Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Hello from Iraq.

I haven't had a chance to get to these forums since I left in October. Some of you might recognize the name, some maybe not. I have been playing OFP for a long time and I used to be very active in these forums. I am in Iraq now with the U.S. Army. Some of the guys I work with and I have setup a LAN so I still play OFP everyday. Some of the guys didn't no about OFP, they only know the "main stream" games like Battlefield 2 (sucks). Anyways, I wanted to share some pics from my tour so far here in Iraq. Everything is going great here and I am having an awesome time helping these people and flying all over the country.

CHECK THE LATEST POST FOR UPDATED PICTURES

Monty

Thanks for sharing, Monty. Be nice to have some info from a man in the field. Stay safe now and send more pictures wink_o.gif.

Welcome back monty, good to hear everything is going well over there, and thanks for the great looking pics. Wishes of a safe and successfull tour for you, be sharp and keep safe smile_o.gif .

Nice pictures man! Must be pretty exciting doing the gunnery on one of those birds, although quite dangerous tounge2.gif

Nice pics, especially the first shot is great with the NVG perspective smile_o.gif

One thing though, does the 101st ABN use the M4A1 model 727 (known as the M4A1 SOPMOD)? I thought ''regular'' army troops used the model 720 (normal M4).

Awesome photo's.

Good to know you are still playing OFP. I heard others (infantry) say they wouldn't play OFP anymore (or other wargames/shooters), because they had enough 'ofp' going around in the field and didn't need some more.

Stay safe out there man!!

Ok, so which did you prefer:

Sunny California shifting a few tons of marijuana around.

Or

Iraq

.... wink_o.gif

Best wishes and buy those RAF wankers some drinks whenever you can, they need some cheering up. This ain't new for them.

Nice pics, especially the first shot is great with the NVG perspective smile_o.gif

One thing though, does the 101st ABN use the M4A1 model 727 (known as the M4A1 SOPMOD)? I thought ''regular'' army troops used the model 720 (normal M4).

For the most part, all regular soldiers carry stock M4s with nothing special on them. However, it's different for every unit. For example, in my unit all the crewchiefs carry M9 pistols, the pilots carry M9s and have M4s. The M4s we had were just regular M4s when we got them. Since then our armorer has ordered rail systems, forward grips, and some M68 scopes for them. Some of the guys even buy there own goods. My platoon leader bought his own Eotech sight. It just kind of depends.

Thanks for all the kind responses. Post more when I can.

Monty

Best wishes and buy those RAF wankers some drinks whenever you can, they need some cheering up. This ain't new for them.

rofl.gif

I haven't had a chance to get to these forums since I left in October. Some of you might recognize the name, some maybe not. I have been playing OFP for a long time and I used to be very active in these forums. I am in Iraq now with the U.S. Army. Some of the guys I work with and I have setup a LAN so I still play OFP everyday. Some of the guys didn't no about OFP, they only know the "main stream" games like Battlefield 2 (sucks). Anyways, I wanted to share some pics from my tour so far here in Iraq. Everything is going great here and I am having an awesome time helping these people and flying all over the country.

NIGHT FLIGHT OVER BAGHDAD

PUMA LANDING AT ONE OF THE PADS IN BAGHDAD

COBRA LANDING AT THE SAME PAD

ME (ON THE LEFT) AND A FRIEND IN FRONT OF ONE OF OUR AIRCRAFT AT BAGHDAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

COMING IN FOR A LANDING IN BAGHDAD

WORKING IN FALLUJAH

GETTING READY TO TAKE OFF

GETTIN' DIRTY IN KUWAIT

MY DAILEY VIEW OF MY M240H

I will post more when I can. I can't wait until I can get on the net more and be more active in these forums. Until then, take care.

Monty

Good luck in Iraq and I cross one's fingers US Army smile_o.gif

We have own czech guys in Iraq (Military Police) soldier.gif

great to hear from ya Monty....

oh, and atleast you dont have to worry so much about those IED that seams to litter Iraq :P

I didnt know that the gave your Darth Vader masks

Everything to raise the morale of the troops! You should see the mechanics in their oversized R2D2-suits tounge2.gif

The funny thing is Saddams son Qusay had outfitted parts of the republican guard with black suits and vader style helmets cause he loved Starwars tounge2.gif

gwot62.jpg

rofl.gif

Sorry for the OT in an otherwise very good, serious and productive topic. Shant happen again whistle.gif

If Monty reads this: What is your flightwings main tasks? Would be nice to have some first-hand accounts of day to day business and similar stuff smile_o.gif

UUUFFF...nice pics dude ˇ

Be carefull there and come back soon to play with us from home ˇ

The funny thing is Saddams son Qusay had outfitted parts of the republican guard with black suits and vader style helmets cause he loved Starwars tounge2.gif

gwot62.jpg

I thnik George Lucas love Saddam tounge2.gif

there was a US helicopter crash yesterday involving 12 victims. are you safe Monty?