Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Wars Mod 1.0 released

@ Lt Hunter : thank you. I'm looking for an old pistol model, to equip some cavalrymen and officers, and i do remember that you did one ? It's not a priority (i'm only using 3 firing weapons at the moment, the 1777 model for infantry, 1777 carbine for cavalry and baker riffle for skirmishers, which are mainly modified models of Gavin's old Napoleonic soldiers, plus some melee weapons). But maybe a pistol and a brown bess riffle for British and their allies would create a little more diversity...

Nice to see more polish troops smile_o.gif Any chance for Cavallery?

I need a Sean Bean face (Richard Sharpe), 33rd (or 1st Yorkshire West Riding) Regiment, 95th Regiment of Foot and South Essex Regiment models.

wink_o.gif

b20.jpg

Based on Sean Bean as Andy McKnob in Bravo Two Zero like, but I guess it'll do?

very nice unit profT, british troop look beter now, the highlander should have the old tartan design.

hope to see our british cavalry scot and dragoon in game soon for crushing them biggrin_o.gif

@ tankieboy : don't know much about that TV serie cause it has never been put on French TV. I think the reason why is that French soldiers are the bad guys in it...which is quite a ridiculous reason... icon_rolleyes.gif

95th light rifles are already done (look at previous picture), and i'm currently working on British Foot guards (almost done)...South essex is a fictional regiment...but you may ask (feeding me with pictures...) for regiments you'd like to see, if their uniforms are quite different from classic British ones already done.

@ spad : of course, British cavalry is planned (light dragoons, scot greys, Horse guards - the "blues" - and life guards...). But cavalry takes me more time to do than infantry (in game icons, saddles, config, scripts etc...).

I have lots of model pictures of British units in the Napoleonic War if you PM me an email addy.

Well,

Meet the British cav family (Light dragoon, Life guard, Hussar, Horse guard, scots greys) :

14britcav8yx.jpg

And their artillery friends :

14britart5pm.jpg

excellent, hope to see new pack soon, do you have the toulouse map? maybe you can improve it for your excellent addon

Thanks spad, no i don't have any Toulouse map (was done by Philippe, isn't it ?). Maybe you could send it to me, but i concentrate my efforts on finishing new units (French guard cavalry, maybe young guard, russian guard, maybe Belgians etc...).

wow_o.gif

Incerdible !! I wrote a news about that on OFPC PL !! Keep it up ! biggrin_o.gif

Thank you guys,

A little 1815's Dutch-Belgian update : Belgian line infantry, Dutch line grenadier sergeant, Dutch militia, Belgian light soldier, Belgian light dragoon (for infantry, each units exists for Dutch and Belgian, apart from militia which is only Dutch) :

14bel8tg.jpg

Note the "W" on shako's plates and light dragoon shako and buckle.

Battle of Quatres-bras here it comes welcome.gif

Now just the Brunswick and Nassau troops are missing. Your work is still impressive wink_o.gif

well proft very nice work especially the belgian and dutch troop

hanovrian soldier with the lunebourg battalion and the the light battalion could be good to add or one of the hanovrian campaign battalion bremen, verden, grubenhagen and dutch carabinier

biggrin_o.gif

hope to see them soon in dl

Well, some news :

French young guard voltigeur, old guard grenadier in coat, middle guard fusillier chasseur in coat, guard seaman, young guard tirailleur (all guardsmen have regular dress and coats) :

14fraga5qy.jpg

Annnnnd for Spad some hanoverian troops (campaign bataillons troops) :

14han3kr.jpg

Other points :

New units do have a non animated flag (to reduce lag and add more flags, only cavalry keeps animated flags), which is a weapon and can be picked.

Artillery has been fixed (servants do not eject anymore).

biggrin_o.gif excellent, you work fast , well do you plan to make some building like la haie sainte or hougoumont on you waterloo map it could be so great.

hanovrian are really and exactly good

some swedish and danish troop why not

A little update of small countries :

Brunswick troops (line and light gelernte jägers) :

14bru1vz.jpg

Nassau troops (Resistance side) :

14nas7oo.jpg

Russian foot guards and guard cossacks are ready. A little more work to update other germanic states and put them on resistance side (Bavaria and Wurtemberg), some swedish troops for 1814, some cavalry men and the 1812-1815 addon pack will be ready. yay.gif

The Armies lists were already impressive, but with the next release it will be complete madness notworthy.gif

I guess that a small doc (pdf format for example) presenting each Army with it's units, their mission (few lines) and a pic should be done by an not overworking person icon_rolleyes.gif

Amazing work!

I was wondering about the war of 1812-1814.

Teaming up with some of the ancient war modders to work on throwing axes and arrows (not that the latter were used much) and produce a "aboriginal allie" for the British in North America?

The U.S. militia troops were terrified due to over zealous propoganda and this could be modelled by a war-woop which would have the same suppression effects as are used for blasts in ECP (this would actually be somewhat realistic).

It would add more mobile troops for guerrilla style gameplay and help recreate the desperate fighting on the far side of the atlantic

Also, are there any plans to model bombs for use in breaching fortification and close combat?

Thank you for all the work!

-Avimimus