Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

i just cant wait to get back out in the field and go, 'hey i feel like going from point a to point b' and being able to do it any way i want to even if it is through a divsion of tanks taking on a enemy division of tanks

What are the system specs of the computer that was running this lag free tank battle ?

AMD XP 3000+, ATI x1600pro, viewdistance at 900m. (From ArmedAssault.EU).

Wow thats great I have a AMD XP 3000+ and a XFX 7800 GS. So I'm in good shape for ArmA! biggrin_o.gif

I also uploaded the new video to youtube.

I've also uploaded it to http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=13713

Please go over and vote it high so it'll get onto the front page, videos on the front page regularly get over 100k in views and thats a good thing!

ArmA is shapeing up nicely , I see that Assault rifles ricochet now not just MG's & Chain guns as in OFP:E . Good stuf biggrin_o.gif

Id like to see a combined arms video that would be cool

ArmA is going to be Awesome ofplover.gif

really sweet video i can't describe my feelings, only thingy is i hope they work more on the lean anim but other than that i love it all. smile_o.gif

now I won't complain if it's released as is... but I think they should delay the instant-sprint with a little transition. not even a 100m sprinter can set off as fast as these soldiers smile_o.gif

maybe the animation just doesn't fit together yet or something though.

The lean is fine, just need to see the scoped sight leaning as well (like the ironsights).

And the sprint looks like he's got 1.5m long legs. Ah well.

And the sprint looks like he's got 1.5m long legs. Ah well.

The stance transitions are great i think.

The walk on crouching is not, sure you can do it in RL but you wont be able to aim for shit and your knees will hurt in a matter of seconds, they took that from other games but it wasnt needed and it looks silly, i hope its reconsidered...

The body rotation is the old spin around with no body motion but with the legs spread like that its not looking very.. well.

The movement animations feel a bit rough, maybe its because of all the units the engine can handle or maybe its something to be improved further smile_o.gif .

edit:

Something i dont like and has been bugging for a while...

The pinkish hands/skin colour..

*constructive criticism* whistle.gif .

What are the system specs of the computer that was running this lag free tank battle ?

AMD XP 3000+, ATI x1600pro, viewdistance at 900m. (From ArmedAssault.EU).

Wow thats great I have a AMD XP 3000+ and a XFX 7800 GS. So I'm in good shape for ArmA! biggrin_o.gif

I also uploaded the new video to youtube.

I've also uploaded it to http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=13713

Please go over and vote it high so it'll get onto the front page, videos on the front page regularly get over 100k in views and thats a good thing!

This video seems to be popular on youtube which is good for ArmA!

Quote[/b] ]Honors for This Video

#54 - Top Rated (Today)

#7 - Top Rated (Today) - Video Games

#84 - Most Viewed (Today) - Video Games

In the video, in the bit where it the US squad leader. You look like u can command more than 12 troops notworthy.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I agree... The animation of the falling-to-ground soldier is very crappy... A trained soldier would never fall down like that... It won't take many minutes in a combat zone before the soldier is unable to move at all...

I wonder why they changed the old animation from OFP?

The lean is fine, just need to see the scoped sight leaning as well (like the ironsights).

Nah he's aiming correctly just leaning as he does it, its not a mistake theres even an anim when the player presses v showing the soldier moving the gun into aim with his eye

Quote[/b] ]I agree... The animation of the falling-to-ground soldier is very crappy... A trained soldier would never fall down like that... It won't take many minutes in a combat zone before the soldier is unable to move at all...

i dunno, i thought it was gd, ive always been told to do it like that, although i dont like the feet flipping up at the end

bootneckofficer

- The viewdistance couldn't be more than 2000 metres... I thought we were promised an astounding view in AA... each video seems to have a smaller viewdistance.

View distance is dependant on config on the machine, but more importantly weather conditions. Not every video is going to show the max view distance.

..i hope they work more on the lean anim..

I agree, the lean need to be worked abit.

There are some bugs yet about shadows.

Also the sounds look very similar to the unrealistic OFP (tanks explosions, firing, moving etc) (sounds could be worked out abit in a realistic way)

Nah he's aiming correctly just leaning as he does it, its not a mistake theres even an anim when the player presses v showing the soldier moving the gun into aim with his eye

Quote[/b] ]I agree... The animation of the falling-to-ground soldier is very crappy... A trained soldier would never fall down like that... It won't take many minutes in a combat zone before the soldier is unable to move at all...

i dunno, i thought it was gd, ive always been told to do it like that, although i dont like the feet flipping up at the end

bootneckofficer

Thats what im talking about. The guy is ruining his knees-

lol Stav, this Preview is in german ^^ biggrin_o.gif

Not new informations in this magazine. Interessting for guys: What is ArmA?

btw: bis-ingame Link not found in the Preview. :/ I wrote that Torsten per ICQ.. pfff.... bis-ingame must be well very bad.. no Newsstealing, no copy/paste, we use a source .. blabla Perhaps it is better without source, blabla :x > OT

About the lean. I suggest you stand up and try leaning how the unit does in the game. It hurts if you go out as far as he does with your legs stationairy. Now try it and bend the leg out that your leaning on so it looks like something like this: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/Westy159/moomoo.jpg

It feels much better.

True, they should indeed let the soldiers legs move as well... He will never be able to shoot in a stance like that.

really hope they fix where the Russian or opfor soldier's hands that go thru his AK47/74. Plz bis fix that, The AK's in Operation Flashpoint always looked looked liked were made out of a little branch to make the peice were the hands keeps it it up to aim... They hand thru the gun animation is the only thing that anoys me of all the arma pics ive seen other than that the game is perfect as is...

does arma support lightmap and multitexturing?

Yes,how many people are going to ask the obvious? Just look at the images close enough and you'll see.