Sign in to follow this  
spad

FOR WH40K fan

I think that, with enough skill and effort, a working (dropships, big-bum guns and so on) Battleship could be created. It'd need a HELL of a lot of scripting, though.

that could work bu meh im no sqripter im currently trying to learn how to mod i have done a basic model in o2 (a strange messed up cube thing sad_o.gif ) but since i have no internet (i steal the colleges one whistle.gif ) its hard to get the stuff i need.

any way i just found out nids are possible in ofp just look at the aliens pack and its all thanks to the raptors and the jurassic park team

hope to realese soon

That Aliens mod is a blast man. My problem is I have way to many friggen' addons. I don't know what the deal is, but once I have so many active, I get an error saying that I don't have enough video memory. Oh well... I love that Unified Zombie Mod too... would be kind of cool to use for Necron Warriors... using the ressurect and all. *Shruggs* ^_^

Well, the resurrect script is easy, just use _x setdammage 0

AFAIK It will give you a bit strange result in MP wink_o.gif

Here's a random question. There are tons of 3DS models on this one website, some for free, and one of them is the Terran Battlecruiser from Starcraft. Since the model is already complete, and from what I've read, programmed, how hard would that be to turn into a *.PBO and an Addon?

It'd be quite easy, I guess. All you'd need to do is collect all the files and then use a PBOing program (is MakePBO one?) then make it a .PBO.

It'd be quite easy, I guess. All you'd need to do is collect all the files and then use a PBOing program (is MakePBO one?) then make it a .PBO.

Then you guess wrong. When you import 3ds model to o2, you get only one LOD (the high-poly one). So you still need some resolution LODs (to make and to map textures) and all those geometry, fire geometry, memory ect. LODs. You have to make config as well. Consequently it's a lot of work.

Wow, doesn't really sound all that appealing in the long run to do, fortunately, I know a programmer who's familiar with that stuff. A Terran Battlecruiser would make a cool addon I think. I must say, that Battlefield 2 WH40K mod should be pretty interesting when they have Thunderhawks that can carry and drop off 2 Rhinos or 1 Landraider... that'd be pretty sweet. What may be a pain though is how they have to issue out limited Terminator armors... and I just KNOW people will be whoring 'em.

That's what I'm sayin'... although technically I can't anymore. We don't question the mod makers! It angers the nurglings crazy_o.gif

BF2 Slander?! Sorry Timblesink... I am ashamed. huh.gif

Hopefully the creators weren't on some long boat or plane trip with all their equipment and files and some tragic accident occured and all was lost! ALL SEVEN YEARS LOST! NoOo0oOo0! Anyway... Dawn of War! I was downloading some new mods and I was wondering if there was a better Necron mod out there better than the "Mike's Mod" one. Not that he did a bad job or anything, just curious if there's one out there with a little more variety. Actually... I wish there was a way to merge mods. the Total War mod is glorious, but sadly, the Tau mod and the Steel Legion mod are seperate of one another. It'd be cool if there was a comprehensive Tau/Necron/Steel Legion/Total War/Half-Scale/Night Shift combo mod out there... well... having the extra races is great but I really want to maintain the triple squad cap.

Marco.A.Aguilar1: yes there are space battles in the 40k universe its called battle fleet gothic and the human fleet is controlled by the imperial navy (sum big document stoped the guard haven starships)

i would like to see these ships in the mod (looks like fighters, dropships,bombers and gunships only) but as all 40k fans know thay are to big

i hope they come back i want to play with the thunderhawk so badly

Hopefully the creators weren't on some long boat or plane trip with all their equipment and files and some tragic accident occured and all was lost!   ALL SEVEN YEARS LOST!   NoOo0oOo0!   Anyway... Dawn of War!   I was downloading some new mods and I was wondering if there was a better Necron mod out there better than the "Mike's Mod" one.   Not that he did a bad job or anything, just curious if there's one out there with a little more variety.   Actually... I wish there was a way to merge mods.   the Total War mod is glorious, but sadly, the Tau mod and the Steel Legion mod are seperate of one another.   It'd be cool if there was a comprehensive Tau/Necron/Steel Legion/Total War/Half-Scale/Night Shift combo mod out there... well... having the extra races is great but I really want to maintain the triple squad cap.

Seven years lost?

What the hell are you on about?!

OFP came out in june 2001!

And even then the mod wasnt started up till o2 was released! crazy_o.gif

Wildo

Well they are probably too big to be handled for anything more than messing around but as far as huge space hulks etc being incorporated eventually, it is possible. The star wars mod claim that they've got flyable (to scale) star destroyers (with interiors you can walk around and fight in) but i think you have to know when to draw the line... and bringing space combat into OFP is a lot of effort for something that is probably going to suck due to the engine limitations. Plus it isn't central to WH40k, i'd prefer the time and effort go into Orcs or Necrons biggrin_o.gif

If this mod is ever relieshed i hope they put the dark elder in it. Next to the necrons those guys ROCK!!!

Quote[/b] ]

Seven years lost?

What the hell are you on about?!

OFP came out in june 2001!

And even then the mod wasnt started up till o2 was released!  crazy_o.gif

Wildo

Did I say seven?   Uhm...  icon_rolleyes.gif I meant... less. whistle.gif

I personally like the Imperial Guard (always liked the humans/terrans in any game)(Space Marines are to much). If dealing with space craft is to much, it would be alright to see a couple of static battle ships in the air while the fights continue on ground. I wonder if ArmA would help with the whole space/interior of ship battle thing.

A co-worker of mine said it may have been something to do with the Heresy of Horus when an Emperor's campion took a chapter of space marines and assault the Imperial Palace. So it was something about one Army controlling a fleet and another needing the transportation but neither of them in control of one another... and something about not wanting to have TITAN regiments having a navy... *shruggs* confused_o.gif

well as i already , when i 'll have the first small campaign i 'll release all the work i done so

gentlemen time has come

it is my decision and only mine i'll put all the work (ofpscifi and mine) don't forget that this work is not only mine

some of them come from shard, archangel,spqr, yarbi,culexus,spad

campaign is from (MDD)eric

lot of them are still beta, so you can begin the public beta test.

wait the time i upload all the work

create  a wh40k folder and a addons folder in it

put the CAMP_W40_TAU_SM in the campaign folder

the two addons and addons1 rar in the addons folder of the wh40k mod (don't forget to creat a shortcut for the mini mod wh40k

example

in the target line

C:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nomap -nosplash -mod=WH40K