Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Crikey!

They have modelled the complete underside of the car!

YES!  I was impressed too.

Empty flat world... It is depressing

heh yeah no cover at all... i hope the island is not one of those features that are in the 70% complete range

In an article written by BIS it was stated that the island had two types of land,the south being something I forgot and the north being European.

They could also be using a small portion for testing and whatnot,like desert island.

The installation process was using some copy protection tools like StarForce and 3 activation keys.

Ehrm..

Starforce?

Doesn't that destroy games?

Ehrm.. *goes off to kill myself*

Anyone noticed this?

3 movies

Seems they didnt finish the physics yet rofl.gif

But the fire from the vehicles looks good already, and they got rid of the paper crumbling.

That was the worst filmer ever...

The demo is for official use only. They don't want it getting in our hands. (But I wish they would)

I doubt BIS will put StarForce in the final game. Well it's up to the publisher that they don't have anyways. Starforce was put in the demo by IDEA Games.

if starforce protection, arma is the next game i dont install.

gt legends was a must have game for me- they decided to protect it with starforce, so i didnt bought the game...sad if this would happen with arma. dont know if BIS influence for such an important decision is big or small...

starforce huh.gifsad_o.gifmad_o.gifbanghead.gifpistols.gifwow_o.gifgoodnight.gif

i know nothing is confirmed yet-

BIS already said no to starforce, maybe it's just some publisher trying to firce it on them.

Anyways, has anyone here seen the 5year anniversary press kits video? Amazing how many soldiers they had on screen at once. Gonna buy armed assault, but i'll probably dl a starforceless version...

Discussing copy protections contravenes forum rules. Discussing it any further may result in people being banned.

Publishers decide copy protection for retail products, so the whole point is moot.

Before:

Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: H1 2006

Publisher: To be determined

Now:

Armed Assault

Format: PC DVD

Genre: First person military combat simulation

Release date: Q3 2006

Q3 is pretty near now.

We could get a demo soon (1 month?) biggrin_o.gif

the omitted publisher, as you can see from above, means they will not use one?

I think its very odd that they didn't found 1 to fit their ideas and expectations

Discussing copy protections contravenes forum rules. Discussing it any further may result in people being banned.

Publishers decide copy protection for retail products, so the whole point is moot.

Perhaps if I close this thread for a while people will actually be capable of discussing something without breaking clear forum rules and without ignoring my clear instructions.

Question 9:

When are you planning to release the game?

Paul: We're planning to release the game at Q3 2006 as listed in the latest press release to celebrate Operation Flashpoint's 5 year anniversary: http://www.bistudio.com/presspa....ry.html

Old good info... isn´t this Q3 soon, what month is that?

Question 9:

Paul: We're planning to release the game at Q3 2006 as listed in the latest press release to celebrate Operation Flashpoint's 5 year anniversary: http://www.bistudio.com/presspa....ry.html

Q3 => July, October, September.

we are already in Q3.

choose a date.

I figured, 4 days past Q2(EDIT) Q3.... smile_o.gif

Question 9:

we are already in Q3.

choose a date.

hmm skips August eh? LOL

hmm skips August eh? LOL

wink_o.gif

don't ask me.. ask bis tounge2.gif

rofl.gif

Q1=January, February, March.

Q2=April, May, June.

Q3=July, August, September.

Q4=October, November, December.

... Just in case any others don't know the calendar!   biggrin_o.gif

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

Never heard of a game getting delayed? Its standard, if a developer/publisher anounces a release date, add at least 6 months wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ofpforum Posted on July 05 2006,02:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Delirium @ July 05 2006,01:24)

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

Never heard of a game getting delayed? Its standard, if a developer/publisher anounces a release date, add at least 6 months

How many times should i add 6 moths at least?

Quote[/b] ]ofpforum Posted on July 05 2006,02:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Delirium @ July 05 2006,01:24)

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

Never heard of a game getting delayed? Its standard, if a developer/publisher anounces a release date, add at least 6 months  

How many times should i add 6 moths at least?

Just keep adding until the game is released tounge2.gif

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

You forgot the dates before... 2004...late 2005... etc.

S.D.

I smell someone will lock this thread again.. if we don't change subject fast.

the latest update we have so far is the video from william blog..

its show us some nice improvements in physics, IMO.

NOTE: someone locked the thread created for ArmA physic subject so i can not post there. ill have to post here instead.

i think they have already improved some physics has we can see in that video. You can notice some bumps when hummv pass over small rocks in the road and also when the hummv goes to the side road wich has a little elevation. Any more improvements noticed?

I noticed that too. A really liked the HDR and the shadows. Also, the car movement (physics?) and usage looked much more improved. Nice. smile_o.gif

Apart from the very poor standard of driving in the map (was it AI or human?), the handling of the car appeared to be a huge improvment on OFP. For once it appears that we may get wheeled vehicles that dont have a longer braking distance than a supertanker!

The colours looked too bright in some places, a little garish to be honest. Hopefully this is adjustable in some way to tone the colour down a little to give a more natural appearance.