Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod 1.0 released

Can we work on a way so the horses perhaps dont get stuck to each other so much? limiting their ability to engage ol' troopers?

@ Tankieboy : i'd like to add some pistols, i've seen one "old style" made by Lt Hunter i think...maybe for House Divided wink_o.gif ...maybe could i use it ? (i'm too bad at modelling and texturing weapons...)

@ Gavin : the ability of the horse to engage is due : (1) to an invisible and fake mounted gun so that they naturally attack targets (2) to a modified version of the UKF bayonet script to "finish the attack", with a "setvelocity" to increase their speed when close to target (because with a "domove" command, vehicle stops at ~5 meters from destination point... crazy_o.gif , and a "setpos" command would look strange, wouldn't it ?). But i'm ready to improve this attack, even if i already tried a lot of ways of doing it.

About the horses, have you tried to configure them as tank instead of car ? It could solve a lot the horrible behaviour of AIs trying to turn back to attack.

With Tanks, AIs won't really make 180° turn while running at 60 km/h, and at pace or halted, they could turn turn on place as real horses.

Yes, i remember that i first tried to configure it as a tank, but i first worked on it for CWmod and the driver must be able to shoot and be visible out of the model (on the horse and not IN the horse...). And if i remember correctly, it's not possible for a tank class vehicle (the driver is out and cannot shoot, or the driver is inside and can shoot  pistols.gif ). So i chose car class vehicle. It possible to modify "turncoeff" to make it impossible for the horse to "turn on place " while running (by lowering that coeff), that's what i did first, but then pathfinding for horses is much more complicated...getting stuck against trees, going "forward and backward" all the time to turn etc...

The turncoeff of the horse is the same as OFP's tank (=6).

Hmmmm alright, well the situation we can try to improve on Prof T, is that horse cavalry are much more effective i think, because at present the horses tend to get stuck next to each other, or 1 dies in front their path and the others sit about stuck behind it.

Its important for fire geos to reflect hits, but not for the collission to be too strict on these units, if by loosening them we could let them pass through each other more carefully.

This will be something we want to examine in our own horse,

map05.jpg

We intend to share this horse with your mod to help out once its animated etc, but we can co-work perhaps when it is animated etc, on the code itself and on any lods that may effect it.

Basically we want to ensure cavalry combat performance is improved quite a bit. (ours will kill with 1 blow/strike for example)

@ Gavin : no problemo, by the way your horse looks brilliant. About "one shot" kill, it's very easy to do, just a slight modif of the script.

Help! The sound dosn't work on mine, i've already re-installed it, dosn't go away

Hi everybody, a few pictures of the upcoming units (1812-1815 style units) :

French lancer (for you, tankieboy wink_o.gif ) and honour guard (wealthy young men that bravely fought in 1814) :

14cavf6pv.jpg

French line infantry (2 or 3 models by units for more diversity) :

14inff2yw.jpg

French light infantry and national guardsmen (dressed like farmers) :

14inff20ue.jpg

More pics to come.... whistle.gif

good job,

now we can whith the stargate mod, arrive whith

tank by the door on big battle cavalry yay.gif

The units really improved since the first Napoleonic addons, in quality as in playability inlove.gif

Waterloo, here we come yay.gif

I'll ask nothing, just hoping Red Lancers will be back notworthy.gif

Looking good mate. Reminds me of the time I was part of The Royal Tournament in 1991 (Horse theme). For one part I had to dress as a French Lancer and salute a circus horse with my sword.

whistle.gif

Thank you guys,

@SPQR : yes, i'll make some French guard cavalrymen, such as red lancers and polish lancers (as in the old pack), and éclaireurs-lanciers. By the way you can ask for units you'd like to see...

They are so many units from this era, it would be true madness or everybody'll have to wait for OFP 4 v1.95 rofl.gif

I saw one thing about French Cavalry in your addons :

Hussards and Chasseurs belong to the Light Cavalry

Dragons and Chevau-Légers Lanciers belong to the Line Cavalry

Cuirassiers and Carabiniers belong to the Heavy Cavalry, or Reserve Cavalry

I don't know the carabiniers you created (Austerlitz era ?); the only one I know are those ones :

Carabinier's painting

Things that could be nice : VIPs welcome.gif

- Napoleon himself (in order to make pics like Canal+ advertisement rofl.gif )

- Great fighting generals (able to fight on horse) : Massena, Lannes, Lassalle, Espagne, Ney, Murat, Edouard de Colbert,...

- Trumpeter cavalrymen

- spanish guerilleros. Better adapted for skirmish games like OFP

carabinier are dressed like that until 1812, proft can make several unit with the old one especial french guard cavalery

but for 1814 he has to make french prussia and russian unit.

personnaly i 'd like to see the paris guard or the french swiss regiment.

Yep, carabiniers that i made are dressed in 1805 uniforms (looking like grenadiers), so i'll have to make new ones...

About trumpeters, i made one for spad's napoleonic pack 3, but the "trumpet sound" wasn't that good...if you have a good cavalry trumpet sound, i could make some of them...(not all because trumpeters' uniforms are so different from troopers' ones...it would be quite a hard work !! ).

About VIP's, why not, prob isn't the uniform but the face...if someone got skills to create VIP's faces...

About spanish, spanish war isn't planned at the moment, but could be in a further release...

About PARIS guard, i'd like to make some but haven't uniform sources for them of 1814 era (do you have some ?). Swiss foreign regiments are no problemo, i'll make them.

About prussians :

Prussian uhlan and dragoon :

14cavp0lf.jpg

Prussian infantry and landwehr :

14infp6yt.jpg

More Austrians and Russians pics to come.

nice men, need some russian to make champaubert and montmirail and drop their hat in the seine for claim the french victory smile_o.gif

I didn't know for the carabiniers, thanks for the info wink_o.gif

Ok, Russians :

14infr0em.jpg

Annnnnnnnnd Austrians / Hungarians

14infa5mz.jpg

I'm currently working on Swiss foreign Rgt, next Polish Vistula Legion, and next Prussian and Russian Guards (including Red cossacks of the Guard that attacked French "Marie Louise" at the end of France' campaign).

well some british troop for the battle of toulouse where french crush british force but where force to retire and let the brit claim (shame on them) the victory, it is a part of the campaign of france too wink_o.gif

Hi everybody,

a few updates about 1812-1815 pack :

Swiss and Polish Vistula Legion that helped French troops (until the end...not like others...) :

14polsu3lz.jpg

And British troops : line, 95th light, highlanders etc...(some equipments' models and textures are a gift from Gavin, others come from Spad Napoleonics) :

14briti9jb.jpg

Textures and colors look better in game, but my pictures aren't that good... confused_o.gif

Prussian guardsman is done, next Russian guard and a few cavalrymen...(French guard, Russian guard, Landwehr cavalry, British cavalrymen etc...a lot of work to do... goodnight.gif )