BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Finally, found the problem with the setmarkerpos error: not sure, but I think someone said in this thread that it doesn't matter where you put e_dummy and w_dummy. I found out that it matters. Here's my theory:

It's nasty, because in the beginning everything works fine. E&W_dummy must be alive while DAC initialises (maybe even later). If they die during initialisation, you'll get the setmarkerpos error. So, if you put them in water, and have many units, they'll die (after a while) and DAC will no longer have a reference to them. If you have only a couple of units, DAC will initialise before they die/drown (or before their bodies are removed). Hope this helps to some people.

In short: make sure E_dummy and W_dummy are on land. And not too close to kill each other.

hi,

@kutya:

-------------

this could really be the reason.

Thanks for your untiring testing thumbs-up.gif

I should have pointed in the Readme over again expressly to it...sorry confused_o.gif

@Q:

--------------

I am not sure whether that the right place is for a DAC Wiki...may be icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

Finally, I have found the damned bug which did it impossibly, that Law and Rpg soldiers shoot at vehicles banghead.gif

Great!! smile_o.gif Sooo, where and which code did we have to change again? smile_o.gif I was actually wondering how it was possible how most times player tanks survived way too long tounge2.gif

ps: About the Updated version... I remember reading your next release will be ArmA... Are you talking about that release or you are really going to release an updated version of DAC, incl. the new features discussed and discovered in this topic, for OFP?

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Great!! :) Sooo, where and which code did we have to change again? :) I was actually wondering how it was possible how most times player tanks survived way too long

okay, if it liked to modify somebody, here I show the solution.

Otherwise deactivate the group reduction, or wait up to the patch wink_o.gif

This script must be changed:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"DAC\Scripts\DAC_Reduce_Group.sqs"

In the script you find the following code block:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#buildunits

?(count _grouparray == 0):exit

?((DAC_Com_Values select 0) > 1):player groupChat format["%1 is built up",group _leader]

_sp = speed _leader;_co = combatmode _leader;_be = behaviour _leader;_gnr = 0;_set = []

#loop

_utype = format["%1",_grouparray select _gnr]

_skill = call format["%1",_grouparray select (_gnr+1)]

_dam = call format["%1",_grouparray select (_gnr+2)]

_mago = _grouparray select (_gnr+3)

_utype createunit [getpos _leader,_leader,"",_skill,""]

_mnro = 0;_mnrn = 0

~0.05

?(("alive _x" count units _group) <= 1):goto "newleader"

_unit = units _group select ((count units _group) - 1);_magn = magazines _unit

while "_mnrn < count _magn" do {_unit removemagazines (_magn select _mnrn);_mnrn = _mnrn + 1}

_unit setdammage _dam

while "_mnro < count _mago" do {_unit addmagazine (_mago select _mnro);_mnro = _mnro + 1}

_gnr = _gnr + 4

_set = _set + [_unit]

call _addunit

?(DAC_KI_AddOn == 1):_unit addeventhandler ["hit",{_this exec "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Hit_by_Enemy.sqs"}]

?(_gnr >= (count _grouparray)):goto "createok"

~_buildtime

goto "loop"

And here the adjusted block:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#buildunits

?(count _grouparray == 0):exit

?((DAC_Com_Values select 0) > 1):player groupChat format["%1 is built up",group _leader]

_sp = speedmode _leader;_co = combatmode _leader;_be = behaviour _leader;_gnr = 0;_set = []

#loop

_utype = format["%1",_grouparray select _gnr]

_skill = call format["%1",_grouparray select (_gnr+1)]

_dam = call format["%1",_grouparray select (_gnr+2)]

_mago = _grouparray select (_gnr+3)

_utype createunit [getpos _leader,_leader,"",_skill,""]

_mnro = (count _mago - 1);_mnrn = 0

~0.05

?(("alive _x" count units _group) <= 1):goto "newleader"

_unit = units _group select ((count units _group) - 1);_magn = magazines _unit

while "_mnrn < count _magn" do {_unit removemagazines (_magn select _mnrn);_mnrn = _mnrn + 1}

_unit setdammage _dam

while "_mnro > -1" do {_unit addmagazine (_mago select _mnro);_mnro = _mnro - 1}

_gnr = _gnr + 4

_set = _set + [_unit]

call _addunit

?(DAC_KI_AddOn == 1):_unit addeventhandler ["hit",{_this exec "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Hit_by_Enemy.sqs"}]

~_buildtime

?(_gnr >= (count _grouparray)):goto "createok"

goto "loop"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...you are really going to release an updated version of DAC, incl. the new features discussed and discovered in this topic, for OFP?

