Sign in to follow this  
sysdevja

SAS: Scud Hunters

Quote[/b] ]How are you getting with understanding the configurations?

I have very experianced modding memebers on my team which are helping me aswell as the mod to proceed in operation flashpoints engine.

Just like to post an update on our temp site design until Armed Assault is out :P

(the site will be like any other mod site but we arnt sticking to the design)

Intro Page:

Intro.jpg

Main Page:

press1.jpg

By James Allsopp

Thanks for reading

Ps: Anyone found that sniper yet :P On Spot the sniper screen 1?

I just downloaded 32mb of video for 25 seconds of watching HYKs infantry run about someone elses island  confused_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

nice, but this whole idea seems to belong into the "user missions" section

oh, and screens are over 100Kb

Extremeus Decimus

He isnt sorry, keep trying :P tommorow we are releasing another one :P

Behind the center bush in the group of bushes in the center.

bush on the right looks suspicious too.

i would drop a bomb in the middle though wink_o.gif

it would kill anyone in those bushes biggrin_o.gif

and if that is wrong then i say that the sniper is behind the rock

smile_o.gif

Yup hes there, middle bushes hes hidden well.

You guys want the next one?

thanks

J.Allsopp

WTS.jpg

hmm - nice entertainment mod you goin to initialize here

but a little bit late IMHO now.

I started with reading your first post: aplication to work for

a mod and what you're skills here or there are. I even wasn't

thinking any suspicious thoughts when others came up with.

But more and more i start thinking now that something terrible

smells in the bush sad_o.gif

Are you just trying to win some time by talking about what will come for ArmA by posting stuff made from others and saying that you're working on something similar to it icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't take this personal but i've seen too much now in OFP

and about mods or not mods (ya know they're popping up

like bubbles and once you make a 360 turn they disappear

aswell).

For now i've seen lot of talk (write) about what will/can/might

be but nothing concrete than a layout for a website.

The OFP comunity is now old enough to not become easy impressed by screens of how a website will be looking.

If this is really become some serious mod then plz forgive me

but for now you've lost my trust somehow.

~S~ CD

hmmmm

similar feelings here

and something like

"its too good to be true"

with such capabilities and skills as you presented, i wouldnt waste my time on making a mod.

so.. in my opinion, something is not right

well i did say the OFP was a quick mod, but now were doing our own work, ill post an ingame shot up of our new camo smile_o.gif

also some new buildings and the iranian embassy and new weapons!

in about 1 hour

thanks

J.Allsopp

also:

Quote[/b] ]so.. in my opinion, something is not right

When you get into the game industry youll now how good it is to have a brake.

well i did say the OFP was a quick mod, but now were doing our own work, ill post an ingame shot up of our new camo smile_o.gif

also some new buildings and the iranian embassy and new weapons!

in about 1 hour

So.... time's up. Where are the pics? tounge2.gif

Hehe, almost everyone here knows to not ask addon makers to publish their work faster, and ag_smith is one who knows it very good, as he is one of the top addon makers. So he knows that it is very often that 'something' happened and publishing must be delayed. So I am sure this was joke wink_o.gif

But I agree. Less words, more 'real' things, even if this take more time.

Quote[/b] ]I just downloaded 32mb of video for 25 seconds of watching HYKs infantry run about someone elses island

As i did mention we wont use our own stuff always and i did quote on the reply i give credit to HYK and the map creator

I don't think I understand... if you are using other people's units, other people's islands.... what exactly will you be doing? smile_o.gif

I think that you have marketted yourself in a way which suggests you have had proffesional games experience but it appears that most of things you have mentioned are mods, not really something I would call being in "the games industry", I am not trying to discourage someone who wishes to work on something in the community, but so far you've created a video of other addons.

Judging by the posts in this thread there is public support for your project, if you are intending to deliver what you have already said, but I can't see much work from you into it so far, and while I realise it has been a relatively short time since you announced starting this mod, there has also been a lot of 'talking it up'. smile_o.gif

I've been working on my present project for over a year and it is still not finished. I for one would be amazed if you can knock up original, high quality work in the time frame suggested above.

Well, I joined his team, first of all,

Why:

Because I'm bored, like SAS, and even if the mod fails miserably, I will get experience working with a team, and brush up on my skills. I have no predjudice if he is a fake or anything, today mods start with even less skilled people, with even less knowledge of OFP.

Currently the vid showing the running man is probably suggesting the 20 mile run with sand in the shoes.

To support out claims that we are a mod, I'm telling you that we are working on an island full time, and you probably will get some pics in the very near future, further plans are still under wraps.

Plans for OFP are not as great, full mod will not be released for OFP, but ArmA, OFP will get some bits and pieces, but work is being done in preparation for ArmA, when it's out, we will get to know the ArmA engine better.

I'd have been wiser to work for 2-3 months see if the team is really capable of making the mod and than start the talking. Most mods that started with big threads in this forum talking about what a great mod they will make, died after short time. Just experience.

I'm sorry to say it, but most of these people are right, take ADF mod for example, its about as old as OFP itself and little has actually been made. Yes we are now getting good progress, but it will still be some time before any full version addons are released to the public. I just think that you have to set yourself realistic goals, then you'll get more popular support wink_o.gif

Either way, good luck guys smile_o.gif

Behind the clothing line with 3 long curtains on it in the front-center?

Any chance you could turn up your resolution before you take the screenshot?

The Embassy building looks cool. thumbs-up.gif