and the BMP-2 was really excellent. Anybody want to take a guess as to what the next screenshots will show off? It might be another glimpse of the new building interiors.

By the way, can someone explain placebo's new avatar? That red cross in the background looks like the flag of England. But what emblem is that?

By the way, can someone explain placebo's new avatar?  That red cross in the background looks like the flag of England.  But what emblem is that?

It's the England football team! I guess he's got world cup fever! (nice choice though Placebo wink_o.gif ).

Back on topic...  No new screenshots available as yet!  biggrin_o.gif

********* ooooow that... help.gif whats the login pw?.. or pm me it crazy_o.gif

This thread is for discussing the latest screenshots, no more, no less. Continued off topic discussions will be dealt with by post restrictions.

RavenDK 48hr PR.