This is true. There will be a revised version for OFP-> DAC V1.1

This version will also contain a significant new Feature:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Movable zones tounge2.gif

i hope u like that new feature icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

Movable zones?! Sounds great, just what we need! Will this make a progressive advance possible? What I mean with that is that after a certain area has been taken (checked by a simple 'all enemies dead' trigger) the WP-zone for the troops that have taken the area can be moved to a new area. And after that area has been taken, the zone will move to another area, etc.. Will that be possible? I certainly hope so.

Now for somehting completely different; I have some questions for you Silola. smile_o.gif I have created a set of scripts that dramatically improve the AI's survivability and common sense. They no longer charge headlong into the enemy, they advance more slowly and cautiously when enemies are nearby, they enter buildings and they go to 'stealth' mode and 'limited' speed when enmies are detected. Also, these scripts are relatively light.

I wanted to implement the scripts into DAC but have run into trouble. I have been able to make the script run within DAC, but the units are not behaving as they should.

First off, DAC groups of units take cover when they encounter enemies. The group basically stops (DAC determined) and engages the enemy by sending out soldiers to engage detected enemies (standard OFP behaviour). The thing is, an important part of the increased survivability of the AI in my scripts is created by disabling the 'TARGET' AI of all soldiers. But this creates problems with DAC because groups will not engage eachother and remain in 'cover' mode indefinetly. My first question to you is; how to disable this 'take cover' behaviour of the AI groups within DAC.

Second, even though the script that lets soldiers enter enterable buildings when enemies are detected is running the soldiers will not move into the buildings. I believe this is because DAC limits the mission makers freedom to determine the movement of independent soldiers. What the script does is simply give a 'domove' order to a soldier to move to a given position inside a building. So, my last question to you is; how can I disable this limit to the movement of soldiers?

If you want I can send you the relevant files and some demomissions.

okay, if it liked to modify somebody, here I show the solution.

Otherwise deactivate the group reduction, or wait up to the patch wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...you are really going to release an updated version of DAC, incl. the new features discussed and discovered in this topic, for OFP?

This is true. There will be a revised version for OFP-> DAC V1.1

This version will also contain a significant new Feature:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Movable zones tounge2.gif

i hope u like that new feature icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

My God Silola ...

You made me silenced there for a moment smile_o.gif))

Thank you very much for the quick workaround for at weapons smile_o.gif

DAC V1.1 Gosh I can't wait!! Movable Zones??? Whooo

If there is ever a public workshop and I'm able to attend, I'll buy you a crate of beers smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have created a set of scripts that dramatically improve the AI's survivability and common sense. They no longer charge headlong into the enemy, they advance more slowly and cautiously when enemies are nearby, they enter buildings and they go to 'stealth' mode and 'limited' speed when enmies are detected. Also, these scripts are relatively light.

Yay.... If you get this done, or need help, please post something... I am very interested in these aspects... it sounds totally awesome!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I found the problem! It had to do with the combatmode the group was in. Now it works! I'll try to slap together a demomission so you can all enjoy the improved AI. I don't know how fast I'll be able to publish it tho. Real Life is calling for me. icon_rolleyes.gif

hi smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Movable zones?! Sounds great, just what we need! Will this make a progressive advance possible? What I mean with that is that after a certain area has been taken (checked by a simple 'all enemies dead' trigger) the WP-zone for the troops that have taken the area can be moved to a new area. And after that area has been taken, the zone will move to another area, etc.. Will that be possible? I certainly hope so.

Exactly those are possible with it.

Here a text which I have already sent to a close person wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Now the DAC permits that during a mission zones get a new position.

Besides, still the dimensions of a zone can be changed by such an action.

By this Feature it is possible, for example to move groups and their operation area to a new location.

Or you can place waypoint zones any time on new positions to make the fights even more exciting and even more unpredictable.

Groups can start when required a retreat in remote areas, or attack also sometimes unexpectedly the enemy in own area.

Own generated groups can be steered about this possibility indirectly.

There are certainly even other possibilities which do not occur to me at the moment, however;-)

What happens if one or also several zones get a new position assigned?

