Sign in to follow this  
cl10k

GAZ 3937 Vodnik

Hey Kyle thanks for your help! But dont worry about modeling - i know how to model - i just dont have a clue about engine-limitations of opf...

So you said it is possible to detect how a car was destroyed.

The problem is, the vodnik is armored agains 7.62mm nato standard ammo - so only mines, rpg, tankguns  or maybe big calibers like the barret or 20mm guns would be a threat. How is flashpoint administrating those different ammos? If you say its possible to differ between them (as being responsible for the cars destruction) i will model 3 different destroyed vodniks (mines, big rifles like barret and rpg's)...

Hello again,

i have some questions about russian camo. I checked the internet but i was unable to find a good source about it. You find lots about russian uniforms but only rare information about camo used on cars, tanks, etc...

I found something on: panzerbaer.de but i am still unsure.

So does anyone know what the regular russian pendants to summer, winter and desert camo definetly look like?

these are the only tiny images i found, which are similar to the camo seen on the vodnik photos shown on the previous page:

sdsd5oh.th.png qwee4br.th.png

neu6oc.th.jpg texture6dm.th.jpg

about the vodnik: i finished modelling and reached 4305 tris for the first lod. I am concentrating on textures now because i am tired of modelling and need some change...  wink_o.gif

here's my first shot at it. everything is still very beta. i am planning to make two textures, one with 1024^2 or 2048^2 and one with 512^2...

vodnik

found in some TT forums from brazil. i hope this can help you, and from the pictures there's no winter cammo.

from the last screenie the model is really good looking, so my congrats for that.

are you planning to make those diferent versions(regular/ambulance/rearm/refuel) of the vodnik? it would be awsome to have some serious russian version to fight the great CBT hummves.

keep us posted!

cl10K,

Your work looks really good. Can I ask you a question. I just got myself the latest photoshop and I want to learn how to "paint" the models. Could you recommend a good source of information where I can learn how to do that? A tutorial on the web would be the best source, I think. I am sure there are several, but which one is the best for the begginer. Some of those screens look very promising. I sure hope to see your model soon, that would be a great addon for this game.

as this is my first opf-modell i will concentrate on finishing it first... but if i still have the patience i will start on this chassis too:

1012169ex.th.jpg

after having both chassis it becomes easy making different versions of the vodnik cause 2/3 of all modells base on those two chassis - just the container in the back is changed

there is just one more model (if at all i'll do this one last):

mag444us.th.jpg ...

but first i need some information on russian camo - it seems that they have many different patterns - i still wonder which patterns are used by the regular red army for summer, winter and desert..  does anyone have some reliable information crazy_o.gif

If I had to guess. I'd say the first picture above looks like summer camo. I've seen a similar pattern on a BRDM-2 that was in use during the summer.

This looks like one great piece of equipment!

Personally I like this colour scheme..

101239ir.th.jpg

..as I believe it would give you the maximum flexability in OFP to use in varied conditions.

Similar examples of the camo's you've posted are shown on the T-80/T90's in this thread and the 'Vodnik' would compliment (or the other way around) them nicely!

All I have to say is: Hellz, yes. Great job optimising this, and it's looking really sharp. That alternative model you've posted looks hot. You should totally model one of those if you have the time. smile_o.gif

@everyone: thank you !!!!  wink_o.gif it's very nice to get such a feedback!!! it keeps me motivated!!!

@StealthTiger: those tanks look perfect - i will try to make my camo as similar as i can do it. it always annoyed me that many russian models look so differently textured - so good idea!!!

@ lotekk: good to see you back i was already missing your comments on my polycount  whistle.gif

one last question: is there any tutorial how marfy for example or the great csla did those mudd-textures? i tried it today and mine looked like sh*t.

Yeah thats what I used as a blueprint for one, drawback its still protottype information is sketchy at best, that and about as many varients of it as there are of the hummer

thank you hellfish!!!! i collected more than 200 pics of the vodnik but i didnt know those. thumbs-up.gif

@bobcatt: hope you dont mind that i model the vodnik. i had already started modeling when i realized that you were making this baby already...

Wow, outstanding work! I can't wait to hunt some Chechens in this thing. thumbs-up.gif

Seconding what others have said, I'd love to see armed versions if you've got the time and willingness to make them.

honestly I don't care, seeing I had to do everything from scratch on the other and its still looks like crap, most of the people are going to turn their noses up at it anyway. You just better finish this addon or else.. mad_o.gif

Bobcatt666, I've said it before and I'll say it again... the more Vodniks the better!!! welcome.gifyay.gif

The zillion Humvee army must be countered somehow, right? biggrin_o.gif

naw in fact you should have the old thread locked, not going to waste any more time on duplicate addons.. Tons of other unreleased unmade things I rather waste time on..

just for those who are interested:

the vodnik is still alive  wink_o.gif

a-level exams are in some weeks therefore i cant work on anything till i finished those

but there will be lots of time afterwards...

i dont want to leave without posting a single pic...

i have been playing with photoshops emboss to get some detail on an extra layer, still very wip but let me know what you think... (are those highlights too exaggerated?)

kind regards...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161....MG]

4 weeks untill my final exams... afterwards i will definetly continue wink_o.gif

so dont worry...

4 weeks untill my final exams... afterwards i will definetly continue wink_o.gif

so dont worry...

Model great

Textures..i think will be great, cant judge really until ingame.

But it seems you hate making the ofp parts, like config, making the wheels turn and so on.

Just wanted to say i offer my help on that. Config, selections in o2..

about the lamp, you can have it but what i know you cant make it rotate.. without alot of stupid scripting.

sounds good granQ !!! one and a half week left until i am free !!!!

but before freedom, there are 300min of math tomorow so please hold your thumbs for me wink_o.gif