Sign in to follow this  
matt54

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

I couldn't play it.

On my AMD4000, 7800GT it's too slow even at 1074x768

Same problem here... It's like SHOOT *wait* *wait* *wait* *Shoot* *move* *wait*...

You might want to try disabling the bloom effect (SM). Not only will you get alot higher fps but everything will look alot more natural and not yellow/orange/brown. The downside is that the NVgoggles use this pixel shader so they won't work at all anymore.

Go to \GRAW Demo\Data\settings\renderer_settings.xml and set "post_effect_quality" value="false".

If you want high texture quality just change all texture qualities that reads "medium" to "high". Not all objects have the high detail textures in the demo but most of them do. Check them out and you will see a big difference in image quality without any sacrifice in speed (that is if you got a 256MB card or more). This setting is meant for 512MB cards only, but it works like a charm on my GF6800GT 256MB card.

Now if I could figure out a way to disable the friendly diamond-markers and waypoint-markers I'd be very happy. Those markers are immersion-killers IMO.

Runs perfectly on 1024×768 on a

Amd Athlon 64 3200+ (@2,7ghz)

1 Gb RAM

X700 (@445/626mhz)

(medium textures, high post effects, low dynamic shadows, high effects)

Im suprised, i expected it to run alot crappier smile_o.gif

EDIT: Anyone knows if it is possible to get rid of that crosshair?

EDIT: Those high res textures have alot of black parts on my PC crazy_o.gif

Just a question, does the game still contain the Sucky XM8?  Or is the SCAR now the Advance Warpig's weapon of choice?

The XM8 is in the selection for primary plus as a compact-version as a secondary. SCAR-H and SCAR-L is in there as primaries too. I never remember which is which but the 7.62 variant with a foregrip and scope is a nice combo. Dont understand why they put in grenadelaunchers in this game.

I can toss grenades farther than those launchers.

Ahh thanks for this. I always found the XM8 in GRAWF to be a bit of an anchronism, same as the OICW in the last Rainbow game. But yeah it's a game. Will have to look out for this once my computer's been upgraded.

I was just experimenting and realised you can blow up the insertion chopper with a UGL grenade! nothing changes I don't think regarding mission completeability but the wreck stays there forever afaik.

grawheli8hr.th.jpg

I have only one word about this game "Send it to Recycle Bin"

Team AI i think is much stupider then OFP, and Xbox 360 version of this game? Also it seems like alot of features are removed that were seen in Xbox 360 version.

The teammate AI in this game is some of the dumbest I've seen. But I look forward to the coop aspect.

I tried the Xbox 360 demo. That game is not the Ghost Recon I know. The PC-version comes alot closer. The console version is just an over_the_shoulder_shooter with alot of annoying markers. That version is a very dumbed down game without any tactical feel to it. ...and alot of empty streets (not many objects and very short viewdistance).

The teammate AI in this game is some of the dumbest I've seen. But I look forward to the coop aspect.

I tried the Xbox 360 demo. That game is not the Ghost Recon I know. The PC-version comes alot closer. The console version is just an over_the_shoulder_shooter with alot of annoying markers. That version is a very dumbed down game without any tactical feel to it. ...and alot of empty streets (not many objects and very short viewdistance).

Fully agreed, they always face the wrong directions when covering, even if you give them direction to cover, they take the dumbest routes to get somewhere.

I usually just use them as distraction for the enemy.

Runs perfectly on

*pc specs here*

Im suprised, i expected it to run alot crappier smile_o.gif

Same here yay.gif

Everything set to high, except Texture Quality which is somehow limited to medium, still searching for a bypass.

edit: Found, thx shadow wink_o.gif

I couldn't play it.

On my AMD4000, 7800GT it's too slow even at 1074x768

Same problem here... It's like SHOOT *wait* *wait* *wait* *Shoot* *move* *wait*...

Could it be that both of you have recently bought a PCI/AGP hybrid, using it on a rather outdated system?

Had similar problems with my hybrid until i realized that the mobo (nforce2 in this case) needed a driver update in order to get the "PCI to AGP Host Bridge" feature working.

So my tip would be to check your graphic adapter settings for an AGP section. If it isn´t there you either don´t have a nvidia card or it could be the same problem as described above.

Another video (~105MB) of me and my friend playing GRAW Coop over Hamachi if anyone is interested. He was filming. Not much teamwork in this vid since I was going around the block to engage the machinegun from the other angle.

Got the demo , and it doesnt works well on my machine even after updating my drivers (before that it was a slideshow).

My specs:

P4 2.4 Ghz

768 MB RAM

6600GT 128 MB

All new games play fine on medium to high settings but this game refuses to play well at all on medium and high is just nonsense i tried high and got a more major slideshow with NO improvement in the games look or textures ... wtf?

I also found the recoil values wierd , they were better in Gr1 atleast. Plus i find the movement very blocky and my AI team stupid. Also why is whole of mexico empty? Are they all dead or what. This isnt ethopia or the rural areas of GR1 , i think a bit of civilians inserted here and there or something would have added to the immersion as they so SHOW OFF on the mainmenu screen of the game , which btw looks nothing like what the game looks on the inside in real ... whats the deal there is that a pre rendered video or something??

