Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

that's already possible in OFP, the BAS Helocrew had this feature.

It's a simple alpha texture placed before the players face so he is looking through it.

that's already possible in OFP, the BAS Helocrew had this feature.

It's a simple alpha texture placed before the players face so he is looking through it.

Thats cool.

It looks very weird to see the shovel and sleeping bag atached to US body armor crazy_o.gif .

IMO those tihngs make them look much more badass tounge2.gif

And yeah, the NS army doesnt look as perfect as the US army, but its still very nice and IMO BI doenst have to delay the game again for this wink_o.gif

yeah in my opinion its sorta cool to see the north sara army have those little bits that are sorta old. gives them more of a commie feel rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]also notice if and how the enemy soldier (ai) lean. wink_o.gif

How do you know the guy he's shooting at is AI and where do you see him lean?

A) this video shows that he spawned from the editor.

B) Weve seen them do it in another vid.

There are no loading times/death screens after you die and when you respawn in MP, so it must be SP wink_o.gif

Sunglasses that tint the screen would be a cool feature! tounge2.gif

wearing a pair of sunglasses whilst you play the game would do that rofl.gif

once i had red ski googles when i stayed up 32 hours or something playing in lan during a hot and very bright summer. tounge2.gif

Also those new pics posted in the screenshot thread came with a Finnish interview (PCpelaaja) , already translated and can be read

HERE

The screenshots are from ArmA build .23 (early October)

Nothing new for OFP fans tho.

*oops there's already a thread about this , sorry.

question 1- sorry about these dumb questions but some screenshots have these PERFECTLY cone shape green tree looking things in them.  whats up with that? can someone explain what those things are? thanks.

here is an example.

http://www.armacz.com/photogallery.php?photo=436

maybe i am looking at older screenshots or something?

question 2 - does this game take advantage of dual core processors.

question 3 - sorry i'm a newbie and have only played bf2/cs:s so bare with me plz. what happens when you die? do you have to wait till the round is over to spawn again like in cs:s or is it like bf2 where you respawn 15 secs or whatever after you die? i am obviously taking about the multi-player aspect of the game.

sorry about this dumb questions but some screenshots have these PERFECTLY cone shape green tree looking things in them. whats up with that? can someone explain what those things are? thanks.

here is an example.

http://www.armacz.com/photogallery.php?photo=436

maybe i am looking at older screenshots or something? anyways i am goign to stop blabbing now.

Those are cypresses

question 3 - sorry i'm a newbie and have only played bf2/cs:s so bare with me plz. what happens when you die? do you have to wait till the round is over to spawn again like in cs:s or is it like bf2 where you respawn 15 secs or whatever after you die? i am obviously taking about the multi-player aspect of the game.

That all depends on how the level is coded,some matches have a respawn thing others don't. But there is no jumping capability,please do not leave your team mates behind in a vehicle if you are the ONLY ONE in it. And for the love of *** practice in vehicles before attempting to use them online.

well I can't really say level..but moreso how the mission in the editor is coded.

question 3 - sorry i'm a newbie and have only played bf2/cs:s so bare with me plz.  what happens when you die? do you have to wait till the round is over to spawn again like in cs:s or is it like bf2 where you respawn 15 secs or whatever after you die? i am obviously taking about the multi-player aspect of the game.

Nope, Armed Assault does not take advantage of dual core processors. However, Game2 will.

We don't really know how dying will work in multiplayer. It will probably depend on what type of game you're playing. In OFP, sometimes you respawn. Other games don't let you respawn. Some games respawn you into the role of a previously AI controlled soldier. It just depends on what the mission maker decided on.

question 3 - sorry i'm a newbie and have only played bf2/cs:s so bare with me plz.  what happens when you die? do you have to wait till the round is over to spawn again like in cs:s or is it like bf2 where you respawn 15 secs or whatever after you die? i am obviously taking about the multi-player aspect of the game.

