el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

Dolphins are also trained to attach charges at ships and search and kill combat divers. Human nature is a weird one when it comes to war...

Edit: I don´t think it´s that funny. A lot of dolphins already died after transports or during their service. USA uses them since the 60´s for military purposes. They also tried with Killer Whales and other subspecies, but the only ones still being trained are the dolphins and sealions.

Lol spy dolphins,  What next, Suicide Tuna  :P  Killer Whales with Torpedo lauchers or maybe a Whale with a Nuke Stuck u its bottom   smile_o.gif

You know... A while ago i saw this documentary about some Belgian guy that trains rats to search for landmines...

After a lot of training the rats were able to find mines, they even went to a real minefield to test it and it worked just fine...

That's just incredible, those little guys can help us a lot in the futur...

Quote[/b] ]That's just incredible, those little guys can help us a lot in the futur...

If that is they are not busy helping out in the LAB .... tounge_o.gif

I remeber reading this last year somewhere.....i think it was an april fool but i'm not sure:-

In WWII the russians had a scientist who had trained rats to get in to german tanks and chew up the wiring. a very cheep way of disabling them.

The germans responded by issuing each Panzer unit with one cat.

i'm sure someone out there will tell me if it's true or not.

IDEA FOR NEW THREAD :- Animals in Warfare.

Quote[/b] ]In WWII the russians had a scientist who had trained rats to get in to german tanks and chew up the wiring. a very cheep way of disabling them.

Haha and how did they train them not to chew up their own tanks ?

Hoax !

Quote[/b] ]In WWII the russians had a scientist who had trained rats to get in to german tanks and chew up the wiring. a very cheep way of disabling them.

Haha and how did they train them not to chew up their own tanks ?

Hoax !

Ah yes, the story of "Mikhail Mouse" was a hoax, but it was based on some reality:

dog_mine_001.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Dog Anti-Tank Mine

The simplicity of the dog mine must have been appealing concept in 1942 when the Russian army was still hard pressed fighting to keep the German invaders in check. The basic idea was that the dog carried on it's back a wooden box or packets containing explosives strapped on with a harness. The dogs were then trained to run underneath enemy tanks and in doing so they would tip back a vertical wooden lever on their backs, which would detonate the explosives, much to the surprise of the German tank crews and the dogs.

This however, was one simple idea that did not work terribly effectively in combat. As the dogs were trained by placing food under Soviet tanks they would run to the familiar smells and sounds of any Soviet tanks in battle rather than the strange smells and sounds of the German tanks, and with hindsight, one would also expect that in battle a dog would run anywhere but towards a moving tank firing overhead, and in doing so become a menace to everyone else on the battlefield.

The German army quickly learned of the Soviet hundminen and so spread throughout the ranks information that all Russian dogs likely to be encountered were probably rabid and so should be shot on sight. As a result all dogs virtually disappeared from the Eastern Front in the ensuing few days, making the use of dog mines all the less feasible.

Dog mines did have some success, but once their dangerous drawbacks were realised they were not used after 1942. Some reports on the Soviet Army after 1945 still contained references to dog mines however, and there were also reports of dog mines as having been used by the Viet Minh (fighting in Indo-China) in the late 1940s.

I had a US army translation version of a soviet army hand book from like 1950 or so when I was younger. It was a word for word translation of a actual hand book and It was pretty cool until some one stole it and burned it.

I remember a page that had charts and tables about mines and such. one of the pics was of a dog with a saddle bag type thing on and the caption type something,something. I remember at that age thinking "what the hell they blow there dogs up! Those bastards!". Any way that book was early fifties late forties in my estimation (I think it refered to the JS III as being their front line battle tank) and it mentioned those wacky dogs.

http://www.soviet-empire.com/arsenal/army/anti-tank/dog_mine/dog_mine_001.jpg

The simplicity of the dog mine must have been appealing concept in 1942 when the Russian army was still hard pressed fighting to keep the German invaders in check. The basic idea was that the dog carried on it's back a wooden box or packets containing explosives strapped on with a harness. The dogs were then trained to run underneath enemy tanks and in doing so they would tip back a vertical wooden lever on their backs, which would detonate the explosives, much to the surprise of the German tank crews and the dogs.