I really liked the old GR1 series and had high hopes from this one but the demo has brought me down , arma is the only hope for a good mil-tact shooter now.

Got the demo , and it doesnt works well on my machine even after updating my drivers (before that it was a slideshow).

My specs:

P4 2.4 Ghz

768 MB RAM

6600GT 128 MB

All new games play fine on medium to high settings but this game refuses to play well at all on medium and high is just nonsense i tried high and got a more major slideshow with NO improvement in the games look or textures ... wtf?

My specs are: 2400 mhz p4, 512 of RDRAM (don't get fooled by the 512 cause this RAM runs on 800mhz/1033mhz as opposed to the 200 of normal RAM), 6600LE 128 MB. So my specs except the RAM are worse or the same as yours.

Runs fine, is a bit ugly but, meh. What you want to set it to high? Seriously man think for a second set everything to low...

Quote[/b] ]I also found the recoil values wierd , they were better in Gr1 atleast. Plus i find the movement very blocky and my AI team stupid. Also why is whole of mexico empty? Are they all dead or what. This isnt ethopia or the rural areas of GR1 , i think a bit of civilians inserted here and there or something would have added to the immersion as they so SHOW OFF on the mainmenu screen of the game , which btw looks nothing like what the game looks on the inside in real ... whats the deal there is that a pre rendered video or something??

Yes, it's pre-rendered. How many civilians would you like to see in a conflict zone?

And as long as it runs all choppy you really won't get "good" recoil values and non-clunky behavior, set things to lowest possible.

Btw, i dislike the game so far, it's kinda ego-shooterish. "the captains down, so we let the president die! run for the hills!!!"

I tried playing it on low and it looked ugly , a few other older games looked better then it.

Also i am getting random freeze-ups now for no reason crazy_o.gif .

I think i'll pass this game up its requirements are just over the top and i am not upgrading the PC for it as i am waiting for dx10 and vista.

And the reason why i want civilians in is that it helps curb the shoot anything that moves mentality that generates when we play such games , i'd rather have some added gameplay value by it. the city looks like a ghost town right now , it was well suited in GR1 as the locales shown could be empty , but the worlds largest populated city in the FUTURE when it would be even more populated look so EMPTY?? Not very realistic is it? icon_rolleyes.gif

After playing alot of it I really love this game. The AI is retarded but the atmosphere and locations are amazing. Especially the rural areas and the construction site.

I hate Havocs in Longbow 2, I hate them even more in this game because of the extremely large area the rocket explosions cover banghead.gif

I'm glad there are'nt any civilians in the game. I allmost whacked the president biggrin_o.gif

I have to agree with Shadow on this one, it's really intense sending your stupidass AI to check out a bunker. Then a few seconds later hearing all hell break loose and bullets landing everywhere around you.

Lots of stuff could improve - But the game is more than good as it is now.

Runs great on my system. Get ~25-30FPS on mostly medium settings @ 1024x768.

Athlon64 3500+

1gb PC3200 Ram

Radeon 9800pro 128mb gfx

So my PC is a little dated and it is still running this game smooth smile_o.gif.

Well, the AI isnt completely retarted IMO, but they think too slow, it takes 10 seconds for them to realise that i moved, then they stumble around a bit, and when they finally decided where to go they do find a good (tactical) postion. But they do like bullets, i noticed... rofl.gif

Still tweaking with the demo and made a primitave panorama of the helicopter intro sequence, there's a few glitches in it but the overall piece is complete smile_o.gif

graw8dc.th.jpg

So what settings are you guys getting recommended from the game? Mine is at max details. I have a BFG 7900 GTX-OC, 3.2 GHZ P4, and 1024 DDR ram.

I'm running the game at medium texture quality, effects on high, post-effects on medium and the resolution at 1024x768. Runs extremly well on and AMD 64 3400+ with one gig of RAM and a 9700pro.

I'm running the game at medium texture quality, effects on high, post-effects on medium and the resolution at 1024x768. Runs extremly well on and AMD 64 3400+ with one gig of RAM and a 9700pro.

Whats the speed on that AMD? In Ghz plz i am an intel person and havent bother keeping up with the AMD codes for processor speeds. Also is that like a dual core processor?

I got a better GPU then you and it sucks at medium for me , controls act all lethargic and its very frustrating to play but you seem to run it very well?

Maybe the games more CPU and RAM intensive like ofp eh? huh.gif

Whats the speed on that AMD? In Ghz plz i am an intel person and havent bother keeping up with the AMD codes for processor speeds. Also is that like a dual core processor?

Dual core AMDs have X2 in their name and there is really no point in mentioning the real clock frequency since those are really not comparable with intel ones.. wink_o.gif

Very nice screenshot, ED.

Some people (including myself) have noticed a big fps increase by updating to the latest Ageia drivers even though none of us have that card. Some have also reported fps-increase by removing the drivers only.

Tried this game on the Xbox 360 and its pants. It could have been brilliant, but it wasnt. Maybe the total rework of the PC version will be better. confused_o.gif