2. According to the FAQ, yes

3. Depends on the mission, there is no real 'round based' system, but different types of respawns can be made, from standard things like 'respawn where died', 'respawn at base', 'respawn at chosen location' and my favorite: 'no respawn/respawn as seagull', but other types (like some kind of medic based system, respawn only on certain conditions, for example when an objective has been completed, or when the entire squad has been wiped out) could be scripted. And ofcourse they can be mixed wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You raise an excellent point, ZigMaster. I'm pretty sure that maybe BIS might possibly do something probably at some time in the near future that implements these effects, perhaps.

Like you said - who knows?

Perhaps you might maybe be right at some time in the near future maybe that BIS might do something that might affect us in some probably way maybe, but perhaps speculation is all just a little too stupid because maybe it doesn't contribute to anything except bandwidth usage, so maybe what we're doing right now and pretty much everyone else in this forum might just be a waste of bandwidth and doesn't add anything at all maybe to anything.

Who knows?

Well, since if you really make a great netcode, there is no reason that this would use any bandwith.

The AI software on all machines connected to an MP game is the exact same, so the AI will react the same if the situation is the same. This system is also seen in games like starcraft, where to only things that are transmitted through your internet connection, is you mouseclicks - nothing more. No unit-placement information is sent whatsoever.

Desync will be a terrible thing, though smile_o.gif - but I see no reason why head-movements, hand animations and other 'eye-catches' is synced on all PCs in an mp game.

Did you even bother to read our posts? Because your response has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.

one question, is aa engine capable of doing reload animation? (to se the clip being removed from the gun and them put it again)

We know the OFP engine pretty good, but as for the ArmA engine the most we can do is speculate...

Just wait till ArmA comes out, then we will see what the great minds of the mod and addon makers can come up with!

one question, is aa engine capable of doing reload animation? (to se the clip being removed from the gun and them put it again)

Oh, I hope so!  Reviewers complained that it was missing in Elite.

But anyway, I'm not sure if this was confirmed for ArmA.  It would be strange if we have an ANIMATED TRIGGER FINGER, but no animated magazine removal.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Quote[/b] ]You raise an excellent point, ZigMaster. I'm pretty sure that maybe BIS might possibly do something probably at some time in the near future that implements these effects, perhaps.

Like you said - who knows?

Perhaps you might maybe be right at some time in the near future maybe that BIS might do something that might affect us in some probably way maybe, but perhaps speculation is all just a little too stupid because maybe it doesn't contribute to anything except bandwidth usage, so maybe what we're doing right now and pretty much everyone else in this forum might just be a waste of bandwidth and doesn't add anything at all maybe to anything.

Who knows?

Well, since if you really make a great netcode, there is no reason that this would use any bandwith.

The AI software on all machines connected to an MP game is the exact same, so the AI will react the same if the situation is the same. This system is also seen in games like starcraft, where to only things that are transmitted through your internet connection, is you mouseclicks - nothing more. No unit-placement information is sent whatsoever.

Desync will be a terrible thing, though smile_o.gif - but I see no reason why head-movements, hand animations and other 'eye-catches' is synced on all PCs in an mp game.

Did you even bother to read our posts? Because your response has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Weren't we talking about bandwith sucking of useless things like the trigger-animation and random headmovements on AI?

If we are talking about CPU usesage, yep then im way off... But the point still stands. There is no need to transmit these information in MP, and therefor wont affect network bandwith.

i think some times i really would have wanted the horn that you sound off to people that it would work in Multiplayer.. cause sometimes when you are sitting in a truck and want to get your friends attention or get them to hurry to the truck to flee from oncoming tanks or something crazy_o.gif the car horn would be nice to have to signal to people quickly. wink_o.gif

i think some times i really would have wanted the horn that you sound off to people that it would work in Multiplayer.. cause sometimes when you are sitting in a truck and want to get your friends attention or get them to hurry to the truck to flee from oncoming tanks or something crazy_o.gif the car horn would be nice to have to signal to people quickly. wink_o.gif

it works smile_o.gif