DAC notes the Positions change and begins immediately with it,

to generate new waypoints on that new position.

Before DAC still examines how many waypoints of every unit category existing in the respective zone,

to put the same number of waypoints again at possession.

If the new waypoints were generated successfully, DAC exchanges the old positions with the new positions.

Now the groups are informed about these changes in the waypoint Pool.

With the next stop, thus if the groups have reached her topical waypoint,

checks every group whether it is concerned by the change and then receives the new waypoints.

If camps are also concerned by zones Change, they become

to suitable groups her camps diminish, and rebuild in new position.

No matter whether master zone or waypoint zone, whether a single zone, or directly several zones are anew placed,

DAC does everything automatically.

The new feature is steered through a script call:

Code Sample

[[zone],[newPosition],[[newDimensions]]]exe "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Move_Zone.sqs"

----------------------------------------------------------

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I found the problem! It had to do with the combatmode the group was in. Now it works! I'll try to slap together a demomission so you can all enjoy the improved AI. I don't know how fast I'll be able to publish it tho. Real Life is calling for me.

This pleases me that you have found the mistake.

I am curious already what your changes cause smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">If there is ever a public workshop and I'm able to attend, I'll buy you a crate of beers

I cannot reject this offer. Maybe you can redeem your offer on the next Mapfact Workshop tounge2.gif

bye

silola

I'm working on a campaign which massively uses DAC so I'm really anxious about the new AI biggrin_o.gif

Also some questions (actually a single one): When creating spawn zones, it isn't clear to me if I declare, say

z1[1,0,0]...

z2[2,0,0]...

and a spawn zone

sp[1,0,0]...

Will this spawn zone be available only to z1 or to both zones? And does the global/local spawn parameter influence this? Please don't point me to the readme, as I read it a couple of times and this still isn't clear to me. I need this because on maps with more islands I don't want that a dead squad on island A to be respawned on island B. I'm aware of workarounds such as defining spawn points in a master zone, but I think this way, things can (or could) be defined more precise.

I'm joining the "this is the best addon for OFP" club notworthy.gif

hi again smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I'm working on a campaign which massively uses DAC so I'm really anxious about the new AI

I also thumbs-up.gif

However, I would still like to point out to the fact that the AI is improved and extended by the patch.

In addition, an AI Addon appears shortly after the patch that is fully DAC compatible (DAC_KI_Addon = 2) smile_o.gif

I could also fancy very well, that we together develop a new one AI Addon (DAC_KI_Addon = 3) wink_o.gif

The standard scripts are preserved (reduce, respawn, movement, call support) and only the behavior

in enemy's contact is modified and developed. This is only one simple idea wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Also some questions (actually a single one): When creating spawn zones, it isn't clear to me if I declare, say

z1[1,0,0]...

z2[2,0,0]...

and a spawn zone

sp[1,0,0]...

Will this spawn zone be available only to z1 or to both zones? And does the global/local spawn parameter influence this?

The Respawn camps have nothing to do with this setting, because they are stationary and have no waypoints.

This parameter is responsible only for it, zones in their same waypoints were generated (the same unit category) to connect.

The Respawn can be influenced only by the parameter global / local.

But hey, this is a good idea to influence the Respawn also by this parameter smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Well, I have uploaded the file to filefront, pending approval. This is the first file I have uploaded through filefront, I hope the service is any good.

Quote[/b] ]I could also fancy very well, that we together develop a new one AI Addon (DAC_KI_Addon = 3) wink_o.gif

The standard scripts are preserved (reduce, respawn, movement, call support) and only the behavior

in enemy's contact is modified and developed. This is only one simple idea wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif I appreciate your confidence in me. I hope you'll like the scripts I have come up with. After you have played the demomissions you can choose how to best implement them into DAC.

Why don't you put it on rapidshare? There you don't have to wait for pending whistle.gif .

Hey, good idea, thanks.

Note: Uwar_grass is required for the missions (for atmosphere).