This however, was one simple idea that did not work terribly effectively in combat. As the dogs were trained by placing food under Soviet tanks they would run to the familiar smells and sounds of any Soviet tanks in battle rather than the strange smells and sounds of the German tanks, and with hindsight, one would also expect that in battle a dog would run anywhere but towards a moving tank firing overhead, and in doing so become a menace to everyone else on the battlefield.

The German army quickly learned of the Soviet hundminen and so spread throughout the ranks information that all Russian dogs likely to be encountered were probably rabid and so should be shot on sight. As a result all dogs virtually disappeared from the Eastern Front in the ensuing few days, making the use of dog mines all the less feasible.

Dog mines did have some success, but once their dangerous drawbacks were realised they were not used after 1942. Some reports on the Soviet Army after 1945 still contained references to dog mines however, and there were also reports of dog mines as having been used by the Viet Minh (fighting in Indo-China) in the late 1940s.

I wish someone would do that with our dog...

Goddamn i hate that fucking animal!

Die.

Die.

Eloquent. rock.gif

Heh, whenever one of our neightbours decides to try and conquer us again, Darklight will be strapping explosives to his dog at the first news of the invasion. wink_o.gif

vt12-01.jpg

Command and Conquer anyone ?

In fact it´s a prototype of the german VT 1-2, a tank developed in the 70´s to react on a big tank battle scenario in germany, the biggest threat assumed at that time. It had two 120 mm cannons, optic height stabilisation, a firing rate of 12 shots per minute per cannon, 2.175 Turbo PS for extrem speed and flexibility and a "line of sight" automated firing system. For stealth missions and stationary use there were 2 integrated electro motors. You can see them on this pic. The two round thingies on the rear are for the electro motors.

Pretty funny concept for major tank battles. Leo 2 made the race though.

vt12-02.jpg

Die.

I love you too darling

Unless you two want some time away from the forums please try to show a little more restraint and maturity.

p><p>The simplicity of the dog mine must have been appealing concept in 1942 when the Russian army was still hard pressed fighting to keep the German invaders in check. The basic idea was that the dog carried on it

Die.

I love you too darling

Butt sechz? Tonight?

http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'>

Anyone see the picture of the jeep or was it a hummer? In the mud? Lol.

Wouldn't like to come across one of those guys on the battlefield...

frreeeaaaaks biggrin_o.gif

wink_o.gif

I once took an M113 flying at NTC - didn't see the canyon in front of me. I got the wind knocked out of me, the TC chipped a tooth and got knocked out for a few minutes and all the guys in back were like "COOL! DO IT AGAIN!". crazy_o.gif

Wheeled tanks are excellent for jumping biggrin_o.gif

It´s always the landing that causes trouble.

Anyway, talking about flying tanks here is the japanese version:

The Ku - Ro

experimental-special3-kuro.jpg

I´d NEVER ever fly in one of those. Fortunally it was a test model only.

some guy's in afghanistan w/ some free time on hand

hind3.JPG

hind2.JPG

hind1.JPG

where are we getting all these hinds from?

some guy's in afghanistan w/ some free time on hand

[ig]http://ourworld.cs.com/SMW1279/Myfolder/hind3.JPG[/ig]

[ig]http://ourworld.cs.com/SMW1279/Myfolder/hind2.JPG[/ig]

[ig]http://ourworld.cs.com/SMW1279/Myfolder/hind1.JPG[/ig]

where are we getting all these hinds from?

actually, i'm not sure if it is afghanistan. i've seen this photo here long time ago, and IIRC, it was from one of airshows in Europe.