Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Music

i got a crazy idea!!! biggrin_o.gif every1 keep your heads down!

what about if game 2 could have 90'ies or something that has a more modern sound to it? tounge2.gif I love in regular ofp bad boys theme song when riding in to battle with a transport chopper.

i don't know just a crazy idea, been playing gta san andreas alot lately and got "musically inspired" and also many of the tracks from that game i have slight memory from growing up in the 80'ies-90'es , they probably gonna figure out a good mix for the game thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I say get Jesper Kyd or Bill Brown to do the soundtracks.

These guys are just awesome when it comes to simple instrumental themes. Jesper kyd has done many games but his best piece imo was with Freedom Fighters , those russian based orchestral and instrumentals were something else really.

Bill Brown has done music for Quake and Rainbow six series and a few more games i think he's a good composer aswell.

Also i hope sound quality is improved , most of the importance is given to graphics and sound is left in the dark. As this article states which is for MGS4 for PS3. i hope something similiar is done for ArmA or Game 2.

Quote[/b] ]Tojima explains that limited storage space can degrade sound quality because developers are forced to use poor sound effects to save space. Tojima points out that, "Until now, the sound for in-game cinematics has been quite good. However, sound quality tends to take a hit when the player takes over and begins to play the game." We've seen this time and again on the PlayStation 2. Cinematic cutscenes playback with full surround sound and increased bit rates, but once the action starts, the music and sound all play second fiddle to a real-time graphics engine, with in-game audio generally dropping down to two-channel stereo.

That's all going to change on the PlayStation 3. "With next-generation consoles, both cinematics and in-game sound will closely resemble those found in Hollywood films," according to Tojima. He fully expects gamers to "be surprised by the quality of sound coming into their ears--the sound will react to their conditions in the 3D world like never before." For example, in the scenario where a bottle falls off a table, hits a metal shovel, and then rolls onto a carpet, conventional sound processing would have the bottle make the same sounds regardless of the environment, or what it collides with. That same scenario on the PlayStation 3 might have the bottle make a metallic tink when it hits the shovel, and then create a muffled rolling sound as it travels across the carpet. If the room had its own sound variables, the bottles sound might get take on some echo if in a bathroom, or get slightly quieter if in a bedroom. Then you have to factor in on-the-fly surround encoding, which would make the bottle pan from front to back or side to side in your room, depending upon the way it rolled.

The Metal Gear Solid team flew around the world to capture specific sounds for environments in the game. The group actually lugged surround-sound audio-recording equipment to capture sounds from undisclosed locations all around the world. Tojima's team also recorded special sound effects just for the game, instead of using prerecorded, CD-based sounds.

Gamesport article link

Although I like Jesper Kyd`s music (he made music for the Hitman series also) I think the music should only appear in cutscenes (like many ppl suggested, pieces like barber`s adaggio for strings, bloodhund gang`s`the roof is on fire` or hendrix`s "wild thing" are classic), for everything else we should be able to use our own mp3.

Guest Ti0n3r

After hearing Matjeka's new stuff I'm even more convinced that we will hear more of his music in ArmA & Game 2. Why hire a composer if you already have the best one? thumbs-up.gif

lol, no matter... just read ya post a little too fast smile_o.gif

Good good, next time I'll put that pic up of you drinking some beer in the sun  biggrin_o.gif

lol, is that pic still around?

espectro.jpg

notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Although I like Jesper Kyd`s music (he made music for the Hitman series also) I think the music should only appear in cutscenes (like many ppl suggested, pieces like barber`s adaggio for strings, bloodhund gang`s`the roof is on fire` or hendrix`s "wild thing" are classic), for everything else we should be able to use our own mp3.

Would be good if we could use our own mp3's for when like driving a civvie car or something like that.

Yay!

There I am, three years ago wink_o.gif

Haha, beer in hand aswell (danish beer?). Thats what i was like yesterday, bloody hot in the UK. You know Nostromo in real life then? Just looking at his pic and he's got beer in hand like you but what looks to be the same area aswell, trees and grass etc biggrin_o.gif