Uwar grass

linky:

rapidshare:

AI examplemissions v2

filefront:

AIExamplemissions v2

and a little story:

I have not yet had the time to write a proper readme and polish the download files. I will write proper readmes for everything if you want me to and if I can spare the time. Here's some info one the download file:

contained in the file are 3 missions:

- loneman.abel (pbo and editor) title: 'Taking Chapoi'

- AIexample.noe (pbo and editor) title: 'That fearful night'

- modified_DAC_11_AI_Reaction (editor)

the first two missions are WITHOUT DAC but they show how the scripts impact on AI behaviour and show how to use the script in a non-DAC mission. The last mission is an implementation of the scripts in one of the DAC demomissions. Next to the AI scripts I have also included some of the other scripts I use to enhance my gameplay experience (rackove, environment,supportvehicle,uwar_grass)

The only mission with a proper readme is 'Taking Chapoi' (loneman.abel), which explains some of the scripts:

Quote[/b] ] This mission includes most of the scripts I usually use in the missions I make for myself. Especially the AI scripts keep OFP interesting for me. With this script running the AI will

be more cautious, it will make better use of cover when under fire, it will enter buildings when possible and it will not send its men on suicide missions. Combat will be less fast-paced though,

this was intended but may not be to everyones liking.

The scripts are virtually lag-free but should you run into trouble I recommend disabling rackove.sqs (can be done by editing the mission) or the uwar_grass script (can be done in the init.sqs).

Required addons: Uwar_grass

I recommend FFUR2006 for playing the mission, but it is not required.

1.adveast.sqs and advwest.sqs; these are essentially the same scripts with the only difference that each of them

uses a different array to check for enemies.

this script does the following:

- it disables the 'target' AI for each soldier in the group

- it sets the behaviour of a group to 'stealth' and speed to 'limited' when an

enemy is detected within 275 meters.

- it activates the script 'speak.sqs', which makes the soldiers say stuff,

making them more 'real'.

- it activates the script 'getcover.sqs', which makes the soldiers move into

enterable buildings within 25 meters when enemies are detected or,

when there are no buildings around, makes them move more cautiously.

- it activates the script 'caution.sqs', which makes the soldiers move more

cautiously when near (180 meters) to enemies when they have not yet detected them.

- it lets the soldiers speak out when enemies are detected.

To set up the script: make 2 triggers; one to detect all east units in an area and one to detect all west units.

In the activation field type DAC_east_units= thislist and DAC_west_units= thislist respectively.

Type [group this] exec "adveast.sqs" or [group this] exec "advwest.sqs" in one(!wink_o.gif of the group's

soldiers init line, depending on the side of the group. If you are not using DAC in your mission make

a logic with: Wvehicles= []; Evehicles= [] in its init line.

You can also check the

demo-missions to see how this is done.

The script is set up in such a way that soldiers can join or leave the group without disturbing the scripts's effects.

2. supportvehicle.sqs;

This script makes a designated vehicle follow the leader of the group it is designated to around at a safe distance,

so that the entire group will not be killed when the vehicle is detroyed.

To run this script type in the init line of one of the soldiers of the group: [group this,(the name of the vehicle),

(the name of an object you want the vehicle to move to when the entire

group is killed),(the distance you want the vehicle to remain from

the leader of the group, 32 is a good distance)] exec "supportvehicle.sqs"

3. Environment.sqs;

As OFP lacks environmental sounds IMO. I have taken some sounds from the internet and created this script. It will create

the sounds by continiously moving gamelogics around the players position and letting these gamelogics say a specific soumd

For more details see the script + the mission. The sounds you can choose from as of yet are defined in the description.txt

4. uwar_grass; not my product but I have altered the initline (found in init.sqs) in such a way that a relatively small

amount of grass follows the player around in such a way that it looks like there is grass everywhere near the player.

Please note that the generated grass I used in this mission does not obstruct AI

vision.

5. Rackove.sqs; not my product again, but taken from a mission from CWC. I have altered the script slightly so that a limited amount

of birds circle near the players position. Run by typing [] exec "rackove.sqs", in any init line you like, I

placed a seperate gamelogic for the script in the demo-mission.

6. Spawn.sqs; I have created this script for this mission only, it moves the group the player is in + the supportvehicle m1

to a random location around the town.

Have fun, and report back!

Sounds promising smile_o.gif . DLing now. If it proves bug free, I'll probably include it in my missions. It would be great what Silola proposed, that you two would cooperate on this and make a real nasty AI wink_o.gif

EDIT: Played the missions, and I really liked the way the combat is changed biggrin_o.gif . I like static fights, they look more realistic. I know the AI is the focus, but there are some issues with the missions. DAC mission is ok, but Taking Chapoi reported me missing addon BMP2 (when played without FFUR 2006), and the night mission didn't even load (asked for DMA_Lybia and VTE_Land). Are they really needed or can I just delete them from the needed addons list?

