Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Hello from Iraq.

i think its too much politics here. Community is spreaded all over the world, not everyone is positive to coalition forces in Iraq ...

Maybe we should just dont be rude about that, keep focused on OFP related stuff.

In this topic someone are sending his greets, photos and just keeping contact with us, being at the moment in one of the most dangerous place in the world... someone else is going there also, maybe just respect them?

In other hand, saying that 'I can get on some convoys or something and get some more trigger time in with the 240' is rude also. Most of us are just players, not soldiers, maybe we dont want to know what will you do with this weapon? (and what are your feelings about that)

well, sorry for OT, just dont like when REAL WAR and CONFLICT had a word in discussion like that ...

and about this patch. superb, especially copter smile_o.gif anyone can say, is this unit is related with mexico?

(disclaimer: sorry for my english smile_o.gif )

If you want to discuss the politics of this conflict, we have a perfectly fine Iraq Thread that deals with those issues.

If you want to discuss OFP community members in Iraq, this is the place.

If you are incapable of separating the two, you may lose the privilidge of having either thread. smile_o.gif

Sorry it's been so long since I updated this thread. The links to the previous pics are broke as well. I got back from Iraq in September 2006. I had a great time. I flew 680 flight hours, I had one sore ass. I got to fly some famous politics and a couple celebrities. Most of the time we were just moving people from one place to another, but we did get to do a few assaults and some other things. Here are some pics, I will try to add more later.

FLYING DOWN A CANAL

FLYING OVER THE FAMOUS CROSS SABRES

STUCK AT CAMP LIBERTY, DUST STORM

HEADED HOME, KUWAIT CITY

GETTING READY FOR MY LAST FLIGHT IN KUWAIT

ME AND SOME IRAQI ARMY GETTING READY FOR AN ASSAULT

THIS IRAQI MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD, HIS HELMET SHOULD PROBABLY BE IN A MUSEUM SOMEWHERE

I also have a couple videos on youtube.

TEST FIRE AT THE BEGINNING OF A MISSION

I will try to add more later. Thanks for the support.

Monty

Monty! Good to hear from you mate smile_o.gif

Glad you made it back safe. Remember me from SWAF? whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Good to see your back on the forums again mate.

Great pics as well smile_o.gif

Welcome back smile_o.gif Very ,very cool. Almost makes it tough deciding between joining the navy or shooting to become an Army helicopter pilot.

Great to see your back, mate. I remember you smile_o.gif.

I, as before, never will conduct with the war (even though I was pretty close to being sent downthere back in 2003). But I do enjoy footage from Iraq. I really hope you havent seen anything tat cause any trouble for ya in the future. Welcome back, mate.

Cheers!

An ya always welcome here in Denmark smile_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words Espectro. If I didn't have a baby on the way I would probably volunteer to go back. Here's some more pics.

FUEL TRUCK HIT BY IED

DOWNTOWN BAGHDAD

BLACKWATER MD500

POLISH AIRCRAFT

SOME OF MY BUDS WITH A POLISH HIND

LOL, THE THINGS WE DID WHEN WE GOT BORED

Here are a couple more videos. The first one is us taking off out of a FARP. The second is right after we crossed the Iraq - Kuwait border. I was in the lead aircraft. My buddy shot the video of us launching our flares.

Monty

Guest Ti0n3r

Glad you made it back alive! smile_o.gif

Those vehicles became very popular. I think the Army had either built new ones or modified old ones. They were everywhere and I think they did well against IEDs. I can't remember the nomenclature for them, I will try to find it.

Monty

Wow so Blackwater has 412's over there too, are they still using the MD530's? That 412 is the only civil helicopter I've ever seen with the disco balls on it, wonder how they managed to get a hold of those.

Yea, Blackwater has quite a bit of stuff over there. I believe beside the 412s and 530s they were also operating a couple MI-17s. Here are a couple of more pics of Blackwater aircraft and a couple others.

BLACKWATER AIRCRAFT ONE

BLACKWATER AIRCRAFT TWO

BLACKWATER AIRCRAFT THREE

STARTING MY DAILY DRIVE TO THE FLIGHT LINE

SADDAM HEADS

Monty

Nice! those 530s are impressive machines, seems like they could be really good scout helicopters if the Army ever realizes that Bell isn't the only helicopter manufacturer.

Welcome back, not long before you stoped posting i saw news of us aircraft shot down crazy_o.gif .

Glad you made it out safe and unharmed, love that museum helm pic biggrin_o.gif .

Wow so Blackwater has 412's over there too, are they still using the MD530's? That 412 is the only civil helicopter I've ever seen with the disco balls on it, wonder how they managed to get a hold of those.

I thought the "disco ball" you refer to was the laser jammer fitted to some combat helicopters...

jammer_after.jpg

The "disco ball" is an ALQ-144. It is used to produce heat signatures to confuse heat seaking missiles.

MORE ALQ INFO

Monty

Thanks for posting all the great pics, and thanks for your service... you've been doing an excellent job over there!

Welcome back Monty & Congrats!

Any chance of reposting those old pictures? I can't seem to check 'em out links are dead.