Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack 3 - Nordic

ahhhm... berghoff are you german? because i have some questions about your plants pack... maybe you can send me a pm... its important... so plz answer... i like my mother-tongue more than english^^

He is dutch AFAIK smile_o.gif

Anyway, very nice pack, gonna try to replace them with the standard trees! biggrin_o.gif

Looks Outstanding maestro! we got the god's of nature and trees.

But I still hope you've fixed the AI problem in woods.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I've tested with the AI in the pine forest and they just walk normally thru it. smile_o.gif

Don't know if this has already been brought up, but is there any way you could lessen the LOD changes in future releases? The trees are superb up close, but at distances, they look totally different to what they are. For example, a light green conifer looks nearly black at a distance.

Guess this isn't the place to ask questions huh.gif

Shadow NX already answered your question. It adds new islands, no converting. So you have to open up an island in the list which has NORDIC in it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have never used these packs before and there is nothing in the readme.

Will take another look. smile_o.gif

really great trees, nice features in the forest too. Keep the good work! biggrin_o.gif

where do i get these replacement islands for Malden, Everon, Kolgujev and Nogova ? i downloaded both links from first post none of them have the islands in ?

where do i get them from please?

Hey Berghoff, love ya trees!

I´m already using those trees as replacement on the BIS islands and again it feels like new thumbs-up.gif

There´s just 1 major bug which will put me off using this addon if it won´t get fixed..

While playing some CWC missions i noticed that the trees have very "un"clean hitzones- meaning if i wanna hit a target behind the tree it´s almost undoable because of an invisible wall which seems to be thrice as wide as the actual log crazy_o.gif

The problem of changing lods during normal gameplay (should´nt switch cause it´s disabled in my flashpoint.cfg) can be overseen, but these invisible walls are really gettin me nuts.

Besides that it´s all fine and will bring new joy to a now old game! Keep up the good work and take your time doing so smile_o.gif

Small update available at: OFP Nature Pack homepage

Quick download link: NaturePack3_v1.00

Quote[/b] ]While playing some CWC missions i noticed that the trees have very "un"clean hitzones- meaning if i wanna hit a target behind the tree it´s almost undoable because of an invisible wall which seems to be thrice as wide as the actual log
Unfortunatly I lost my ofp edit folder while formatting were I had all files. I can only acces them via ODOL explorer but I'm not sure if it messes up anything. This update only changed a few lod textures.

Screenies:

1 - 2 - 3 - 5

Downloading now, eager to see how you've improved the LODs.  smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Loaded up the foliage in the mission editor next to some original foliage, and just thought "wow". But I still can't use these. sad_o.gif Firstly, I havn't tried every single bush or tree, but many of them cannot be shot through at all. Secondly, the LOD changes are just too drastic. Everything about the LODs change: the colour, the size and the shape. huh.gif

Here is the last update that adds some heavily snowed trees I've been working on for a while:

BRG_EN_110.jpg

BRG_EN_110_2.jpg

New trees

Quote[/b] ]v1.10 (Winter Addon 1)

- Added: Winter tree set (19 NEW MODELS)

- Fixed: Fire Geolod on Apple, Linden trees

- Fixed: Geometry not working on Linden tree

- Changed: 3 Summer Oriental Spruces to more realistic models like the winter ones

Quote[/b] ]Trees Winter:

- 9 Oriental spruces

- 2 Junipers

- 2 Oriental Pines

Bushes:

- 1 Grass

- 1 Bush

Misc:

- 1 Destroyed Pine

- 2 Tree Road Blocks

Forest:

- 1 Oriental Pine Forest

Download from www.ofpc.de: OFPR_BRG_EN_v1.10

Quote[/b] ]Secondly, the LOD changes are just too drastic. Everything about the LODs change: the colour, the size and the shape.
The LODS always change to a more '2d' shape to color have been approved in the last update on some models. Next time I'll be more carefull when it comes to LODs, I haven't been long in the editing world so I'm still learning new things each time.
Quote[/b] ]but many of them cannot be shot through at all
Some shrubs (small trees) have branches that block bullets indeed, the normal bushes have an empty firelod.

Incredible !! I wrote a news aboute that on OFPC PL

I have a issue with the Nordic Everon atleast.. Forrests dont block the AI's line of sight.. OR atleast not RHS MBTs and SFP4..

Kinda ruins that nice ambush spot overlooking the road from Levie and Laruns.. sad_o.gif

i have a small suggestion for the next release...

put some grass or similar on the ground around the trees, just to make them blend in with the ground better..

would look a lot better then just a sharp edge where the tree meets the ground smile_o.gif

Very nice trees, bushes and grass! Love the fallen winter trees... a summer version would be nice to have  wink_o.gif

Found an issue testing 1.10, I got the following error in the editor:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Can't open object brg_en/bush_3.p3d

And maybe related to the above error is that the object "Tree Poplar 1" have some untextured stuff at ground level when getting close.

Thanks, very nice!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Quote[/b] ]Forrests dont block the AI's line of sight..
This is an OFP issue. Forest never block AI's LOS afaik.
Quote[/b] ]put some grass or similar on the ground around the trees, just to make them blend in with the ground better..

Hmm didn't really noticed it, will be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]And maybe related to the above error is that the object "Tree Poplar 1" have some untextured stuff at ground level when getting close.
How could I missed that :P Now fixed.

The .p3d is prolly related to binarizing because sometimes it messes up things.

The next update will contain some new bushes/shrubs.