Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Art thread

I love the systematic consistency of the background, very minimalistic! Do you only work in B/W? tounge2.gif

The piano has only B/W keys so..

Are anyone else here into the noblest of the arts, music?

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I wasnt allowed to post the bottom row in one post smile_o.gif

great stuff! really professional. Im sure you could make some good money out of that, like drawings for thoughs millitary books listing air craft and such.

Supah those rock, i see pictures like those all over the Sgts Mess when i used to go with my dad.

Only criticism is the Nozzels and the lower tail area are far too clean for a Phantom.

Wild Weasel Variant??

[ig]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/4.jpg[/img][im]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/5.jpg[/img][ig]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/6.jpg[/img]

Sorry for the double post but I wasnt allowed to post the bottom row in one post smile_o.gif

Supah, I am absolutely blown clean away. That's the best artwork I've ever seen. I also like an awful lot of the more obscure stuff posted in this thread, like pictures of undefined creatures and such like.

Supah, I have a question (well two actually) if you'd be so kind as to answer it/them.

1) Where could I learn to produce such astoundingly high quality textures? Is there a good textbook available somehwere I could get?

2) Which program(s) would I need to produce such high quality graphics? I have Photoshop 6 is this good enough or is it too old hat now?

I'll drop you a quick pm so you don't miss this post. Thanks for sharing your work with us thumbs-up.gif

i was going to make a backup of my old files and i found some of my old "masterpieces". i dont now, if it is legal to post it. because the photos on which the drawings are base were not taken by me.

cam017yz.th.jpgcam027rm.th.jpgcam039cz.th.jpg

cam043ib.th.jpgcam053hw.th.jpggill012ul.th.jpg

and some more:

s017gg.th.jpgs027le.th.jpgs033nh.th.jpg

and a special 3 pics that some of my friends find dark and depressive. but still - they are the drawings i most proud of

s046om.th.jpgs054bp.th.jpgs066vv.th.jpg

Awesome pics verbal! I think I actually like the dark/depressing ones the most smile_o.gif

verbal, nice work, but the final images should be smaller, they would look MUCH nicer at half that size or smaller, like 500px wide.

supah! wow! i would go crazy trying to make that much detail. Especially that nozzle, I really really like how you made it look "heat-stained" with the blue rings. Nice touch.

[ig]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/4.jpg[/img][ig]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/5.jpg[/img][ig]http://supah.chaotic.nl/ssp/jg72farewell/6.jpg[/img]

Supah, I am absolutely blown clean away. That's the best artwork I've ever seen. I also like an awful lot of the more obscure stuff posted in this thread, like pictures of undefined creatures and such like.

Supah, I have a question (well two actually) if you'd be so kind as to answer it/them.

1) Where could I learn to produce such astoundingly high quality textures? Is there a good textbook available somehwere I could get?

2) Which program(s) would I need to produce such high quality graphics? I have Photoshop 6 is this good enough or is it too old hat now?

I'll drop you a quick pm so you don't miss this post. Thanks for sharing your work with us  thumbs-up.gif

Hey Chris, read the PM. There isnt one clear cut tutorial on how to make this. It took me three years to learn to do this to this level. I did aircraft texturing for FS98, FS200, OFP:RES, IL2FB/PF and FS9 so perhaps I am a bit of a veteran in this. I've been working at developing my drawing style in profiles for over 2 years now and this is where I am now. I use Photoshop CS2 for this kind of work. I think the most used "tool" is loads and loads of patience and time to do research. Beyond that it's all just a matter of applying yourself to it smile_o.gif

FS98!! You've been around a long time  biggrin_o.gif  Odd question time: Does Squawkbox 3 support FS98? I know it still supports 2002 and maybe 2000.

I didn't get your pm, but it would appear the best way to do it just to practice consistently over a long period of time.

I haven't flown on VATSIM for a good while now, but I used to be (and still keep in contact with occasionally) CyberAir. I started a project to build a 737-300 which I decided to scrap and start over with which I did recently by building myself a really good set of drawings using CAD which I then managed to port into G-Max and built myself a really good little studio. The next build should go really well indeed, but I'm too into Flashpoint to pick that up again for a while  smile_o.gif

I used to do runs from Heathrow to Arlanda in Sweden, Switzerland (cant' remember the name of the place or the Airport) and Lisbon (again can't remember the Airport name but it has signature LPPT). Also did quite a few domestic flights and the odd hop over to their new Hub in Schipol. Bought some really good charts to cover Dutch airspace, but managed to get all the other stuff I needed from free AIS sites for Europes. Quite amazing the quality of charts the respective European country's Air Traffic Control bodies are prepared to provide for free. The French in particular was very impressive.

