el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

I wasn't talking about beer in general. I was talking about the brand Oettinger... It's one of the worst beers over here! crazy_o.gif

I wasn't talking about beer in general. I was talking about the brand Oettinger... It's one of the worst beers over here! crazy_o.gif

Once again, that explains everything!

Boy i can really use that sentence in this thread!

Yes but the pic looks really old. Check the old helmet on the left. I´d say early 90´s biggrin_o.gif

Looks like Oettinger beer - man, that's plain cruel!

Edit: ah, looks like more people recognized the picture as what it really is: torture!

Nearly got hit by artillary shrapnel the other week, missed me, my scout and my section commander by about 1 metre, then heavy weapons set hill after hill on fire with tracer, dead grass burns quick!

Yes but the pic looks really old. Check the old helmet on the left. I´d say early 90´s  biggrin_o.gif

Looks like Oettinger beer - man, that's plain cruel!

Edit: ah, looks like more people recognized the picture as what it really is: torture!

Especially since everyone else in the picture has something else.

Quote[/b] ]THE Defence Ministry has launched a probe after two RAF jets screamed over a playgroup fun day at 250ft.

The Tornado fighters — on low-level target practice — seemed to aim right at the 50 terrified youngsters, all aged under five.

The children had just recovered from the fly-past when they were buzzed by ANOTHER jet.

Animals at the farm park open day were also left petrified by the low-level blitz.

The park’s furious owner Diana Gardner said last night: “The planes seemed lower than 250ft and made an appalling noise.

“It must have been clear to the pilots there was a large number of children and animals on the ground.

“I understand the need to train — but why over our park?â€

Source

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I would've LOVED to have experienced that at age five.

lol classic happens all the time near me its great. particually in school when teachers are trying to teach. and playing golf is even funnier they dive down to fly low over the golf course just to annoy people because they always complain.

Quote[/b] ]THE Defence Ministry has launched a probe after two RAF jets screamed over a playgroup fun day at 250ft.

The Tornado fighters — on low-level target practice — seemed to aim right at the 50 terrified youngsters, all aged under five.

The children had just recovered from the fly-past when they were buzzed by ANOTHER jet.

Animals at the farm park open day were also left petrified by the low-level blitz.

The park’s furious owner Diana Gardner said last night: “The planes seemed lower than 250ft and made an appalling noise.

“It must have been clear to the pilots there was a large number of children and animals on the ground.

“I understand the need to train — but why over our park?â€

Source

biggrin_o.gif

Personally I would've LOVED to have experienced that at age five.

heheheh biggrin_o.gif. Reminds me of one day in grade 3 or 4 at a swimming pool for the weekly or bi-weekly swimming lessons we got as kids in Cuba, pretty much the same thing happened, except instead of a Tornado it was a Tu-95 Bear smile_o.gif.

hehe, typical RAF stuff that. Pity they didn't drop any smoke or flares.

Well i for one think its rotten that these RAF louts behave so disgracefully around young children and animals. Who do they think they are flying around in their publicly financed jets terrorising small children and making appalling noises?

These aerial hoodlums should be brought down a notch mad_o.gif

i think they should do it more often... its good to show whats left of our airforce before tony bellend gets rid of it

They had a Spit from the memorial flight down at Saints one day to get a new prop fitted. The guy flying it was doing low level circuits, and really pushing it.

Sounded like a dream, most of the base came out to watch.

Then it got called off, as a local school was complaining about the noise! Quite sad really, when they really did miss out on a piece of history and heritage.

Still, didn't stop us from clambering all over it when he landed and trying to blag a quick jolly in it.

one of my mates at cadets who is a corporal his uncle is on the BBMF... sqn leader Al Pinner a spitfire pilot the lucky git

They had a Spit from the memorial flight down at Saints one day to get a new prop fitted. The guy flying it was doing low level circuits, and really pushing it.

Then it got called off, as a local school was complaining about the noise! Quite sad really, when they really did miss out on a piece of history and heritage.

Still, didn't stop us from clambering all over it when he landed and trying to blag a quick jolly in it.

I imagine that would have sounded somewhat like this. It's an old movie, but still fun to watch -- especially since this version isn't bleeped out.

I imagine that would have sounded somewhat like this. It's an old movie, but still fun to watch -- especially since this version isn't bleeped out.

Scary stuff smile_o.gif

i think the UK MODs budget cuts qualify for military stupidity in a big way

While we are at planes. I had no interest in sitting in this machine:

How not to land a plane

Either that footage is fake altogether, or it's an R/C plane.

The sound is wrong, arrives too fast, the cloud of burning rubber from the tires on the nose wheel would have stopped after the first contact with the runway (unless the pilot stood on the brakes), the nosewheel would have collapsed on the initial contact, the slats that would be deployed for landing aren't extended, and an airframe that large doesn't oscillate up and down that quickly.

While we are at planes. I had no interest in sitting in this machine:

How not to land a plane

Either that footage is fake altogether, or it's an R/C plane.

The sound is wrong, arrives too fast, the cloud of burning rubber from the tires on the nose wheel would have stopped after the first contact with the runway (unless the pilot stood on the brakes), the nosewheel would have collapsed on the initial contact, the slats that would be deployed for landing aren't extended, and an airframe that large doesn't oscillate up and down that quickly.

Oh go ahead and spoil the fun! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Either that footage is fake altogether, or it's an R/C plane.

I can´t tell you Frag but I have watched it numerous times to find an indication for fake but found none. It can be that it has been an emergency landing (very much looks like it) and indeed the pilot is full on the brakes thahat what makes it jump. I agree that the nosewheel had to take a lot of in this one, more than I think one can take but watch it closely. All is correct, the lighting on the plane, the buildings sizes compared to plane size etc.

I´m pretty sure it´s no fake. But then again, I´m no plane contructor or testpilot  smile_o.gif

Edit:

Checked again, Flaps are fully out.

well, fake or not.. on the second bounce it almost breaks off it´s tail  biggrin_o.gif

i just hadn´t thought that a plane of this size is that maneuverable (sp?)

(damnit my "END" key is dying  sad_o.gif )