Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Music

I hope the new music will be as good as OFP. The music score from both the composer and Seventh was excellent. I really hope Seventh are in again (The email I got from them says they will do something for sure, which is good). Seeing as the last composer was under contract from BIS and not codemasters, he could be used again to create another top notch score.

First of all, it`s not the first `music` thread and might be locked quite fast...

However, It`s very important part of a game to me as I`m a musician. I`ll probably copy exactly what I`ve said somewhere else, but you know, seventh aren`t the band I would like to hear in game2.

It`s just me, I know, you musn`t agree with me Bordoy although you must admit something...

Game 2 really need a kickass soundtrack, no mather if it`s sort of underground rock or something (I don`t know how to call sevent`s music), or part of an opera.

Those guys are just too  unprofessional to me, maybe i`ts way to heavy word, but this garage-like playing just don`t fit in game2 imho.

Look at the bf2 music...greeeaaat, and then look at the bf vietnam. There`s a huge difference in those game`s soundtracks, in conclusion bf2`s one sucks.

I would like to see a mix of classic orchestral pieces and some good rock music, I mean classics like black sabbath and something new maybe.

Moreover the main theme could be done in both ways, with those electric guitar adds. There`s no need to compose new orchestral music, some great classic pieces would be good aswell as something completely new.

Well, I admit, those are just my dreams, and I should be prepared that none of them will come true.

Anyway, BIS please, make a good soundtrack in game2.

i think they should use 'em music from the matrix movies.. thats all you need biggrin_o.gif

cinematic themes that are played during action sequences in movies would be cool to have. i think the BF 2 music is very high quality actually tounge2.gif So is bfV to , its just in its own sort of music. Maybe Hell marsh tune from red alert 1 game , but slightly remixed tounge2.gif it would surely be off the top for a incoming enemies sort of theme i dunno.

the music in ofp was good and sometimes set the mood really nice, but i hope they will go with more or similar variations of music. Metallica and iron maiden would be cool to have in the game, Seek & destroy just listen to it and you think ofp directly. biggrin_o.gif Only thing is that Bis would have to pay hughe amounts of money to the music company capitalist pigs and bis would go bankcrupt crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

but what if bis makes a remix of many famous musics biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see a mix of classic orchestral pieces and some good rock music, I mean classics like black sabbath and something new maybe.

I wouldn't want classical music, it doesn't sound like war to me, but orchestral definately, like the stuff you hear in good movies.

And about rock, I'd like that but please no Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica or any other well-known band (well it's not gonna happen anyway), but: instrumental rock, instrumental hard rock, maybe even some instrumental heavy metal pistols.gif (heavy metal with brains, not any extreme shit, more like the music in FDFmod but no singing).

Definately NOT the music from Matrix crazy_o.gif

Have you ever played bf vietnam? It was arcadish but I`ll never forget moments like flying the huey with the Wild Thing playing...

I was thinking more about the greatest hits, connected somehow to the topic of war.

Black Sabbath - War pigs, an so on...

Not to mention Wagner`s `The ride of the Valkyries`.

And my number one - BHD, It has great soundtrack...

I hope they continue with the composer and a similar music style in correspondance with what he made in the first game....it was excellent in my opinion.

However I also hope that they will drop all the rock stuff, it doesn`t fit in at all, at least not in my ears.

Actually I still remember seeing the credits after the first game and the first thing that struck me was that the music was so out of place in terms of atmosphere and mood.

Seventh has got some musical skills but I think that he should focus on VBS1. His songs are not that good for games.

The other composer from CWC is the perfect man to make the soundtrack. The Kolgujev intro organ song is brilliant.

Seventh has got some musical skills but I think that he should focus on VBS1. His songs are not that good for games.

The other composer from CWC is the perfect man to make the soundtrack. The Kolgujev intro organ song is brilliant.

I think David and the rest of the BIA team will be concentrating on VBS1, though whats to stop BIS contacting David to see if him and the rest of his band want to put 4 songs together for 'game2'.

The music composed in OFP:CWC was composed by Czech composer Ondrej Matejka. I would like him to do it again though.

I think David and the rest of the BIA team will be concentrating on VBS1, though whats to stop BIS contacting David to see if him and the rest of his band want to put 4 songs together for 'game2'.

The music composed in OFP:CWC was composed by Czech composer Ondrej Matejka. I would like him to do it again though.

Matejka is working for BIS so I assume he's the one who'll make the music for the next games, I sure hope so.

Seventh had a few songs in CWC too. Lifeless, Decide and Overdose + some other if I remember correctly. I dont think they were included in the campaign though.

Matejka is working for BIS so I assume he's the one who'll make the music for the next games, I sure hope so.

Seventh had a few songs in CWC too. Lifeless, Decide and Overdose + some other if I remember correctly. I dont think they were included in the campaign though.

Darken: Was in credits (maybe another part)

Decide: Used in campaign iin cutscene before mission to take back everon.

I am gonna fly: not sure

Lifeless: again, not sure

My Life (resistance): Used in campaign

Overdose (resistance): Used in campaign

I like all the above songs, and have put them onto a CD.

lifeless was made by seventh

I've already put lifeless on the list above whistle.gif

lol, no matter... just read ya post a little too fast smile_o.gif

Good good, next time I'll put that pic up of you drinking some beer in the sun biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see a classical score by Ondrej Matejka again alongside some guitar based songs similar to those they had in Vietcong.

Guest Ti0n3r

I would like to hear some new versions of Matejka's wonderfull "songs". Longer version of Amen and Frozt would be very nice.

lol, no matter... just read ya post a little too fast smile_o.gif

Good good, next time I'll put that pic up of you drinking some beer in the sun  biggrin_o.gif

lol, is that pic still around?

I'd prefer some military tunes alá hans zimmer or the like.

Military game, military theme

i thought the music in ofp was some of the worst music known to man.. apart from 2 peices which i cant remeber the names of..

i really hope they dont put all that horrible metal crap in again

ive nothing against metal music but that stuff was utter sh1te :P

please fell free to flame me tounge2.gif

i thought the music in ofp was some of the worst music known to man.. apart from 2 peices which i cant remeber the names of..

i really hope they dont put all that horrible metal crap in again

ive nothing against metal music but that stuff was utter sh1te :P

please fell free to flame me  tounge2.gif

Heh, the normal music was pretty good IMO, and i would class seventj as hardrock. I liked it, it just fits into the OFP world...  wink_o.gif

EDIT: even after a few edits these sentences stay horrible, forgive me! biggrin_o.gif

Anyone watch the new Battlestar Galactica???

It is more like a fusion of different music mainstreams..

You hear drums, electrical guitars and classical music in one...

Darken: Was in credits (maybe another part)

Decide: Used in campaign iin cutscene before mission to take back everon.

I am gonna fly: not sure

Lifeless: again, not sure

I like all the above songs, and have put them onto a CD.

Lifeless was in a mission in the original campaign I think...at monty...you had to defend it or something.

I like the songs from Seventh in OFP, and I really like the other music. But I think they should try to make some more of the "other music" fit better to combat. Not too many of those fit really well in combat, imo.

Try Jarhead OST.

This kind of music should be used in a decent warsim...

edit:

mp3 player for vehicles, where you can upload your stuff, is a must...

Try Jarhead OST.

This kind of music should be used in a decent warsim...

But I great warsim should have something better wink_o.gif

In my copy it was

Darken: Resistance at the end (when the Americans come after Viki dies)

Decide: Used in campaign in cutscene before mission to take back everon.

I am gonna fly: Credits for Red Hammer

Lifeless: Credits for CWC