The only issue was when the nav aid computer that came with flightsim began to get out of date I had to get a copy of a third party made complete flight management computer which revloutionised the ease with which I could fly. Up to then I did everything with printed charts and relied entirely on the VOR and ADF navigational displays in the aircraft's display, which meant things got very hectic indeed when landing and flying STAR's and SID's biggrin_o.gif

Then the third party flight computer project was dropped by the author so now that got out of date *sigh*. FSNAV4 I think it was called, a really nice program. Shame it was dropped. That's really why I never flew again, just coudn't go back to the way it used to be done, especially as the new airways and beacons wouldn't even show up on the nav aid that comes with the simulator as they were never programmed in.

Thanks for getting back to me wink_o.gif

Supah you are a real talent mate :0) I really hope something comes of this for you...

If you take requests, how about a picture of how the NH-90 is going to look in NZDF colours? hehe

FS98!! You've been around a long time  biggrin_o.gif  Odd question time: Does Squawkbox 3 support FS98? I know it still supports 2002 and maybe 2000.

I didn't get your pm, but it would appear the best way to do it just to practice consistently over a long period of time.

I haven't flown on VATSIM for a good while now, but I used to be (and still keep in contact with occasionally) CyberAir. I started a project to build a 737-300 which I decided to scrap and start over with which I did recently by building myself a really good set of drawings using CAD which I then managed to port into G-Max and built myself a really good little studio. The next build should go really well indeed, but I'm too into Flashpoint to pick that up again for a while  smile_o.gif

I used to do runs from Heathrow to Arlanda in Sweden, Switzerland (cant' remember the name of the place or the Airport) and Lisbon (again can't remember the Airport name but it has signature LPPT). Also did quite a few domestic flights and the odd hop over to their new Hub in Schipol. Bought some really good charts to cover Dutch airspace, but managed to get all the other stuff I needed from free AIS sites for Europes. Quite amazing the quality of charts the respective European country's Air Traffic Control bodies are prepared to provide for free. The French in particular was very impressive.

The only issue was when the nav aid computer that came with flightsim began to get out of date I had to get a copy of a third party made complete flight management computer which revloutionised the ease with which I could fly. Up to then I did everything with printed charts and relied entirely on the VOR and ADF navigational displays in the aircraft's display, which meant things got very hectic indeed when landing and flying STAR's and SID's biggrin_o.gif

Then the third party flight computer project was dropped by the author so now that got out of date *sigh*. FSNAV4 I think it was called, a really nice program. Shame it was dropped. That's really why I never flew again, just coudn't go back to the way it used to be done, especially as the new airways and beacons wouldn't even show up on the nav aid that comes with the simulator as they were never programmed in.

Thanks for getting back to me wink_o.gif

I have no idea wether its supported yes or no smile_o.gif I only textured for it a bit. Never was into online gaming untill a few years back. I test addons for a flightsim site which is fun smile_o.gif I like flying the heavy iron but sometimes the long flights get a bit boring smile_o.gif Killagee: Perhaps I will but propellors and rotors are not my strong point so I try to avoid them as much as possible wink_o.gif

Edit: YAY! Done!

3711final.jpg

Now to do more paintscheme's!

thanks Tovarish. im glad you liked them.

2 earl, thanks for suggestion. im not used to present pictures digitaly. lower resolution seems more cute.

i was kissed by a muse today. so ive finished my 3rd "only photoshop" art and here it is.

lying5uf.th.jpg

but my shading sucks sad_o.gif anybody has any tip or trick? or maybe a good tutorial? im used to pencil and paper. and now ive found myself struggling with tablet. help.gif

anyway - because i wanted to try the lower resolution thing, ive "scanned" some more pics. but im cursed and scanners are allways malfunctioning when im near. so i was forced to use my camera. it seemed grayish, so ive tried autolevels. and the results were imho interesting. it added atmosphere.

sken0193ne.th.jpgsken0146tk.th.jpgsken0119mg.th.jpg

if you ever want to see some a good animated fairytale with good storyline, i recomend Krabat. its very old (=older than me tounge2.gif ) czech movie im going to watch tonight. more on imdb Carodejuv ucen AKA Krabat.

and heres a wallpaper ive made from still captures:

if youre interested click here thumbnail doesnt seem to be cooperating. ill try to fix it latter. otherwise ill be late and my friend will kill me. never let woman wait crazy_o.gif

edit: hm, whenever i paste the img tag into url the image doesnt show. so heres the thumbnail krabatwallpaper013lq.th.jpg

Art threads always bring me out of lurk mode. Been cruising these forums after picking up OPF recently (couldnt way for Arma). So hey all.

pyramideyes.gif

I do these surreal doodle things. I can never draw just one image I have to fill the page. I try to draw out images from the negative space, sort of like looking out clouds to see images.

If you really like drawing or art in general, try to visit this forum dedicaced to this.

http://drawingboard.org/index.php

On this website-forum, a lot of talented illustrators, artists are regularly posting their sketches/art/concepts/photo/etc...

That's a really nice forum that i browse often, as i appreciate illustrations and drawings and there are some superb works there.