BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

@Mr Burns. Maybe it's because I'm using the Ia Drang island. When used The Bra (which is much rougher terrain BTW), I didn't have those kind of problems.

About the tacrod theme, I've just a couple of minutes ago tried eliminating a squad guarding the spawn point, and it exploded about 15 secs after and didn't reappear. Altough if I set east units (just the models, but defined as west in the InitZone) as a west spawn point, if I killed the squad, the camp didn't even destruct. Maybe this helps.

I'm having problems with respawns. I set up a camp, it appears, groups appear, but when I eliminate a group, an error message appears:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_dummyman = units _unitdummy select ((count units _unitdummy) - 1)|#|' Error Zero Divisor

And no respawn happens, regardless of the spawn setup.

I found this line in the DAC_Waiting_for_End.sqs file in KI_1 of DAC folder. No matter is caching turned on/off. I'd really appreciate if someone helped. It's obvious I'm doing something wrong, since not able to set up respawning units.

The setup I'm using:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

DAC_Players        = [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12,s13,s14,s15,s16,s17,s18,s19,s20,troop1]

DAC_KI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,9],[2,12]]

DAC_Reduce_Value   = [800,900,0]

DAC_Dyn_Weather    = [0,0,0]

DAC_KI_Spawn       = [30,45,0,120]

DAC_Delete_Value   = [60,500,300]

DAC_KI_Cache       = [0,0] (also tried [1,1]<-this is not in the code)

DAC_Com_Values     = [1,1]

DAC_KI_Level       = 2

DAC_KI_AddOn       = 1

DAC_Res_Side       = 0

DAC_Marker         = false

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

DAC_Players = [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12,s13,s14,s15,s16,s17,s18,s19,s20,troop1]

beep yay.gif

That array only allows s1,s2,s3,s4,etc. but not troop1

Why? If I understood in the readme ok, you can add whatever name you use for soldiers, don't?

5mins later: I removed troop1 from the array, renamed player to s1 and the same happens. Maybe DAC collides with DMA's dynamic mission template?

You´re right...brainfart by me, sorry. Really don´t know where that came from whistle.gif

hi,

I am back from my vacation smile_o.gif

As I see, some of you have problems with DAC. Tomorrow I will try to come on the problems and hopes that I can help.

bye an good night

silola

Silola, I know this is a big one to ask, but I think it would greatly help mission makers, if you would list ALL the global variables you used, so we could write conflict free scripts. Thanks a lot for your work (even if you don't list the variables wink_o.gif )!

And also I'd like to know if you change anything on the units listed in the player array (s1,s2, etc.), or just read data for AI reaction? I ask this to know, can I, say, delete freely units with those names, or change weapons, etc.

hi,

Sorry for the late reaction. I have still done some tests and already works on a patch smile_o.gif

Okay, let's go...

@Matt Rochelle:

-------------------------------

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Grr Ive been trying for ages Whats the Problem?

sickboy has explained it quite correctly...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Either the zones are still too small, placed on a wrong location (much water, forrests, buildings... not much free space etc. etc.)

Activate first the DAC_Marker, so that you recognize the zone which prepares problems.

Then try whether the zone on another position functions.

If necessary you can also do use of the by hand placed waypoints (How this functions, you find in the Readme).

@J W:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Wasn't in the mood of reading german, nor looking trough the 23 pages of this thread.

Are there any "DAC for dummies"-tutorials out there?

To use DAC, unfortunately, you must invest some time for the first steps...sorry :-/

DAC contain some mission examples at which you should have a look anyway.

The DAC Readme (in eng + ger availably) is written, actually, understandably (also for beginners), so that you should well manage with it.

Invest some time, and you will see .... it will be worthwhile ... may be ;-)

And as Shinbusan already said...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC works always, but there are some easy to made mistakes, like wrong size of the zones, wrong waypoint definitions, forgeting about Server GameLogic (for MP). Most common (for me in the past). If you learn DAC carefully, it can make you almost anything

@cobra@pulse:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Hi there guys, having a problem with DAC. I've used it many times before but in this one mission i've started i now get this error: ......

