Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

2S6 Tunguska/Tunguska-M

Tunguska has 2 x 30mm guns, because of caliber and fireing rate it's so deadly, besides it has missiles too (8 x 9M311 missiles) and very good radar smile_o.gif

30mm guns fire from  200m up to    4km range

30mm guys fire from     0m up to    3km altitude

9M311        fire from 2,5km up to    8km range

9M311        fire from  150m up to 3,5km altitude

radar detection  range is 16km

radar tracking   range is 10km

thought army-technolgy claims different information

Videos:

Tunguska's show off (video)

longer video about russia's AA systems

P.S. my info is old, i mean i gave Tunguska's, not Tunguska-M's info, so better trust to army-technology, it's more official...for more accurate info need to check more, but i'll do it only if some one will ask... icon_rolleyes.gif

Some bugs I found:

1. The F-18 will not fire its LGB unless you have it fly around in "limited" mode.

2. At4 doesnt reload in real life

3. The Kiowa gunner seat shows white when in Optics mode

4. Some of the stationary or mobile MG dont have gun sites (could just be that way)

All and all I really like what you have done. I was a big Y2K3 fan but this mod switched me over.

This goes back to the LAW in the unmodded OFP. BIS obviously just thought it better to have reload instead of going to trouble of designing anims and scripts for a soldier dumping first LAW, taking out second etc. But yeah, youre right, AT-4 is disposable weapon.

This goes back to the LAW in the unmodded OFP. BIS obviously just thought it better to have reload instead of going to trouble of designing anims and scripts for a soldier dumping first LAW, taking out second etc. But yeah, youre right, AT-4 is disposable weapon.

From what I'm led to believe there is a newer AT-4 in production now that can in fact be reloaded, but as far as I'm aware only the swedes are using it.

Hard to say if the US would ever update their AT-4's with this newer one.

no, AT4 cant be reloaded, not even in it´s latest versions....

and no, sweden doesnt have a version that can.

but we have a version that can be used in confined spaces (like small rooms) without killing the gunner, but nothing new about that... i belive that the US are using that version too....

but for gameplay i agree that FFUR could just make a reloadable version.. OR make so that every soldier exept officers, SF, medics and mg gunners have a AT4 and making the ammo take a pistol slot (or 3) then you wouldnt have the need for a reloadable AT4...

or, making a "backpack" that allows you to bring 3 AT4´s (can look like 3 AT4´s strapped onto a frame) only downside on that is that you would have to manually drop a AT4 from the backpack and then pick it up from the ground when you want to use it..

the LAW gunner could be equipped with something else, like maybe a SMAW or something (wich i´ve heard has been tested by the US army in iraq and that i know can be reloaded. while the rest have AT4 and the AT soldier has a Javelin (tweaked so that AI can use it) for those really hard targets, like tanks.

damage wise it could be like this..

SMAW needs 2-3 rounds to knock out a APC (BMP1) or 8-10 rounds for a T80

AT4 needs 1-2 rounds for a BMP1 or 5-6 rounds for a T80

Javelin needs 1 round for any armored vehicle (even a T80)

or, you could just keep the Charlie G instead of AT4/LAW as it is reloadable but can hardly kill a modern tank..

upside with this would be that you have more then one ammo type to shoose from. (HEAT-T, HE-T, SMOKE, ILLUM, HEDP-T, and that close defence canister round (like a 84mm shotgun shell)

however, the Charlie G isnt used that much by the US Army anymore, in fact i belive only the Rangers use it now... and then as a support weapon that you bring when you know you need it (like in urban situations when you need to breach walls)

just a couple of ideas...

about the patch u said that the m60patton would be replaced by a abrams tank? does that mean we now have 2 kinds of abrams ingame?

wouldnt that go at war with the bis campaign?

if u read the notes ina few tank missions u (char) keeps talking about the abrams and stuff because in the beginning of the tank missions yuo are in a m60 but u would like an abrams :S:S later on hes happy about the fact hes in a abrams :S:S

makes weird reading of the notes then with 2 kinds of abrams and no m60

Hi all,

Quote[/b] ]The brown color of the editor indicates that desert ffur is ready???

Neg, that's the FFUR 2006 Mission editor background color.

Quote[/b] ]I hope you removed the wing type parachute by the hemispherical one for the aircraft crew and you remove the eject option for the helicopter crew for more realism.

You can't include 2 different parachutes to various units, unless if they aren't from the same side.

Quote[/b] ]maybe a strange idea but wont u consider changing the police jeep to a normal police patrolcar

BIS Police Patrol car looks very decent in in my humble opinion.

Quote[/b] ]Sigmas one is nice, though it would be cool if there was a version with the textures of KHA's

We included the 'Green' variant of the M1A1 to avoid people confusing it with the M1A2.

Quote[/b] ]TB84 can you please make it so the font colors standout alot more

This has already been done.

Quote[/b] ]Even in that new editor shot the words on the top blend in to much with the background.

No worries, it's very visible in game.

Quote[/b] ]Can i install new module sky+effects pack in FFUR Woodland or its just working normal in FFUR 2006?

You can install it with any other "Mod" as long as it has a mod folder.

Quote[/b] ]is it compatible to play Woodland and 2006 together (online or lan) without having any bugs or reboots?

Negative, mainly because of technical reasons (Different configs, Different addons, folders...), and I don't see the point of combining a 2006 Mod with a 1985 one, moreover, FFUR 1985 are totally outdated...

Quote[/b] ]so will this new version be compatible with ECP??

