el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

Not exactly lucky, I think the entire crew died. I remember reading about that photo sequence a long time ago. I don't think any one was able to bail out before it went out of control a few seconds later.

Skipper: Let's see whether we can't get rid of all those stupid flyboys...

ki2051986510wh.jpg

Looks like a high speed evasive turn exercise. I knew some people who served on the USS Abraham Lincoln back in the late 90's and they related a story to me about one those drills.

Basically the ship was doing these evasive turn drills and each time it did one you would have to hold on for dear life do the ship listing so much. Well after a few of those crazy turns the song Hot Rod Lincoln was piped through the ships com system for the whole crew to hear.

This may have been in the Iraq thread (I don't go there much to check all the pages for it), but I think it could go here too.

Hostage Situation:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/

Quote[/b] ]But after reading a report on a news Web site about a U.S. soldier allegedly being captured, "I looked at it and said, 'It does look like one of our action figures.'"

story.hostage.ap.jpgstory.figure.2.5.ap.jpgstory.figure.3.ap.jpg

This may have been in the Iraq thread (I don't go there much to check all the pages for it), but I think it could go here too.

Hostage Situation:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/

Quote[/b] ]But after reading a report on a news Web site about a U.S. soldier allegedly being captured, "I looked at it and said, 'It does look like one of our action figures.'"

img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/story.hostage.ap.jpg[/img]img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/story.figure.2.5.ap.jpg[/img]img]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/meast/02/01/iraq.hostage/story.figure.3.ap.jpg[/img]

How can anyone think this picture is real? crazy_o.gif

How can anyone think this picture is real? crazy_o.gif

Who knows. But I wonder if they would have videotaped the beheading of the action figure when demands weren't met. biggrin_o.gif

Maybe they would have brought in a Jihad Joe doll like you might have seen on the internet to torture him tounge_o.gif

Damn n00bs they should have editted the video on a PC and added grain effects to it to reduce picture visual quality then it wouldnt have been so easy to spot tounge_o.gif .

Hi Mom? I need to borrow some cash....I crashed the tank crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]3 busted in smashed tank fraud

SAPPORO -- Three people have been arrested for swindling a woman out of over 1 million yen after one of them posing as her son told her on the phone that he had crashed a Self-Defense Forces (SDF) tank into a gate and needed money to pay compensation, police said.

Moreover, police are grilling Yasuyoshi Furuuchi, 23, who called himself a private detective agency owner, under arrest over a separate fraud case, suspecting he is the ringleader.

Investigators believe that Furuuchi conspired with the three to defraud numerous Hokkaido residents out of tens of millions of yen in so-called "it's me, send money" frauds.

One of the three called a 47-year-old housewife living in Date, Hokkaido, on Jan. 11, and claimed to be her son who is a SDF soldier, investigators said.

"I was driving a tank and crashed into an SDF facility wall. I want you to deposit over 1 million yen into my account today to pay for it," the caller reportedly told the woman.

The woman believed that the caller was his son and remitted 1.3 million yen into a designated account. However, she later found out that her son hadn't caused any accidents and that she had been swindled.

The three learned of the son's job from the name list of an alumni association of a school he had graduated from.

Furuuchi was earlier arrested for calling a 55-year-old restaurant employee living in Otaru, Hokkaido, in November last year and swindled him out of about 1.2 million yen in an "it's me, send money" fraud case. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Feb. 5, 2005)

Good god , what a cheap fraud but the excuse was probably the lamest crazy_o.gif , since when did the army start demanding money off people to cover up for accident expenses?

Not really military but funny, trips with a gun in hand: video.

Very good show, very funny!! ( That, what I just sayed, was stealed from Max Payne 2 wink_o.gif )