How many zones are placed then in this mission?

You can copy the mission, perhaps, and then in the copy

delete bit by bit a zone after the others, until the mistake no more comes.

It could really be a faulty zone. Maybe helps this action.

Till present I could not localize the mistake yet confused_o.gif

@kutya:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I get these error messages huh.gif :

'_temprndunit - ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)|#|': Error Zero divisor'

'_p < _rndpause) && (alive ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)) && |#| (behaviour (leader _group) == _vn_curbeh) && ((count (untis _group...' don't see more

and

'if ((! _hurt) && ({_x == ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)} count VTE_HURT_UNITS == 0) && (getDammage ((units _group) select _rnd_...' don't see more

This is definitively no DAC code. Therefore, it must come from an Addon.

It can be that a single unit causes this error.

You can only determine this, while you fill in the Array "_Unit_Pool_S" bit by bit with units to ascertain then with which unity the error appears.

However, you must think that not every registered unit from the Array is always also generated.

It can be that you must try it several times, until the error originates again.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I set up a couple of zones: I've got in total: about 15 groups, about 100 units, and 112 waypoints. Everything goes ok.

If I add a new zone, I get the _setmarkerpos error message (already mentioned in this thread). For testing, I tweaked the DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs

Also tried various _checkCount up to 6000, and still get the message. I tried putting the zone on top of an already existing one, and still the errors occur, which really confuses me. The new waypoint count is 132.

The mistake has to do nothing with the number of the waypoints or soldiers.

Even if more than 63 groups are generated, this mistake does not appear.

It must come from a faulty zone. This is at least my supposition...I will test this over again.

@causticwindow911:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I'm having a weird problem with DAC. Enemy infantry AT units refuse to fire on player armor. I am using WGL5.

I've tried naming the tank, naming the tank and the armor crew, and just the armor crew. Any combination mention doesn't work. The infantry recognizes the tank as a threat and moves in to engage, but they just sit there. Enemy infantry still reacts viciously to infantry, however.

When I try to turn off the new DAC AI I get some error and squads do not inflate normally, or even react to players.

In WGL5 the AI is pretty open about using infantry based AT weaponry. I would like to get this to work!

Several people have already reported about it.

This comes with certainty from a wrong behavior setting.

I will test this over again too.

@tacrod:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">In the mission I am working on, DAC camps automatically repair themselves after being destroyed. About ten seconds after being destroyed, they seem to setdammage 0.

Is this a feature or a bug? Is it possible to stop this from happening?

I have inserted this because it happens that vehicles sometimes destroy the building after a Respawn.

In this script "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Move_Camp.sqs" you find this entry:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;-----------------------------

#waiting

;-----------------------------

_buildingA setdammage 0;_buildingB setdammage 0

?(((_rCamp select _i) select 5) <= 0):goto "leavecamp"

_wait = time + random _unitwait

@(time > _wait) || (not alive _leader) || (_group in DAC_Hit_Groups) || ((call _query) > 0)

?(not alive _leader):goto "Break"

?(_group in DAC_Hit_Groups) || ((call _query) > 0):goto "groupchangemove"

#newpos

_movepos setpos [(getpos _buildingA select 0) + random (2 * _unitrad) - _unitrad,(getpos _buildingA select 1) + random (2 * _unitrad) - _unitrad,0]

?(((_movepos distance _buildingA) < 5) || ((_movepos distance _buildingB) < 5)):goto "newpos"

goto "patrolweiter"

Deactivate the first code line under the label #waiting wink_o.gif

OK, I do the rest tonight. And many thanks over again for your patience thumbs-up.gif

bye

silola

Thanks man for your help notworthy.gif !

I think most of my problems was that I combined DAC with DMA's template, so they conflicted somehow. I'm rebuilding the whole thing (mission) using only DAC and for now everything seems to be OK.

Thanks for your help Silola, the structures don't seem to auto-repair now. Thanks smile_o.gif

I have another question. Does the ability to respawn dead AI groups depend on the camp group or the camp structures?

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I have another question. Does the ability to respawn dead AI groups depend on the camp group or the camp structures?