Glad to hear that you liked the new AI. Me, I will never go back to standard OFP AI. When playing a standard mission I always convert it to include the better AI. smile_o.gif A reminder about the 2 non-DAC missions; the starting location of the attacking party changes each time you play the mission. So in 'Taking Chapoi' the players starting location is different every time and the enemies starting locations change in 'That fearful night'.

About the errors:

BMP2 is a resistance addon I believe (FFUR just replaces it). You should already have it. If the mission ran fine, just ignore the erromessage. I found out that a libya gamelogic has found its way into the nightmission. It works fine now. I don't know where the VTE_Land error comes from, as I don't get it when playing without addons and it isnt listed in the mission.sqm. The only addons I use are the 2 uwar_pbo's, cti_markers and FFUR replacement islands.

I have updated the link with the updated missions. I hope they run fine now:

AI examplemissions v2

Uh oh, rapidshare!, could somebody please host in anthoer location? Rapidshare doesn't like shared IP's and refuses to work for me.

Many thanks

Silola,

If you can hold off releasing your patch, I might have something to offer as well.  It would be a function suite that takes an array of 2D positions, and returns an array that indexes the positions to make the shortest round trip, measured by straight line distance. Right now, I only have the algorithm coded for one way trips, not for a circular route, but I think I could hack it up quickly. Missus PNut is away for a couple weeks and I need a few little projects to keep me out of trouble.

I have a demo of the one way trip. If you would like PM me your email and I will send it to you.

hi,

Which sense it does for the Ki to go always the shortest way.

Or if I have misunderstood this now.

A specific feature of DAC is without doubt the unpredictability.

The routes of all units are chosen by random.

Thus it can happen under circumstances that a vehicle suddenly comes back.

It is not foreseeable. I love these situations.

Or should this function be used only in certain situations?

Sorry if I have understood this suggestion not properly.

bye

silola

Filefront linky:

AI examplemissionsv2

updated the larger post aswell.

I'm gonna check your scripts out this weekend. It sounds really promising... How much work is there left, you think, to implement all features DAC Compatible? smile_o.gif

DAC with KI Addon is already so magnificent.. I am truelly drowling when reading the extra features of your AI script s:))

Quote[/b] ]How much work is there left, you think, to implement all features DAC Compatible?

The scripts are now fully functional under DAC. Have fun with them smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How much work is there left, you think, to implement all features DAC Compatible?

The scripts are now fully functional under DAC. Have fun with them smile_o.gif

You're F.ing kidding me?? (sorry for my harsh word smile_o.gif)

You just made me do a few 360's in my chair!!! smile_o.gif))

Thanks! and again Thanks! Going into them already now and implement them straight away in my +- 60 DAC Coop missions smile_o.gif

PS, this is Multiplayer coop compatible right? smile_o.gif

And have Server/dedicated server been taken into account, so the ai scripts are synchronised over all clients? It seems that it will run different on each client because aimaster.sqs is called in dac_cache_units at the end of it, instead of on server-only (if that's possible) the thing is... the advwest/east scripts both have random values in them, so if this will run on each client, it will cause problems, am I right?

So:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(local server): [] exec "aimaster.sqs"in dac_cache_units.sqs would fix that... but is the script working in this way? Or do we have to make ?(local server) checks in the individual scripts, otherwise the speak script will not work?

I actually am not really up2date on which features can be ran server-only in general, that will still happen on all clients, and which features required to be runned on the server and all the clients...

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">my +- 60 DAC Coop missions

wow_o.gif

@Zendjir:

------------

I am not sure yet whether your scripts do not influence too much the DAC AI negatively.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"it disables the 'target' AI for each soldier in the group"

"it sets the behaviour of a group to 'stealth' and speed to 'limited' when an

enemy is detected within 275 meters."

In DAC the behavior of the units is dependent on the Skill of the leader,

or on the average Skill of the whole group.

The groups thereby not always behave immediately.

This provides for change and dynamism.

With Your variation the unities behave always after the same pattern.

Now this is no criticism, only another point of view wink_o.gif

In the next version DAC 1.1, the AI will also use buildings, if there is the possibility.

The DAC will use his own building scanner. This can be activated optional in every zone.

The scanner works, while the waypoints are generated.

Then the grasped buildings are made available the for the AI. smile_o.gif

bye

silola