Neg, as previously stated, every mod has its own effects, its own scripting architecture and you can't combine both of them.

Quote[/b] ] got 3 questions tho willl the patch come with a brand new sky pack?

Llauma sky pack 1.2 because of its stability and visual qualities.

Quote[/b] ]Will the patch make FFUR 2006 lag a bit more then the original MOD?

You should not experience any lag issues if your system follows the requirements posted in the first page of the thread.

Quote[/b] ]Can I ask what dexterity values FFUR uses for each weapon? I need some pointers. I'm currently using around .7 for the SAW,

Handguns = 2

M249 SAW = 0.35

M240B = 0.30

PK = 0.32

M136 = 0.28

RPG-7V = 0.27

Javelin = 0.25

RPG-29 = 0.26

Stinger = 0.25

Strela = 0.25

Quote[/b] ]I just found it odd that the AT weapon was better than the AA weapon

The Javelin has secondary capabilities against helicopters and ground-fighting positions.

Quote[/b] ]however it is true that this will make some old maps unplayable due their high effectivity

Well, not that unplayable due to the fact we decreased the Tunguska 30mm penetration values and equipped all helicopters with a "Flare/Voice Warning systems", and as already reported, you should not experience any major problems if you would fly low'n fast. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]Like in the mission where you fight along side the resistance and in the very beginning you are in the forest and have to hold your fire until a group on a hill destroys the tank, they never fire on the tank

As mentioned a while ago, AT & RPG soldiers will get higher AI values to make'em a little more effective.

Quote[/b] ]but then it went to a cutscene with the U.S. Commander dude saying I am a disgrace and have failed and am being relieved of duty

This happens when you don't kill enough of enemy units, or when you move away from your squad.

Quote[/b] ]must I remove FFUR_2006 before to install these 3 packs?

Negative.

Quote[/b] ]FFUR_Winter will change island's textures too?

Indeed, and the same goes to the desert pack but the way we have followed to include these islands may cause some problems on some comps, actually these packs are outdated and it would be better to wait for the new ones. - Don't ask me when...;-)

Quote[/b] ]must I remove FFUR_2006 before to install FFUR_European_Pack?

Negative.

Quote[/b] ]What's FFUR_Island_Pack? (I've already installed Nordic Island Pack adn FFUR_Sky_Pack)

Please read the Readme texts or get a look at our website's Islands page.

Quote[/b] ]The F-18 will not fire its LGB unless you have it fly around in "limited" mode

There is no F-18 in the FFUR 2006.

Quote[/b] ]or, making a "backpack" that allows you to bring 3 AT4´s (can look like 3 AT4´s strapped onto a frame) only downside on that is that you would have to manually drop a AT4 from the backpack and then pick it up from the ground when you want to use it..

This might break various BIS missions because most of them (Law) Soldiers are defined to carry a specifical number of "Law" rockets (Which are actually M136 rockets).

But the backpack idea's a nice one.

Quote[/b] ]like maybe a SMAW or something

During Desert Storm, 150 launchers and 5,000 rockets were provided to the U.S. Army. Since then, the Army has shown increased interest in the SMAW.

Actually, it's mainly used in the US Marine Corps as unique system.

Quote[/b] ]keeps talking about the abrams and stuff because in the beginning of the tank missions yuo are in a m60 but u would like an abrams

Not a major issue, you can live with that.

Btw, the M249 (Minimi) has been replaced by Laser's M249 SAW and we incorporated the M240B instead of the M240G.

The patch is actually almost accomplished, we're currently holding our breath for RHS/Scars Hind, though.

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the kind words and for the suggestions everyone.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

So...go ,RHS,go baby!biggrin_o.gif

Good news ,Tarik. smile_o.gif

Hi all,
Quote[/b] ]maybe a strange idea but wont u consider changing the police jeep to a normal police patrolcar

BIS Police Patrol car looks very decent in in my humble opinion.

so waht u are saying is that the jeep will not be replaced?

well being as he likes the jeep he will have last say no doubt besides the jeep is funky smile_o.gif

about the smaw taking however many shots to destroy a bmp with a HEAA it will take it out in one shot or at least it should however with the HEDP thats not designed to take out vheicles so much as bunkers & fortified positions

I was about to suggest LSR machinguns, but I see that it has already been done smile_o.gif

As accurate and realistic as possible please... that's how I like my FFUR. notworthy.gif

Why, will we pass out? wink_o.gif

My thoughts precisely...

SWAF is counting on the release of this patch. We have actually removed FFUR 2006 from our public servers as the problems we have encountered outweigh the benefits sad_o.gif

I had afew goodgames on SWAF but too many bugs etc like you said, when this patch is up its game on smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You can't include 2 different parachutes to various units, unless if they aren't from the same side.

I hope you choose the hemispherical one which is the real for plane eject. We can use other addon for commandos use.

A good thing ll be remplacing the chopper eject by a surviving crash... (sorry for my very bad english confused_o.gif )

Just a quick question about the LSR M240/249, are you using the one with the Elcan optic or the standard ironsights?

I just wanted to say, after a year without playing flashpoint, I reinstalled flashpoint just to play FFUR 2006 and, well, it is AWESOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU GUYS MADE OPFLASHPOINT ALIVE AGAIN!!!

*Ahem* anyways, thanks for everything.

PS: Did anyone find a bug with the M2 machine gun? For me, the position of the soldier mounting the M2 has his body half way into the ground and he is facing the right at a 90 degree angle crazy_o.gif

EDIT: I liked the new music a lot too, especially the MGS one