There are two conditions on the Respawn:

1. At least one unit of the camp group must be alive

2. The camp must still have Respawns availably.

If the camp has no more Respawns, the new group becomes in one

the other camp respawned which still has Respawns availably.

Destroyed structures have no influence on the Respawn.

Would like you to have this possibility with pleasure?

bye

silola

yeah biggrin_o.gif

Finally, I have found the damned bug which did it impossibly, that Law and Rpg soldiers shoot at vehicles banghead.gif

With reduce of the groups the available magazines of all soldiers are stored. With restore of the groups, first again all magazines are removed from the new soldiers, and then the stored number are returned.

That wonderfully functions. All restored unities had

her original magazines.

There is only one little thing which leads to the failure....

The secondary weapon was not loaded, although all magazines exist.

Now the magazines are restored oppositely.

First the magazines of the secondary weapon, then the magazines of the primary weapon.

And now .... all vehicles are put out to a real menace,

if suitable unities are generated yay.gif

bye

silola

awesome Silola biggrin_o.gif

With all the changes happening in this thread, will there be another update release for DAC?

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">With all the changes happening in this thread, will there be another update release for DAC?

Yes clearly. I already work hard on it. Every day smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Thats great news Silola im looking forward to it, becuase i got confused with all these code changes many pages back lol biggrin_o.gif

when i load dac even if its just one group i lagg, dunno wots went wrong somewhere but, when i quit i start to lagg in the editor 2 so i gotta quit ofp and start up again? its really wierd..

You don't have to start OpF again. Start the mission again, and before DAC initialises, abort it. There will be no lag. I think it's because the scripts are still running in the background, to enable you to continue the mission from the editor. By pressing preview, you reset all the scripts. That's a general problem, not just DAC.

I've never, in my 4 years of OFP mission editing experience, experienced a laggy editor? huh.gifconfused_o.gif

It's happend to me quite a few times. I think it's to do with your ram filling up on a laggy preview or something.

Now the magazines are restored oppositely.

First the magazines of the secondary weapon, then the magazines of the primary weapon.

And now .... all vehicles are put out to a real menace,

if suitable unities are generated yay.gif

bye

silola

That makes sense. I eagerly await a patch.

DAC is great, silola.

Great news that you found the AT bug.

Quote[/b] ]Destroyed structures have no influence on the Respawn.

Would like you to have this possibility with pleasure?

If it's not too much work, having this option would be nice.

Quote[/b] ]when i load dac even if its just one group i lagg, dunno wots went wrong somewhere but, when i quit i start to lagg in the editor 2 so i gotta quit ofp and start up again?

How long does it last for? Does your machine hang? Do you have dummy units for each unit type you wish to spawn?

@Silola

I'm looking forward to the next update. Thanks for your excellent support smile_o.gif

hi,

[TheOne] :

------------------

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I meant with the infantry, when they spawn you can hear the weapons clining and a shout in russian, kinda takes away the whole stealth thing, heh.

Shinbusan:

--------------

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">About sounds of respawned infantry, there is no easy way. The only one is to changing inside DAC script to make more time between creating unit (close to Dummy) and moving it into spawning waypoint.

Solution found. This reload of the weapons now is to be heard no more. This noise was really annoying.

Thanks to Shinbusan for the tip smile_o.gif

@tacrod:

----------

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">If it's not too much work, having this option would be nice.

I will look in a solution icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

Some time ago I reported a setmarkerpos error. Now I think I reproduced it. Worked on several missions on a single island. After I completed the first mission, copied the whole thing in another folder (but the same island). Everything was ok. This way I made several missions, without problems (units & WPs > 100). When I transfered everything to another island, the setmarkerpos error appeared already after the second zone. I lowered the squad number, then it was ok. Added a third zone, setmarkerpos error appeared again. This is the same problem I had a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the zones must go one after another in the mission.sqm. Is this the prob or something else? I'd really appreciate help, because it gives me much trouble in making my Vietnam Tour of Duty campaign.

what about using BI wiki for DAC ? pistols.gif