Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]i would like to use dxdll but it lags to much with ffur.

ffur by itself i get average 15 frames. Add dxdll then it goes down to 7 or lower.

Maybe try lowering the settings, the reflections and the Trileaner settings do eat up a lot of FPS for me but without them two settings i get no lag but ofp still looks great.

i thought it was going to be released without the addons to solve everyones problems with CTD and such then to release a later patch with the addons.. im sick now.. im reverting back to ECP 1.085 and the EECP Config for 1.085... wink_o.gif

One thing I noted about FFUR. With a sniper rifle (M82) I am able to take out pilots of Mi-18 however I cannot take ot Mi-24 pilots. I guess some kind of armor is implemented there but this is .50 cal we are firing, after 30 shots the glass is still not broken. Ka-52 glass also resists but it goes down after some shots. Any way to fix it (manually)?

One thing I noted about FFUR. With a sniper rifle (M82) I am able to take out pilots of Mi-18 however I cannot take ot Mi-24 pilots. I guess some kind of armor is implemented there but this is .50 cal we are firing, after 30 shots the glass is still not broken. Ka-52 glass also resists but it goes down after some shots. Any way to fix it (manually)?

If I remember correctly the Mi24 cockpit was made specifically to stop .50 caliber rounds from killing the pilot and gunner. They basically sit in an titanium tub similar to that of an A-10 cockpit.

This is due to the fact that OFP has crappy armor simulation. The game works on a 'hit point' system. In theory, if you shot an Abrams enough time with a Makarov it would blow up! It is true that most helicopters (most notably Hind, Ka-50/52 and Apache) are armored, however I wouldnt think that a Mi-8 would have much armor.

Indeed in the config.cpp it is seen that these helos have armor values. Hokum=150, Hind=100, Hip=50. However Hokum has extra lines defining which part has what armor ratio, lets see: armorGlass=0.5. So in the glass Hokum has 75 armor maybe. So if these things are not mock up, the game has an armor calculation effect.

Quote[/b] ]if you shot an Abrams enough time with a Makarov it would blow up

You are right, i remember someone saying they fired over 600-700 50cal rounds from an M2 machine gun the one with BIS on a bmp and it destroyed.

Quote[/b] ]if you shot an Abrams enough time with a Makarov it would blow up

You are right, i remember someone saying they fired over 600-700 50cal rounds from an M2 machine gun the one with BIS on a bmp and it destroyed.

Now thats horribly unrealistic - a M2 should be able to kill a BMP with a few well place rounds. (In the Gulf a USMC sniper destroyed a BMP from 1.8km with two well placed incendiary rounds to the fuel tank I believe)

In theory, if you shot an Abrams enough time with a Makarov it would blow up!

In theory, yes, but ingame, that's not the case. If you put 300 rounds from an M16 into an armored vehicle in OFP (tank or tracked apc), and observed its "damage" (getdammage) previously and afterwards, it does not change - at least not for about 5 decimal places.

And believe me I've made multiple attempts to destroy such vehicles with small arms fire ingame, but it's just not going to happen.

However I do believe that there should be a feature in the engine that ignores certain insignificant damage values possibly via config settings.

Now to put it short... For tweaking platform properties, do I only have to tweak editable .cpp in FFUR directory? anything else?

Now to put it short... For tweaking platform properties, do I only have to tweak editable .cpp in FFUR directory? anything else?

Yep. Make sure you make a copy, then binarize it and put it in the Bin folder, overwriting Config.bin (sorry if you already knew, just making sure thumbs-up.gif )

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delayed answer, 'was a bit busy with some real life occupations... but would try to answer everyone. :-)

Quote[/b] ]are you using the one with the Elcan optic or the standard ironsights?

Classical Ironsights (the most common ones).

Quote[/b] ]it doesn't exist in FFUR2006 though, right?

It does exist, the tail rotor failure script activates every time choppers become heavily damaged.

Quote[/b] ]All A-10s now have a grey camo since the mid 1990s

'will check it out.

Quote[/b] ]I was just looking the Steyr AUG optic. As far as I know, theres no crosshairs in the optic, just the small circle in the centre (which is meant to be the size of a head at 300m I think)

steyr3ix.jpg

(Cheers to Imshi)

Quote[/b] ]Well it is pretty unusual for a resistance movement to have ... T-80s. Atleast You can't really see Chechnians running around in T-80s.

It was pretty unusual to see rebels with T-72 during (sixties and seventies) as well, it's more or less the same situation except this time, they get T-90s (Supposed to be stolen from russians as several people have already reported). :-)

Quote[/b] ]About the Apaches. Will the Longbow and standard have the same loadout, or will they have different weapons

Negative, they will have very authentic loadouts.

Quote[/b] ]

Could you guys make the menus really simple? I don't like waiting for the menus to pop up. Could it be just a 2D background with buttons and no looping animation?

The main menu has been enhanced a lot since the release of the FFUR 2006.

Quote[/b] ]What mods would go well with FFUR?

All mods and addons as long as they don't have any "main" config.cpp/bin (like SFP, BAS, RHS, ROC, etc...)

Quote[/b] ]would fix some CTDs and remove the starting anim and some of the bugs reported, before adding new content?

As previously stated, all bugs (Error messages, CTDs...)/ Realism issues (Outdated loadouts...etc)/ Scripting problems (Turrets blowing off ...) got fixed.

Quote[/b] ]As I checked, NIMs Dynamic Skies are not included, it can be added to FFUR

Unfortunately, we had to remove NIM clouds system because of the lag it causes when there are various aircrafts simultaneously flying.

Quote[/b] ]i thought it was going to be released without the addons to solve everyones problems with CTD

Actually, only RHS Hinds are needed to accomplish the patch, just keep patient, "Patience is a virtue"... ;-)

Anyways, excluding RHS Mi-24, the patch is totally accomplished, Meanwhile, we would keep testing the new additions and enhancements.

'will come up very soon with several screens.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Thunderbird thank you for the answers. However I got into another problem while trying to change a few unit properties, I would really be glad if you can help me out.

I want to helo pilots to be able to be sniped. With most helos this works ok (including AH-1W and AH-64D) but Russian Mi-24 and Ka-52 cockpit glasses dont break. Well in your config Ka-52 has 150 armor and Mi-24 has 100 armor. However after 15 shots from M82 Sniper the Ka-52 glass shatters and 30 shots the cocpit glass completely breaks and at 35 shots the pilots eject from the helo. After the glass is broken I still cant snipe them. For Mi-24 you would think the glass would break a lot earlier but it never happens. Mi-24 glass dont even dent even after 40 shots.

For Ka-52 lowering or raising the armor value also makes the glass do down earlier or later, however this also modifies all helo vulnerability so I dont want it. Changing the armorglass value dont seem to work either. No matter what value I set armor glass it still breaks up according to armor value.

And it is strange how Ka-52 glass breaks and Mi-24 having lower armor, never breaks. I came up with a logical explanation (I dont know if its true or not), both helos cockpit glass parts are defined (in somewhere that I couldnt find) to act as one with the platform however Mi-24 glass dont have breaking textures. Other Helos (Apache, ...) I think has some kind of "pass through" effect in their glasses, or they dont have cockpit glass in their models at all.

So put it short, how can one define a part of a model (glass, etc...) act uniquely in terms of bullet passage.

Thunderbird thank you for the answers. However I got into another problem while trying to change a few unit properties, I would really be glad if you can help me out.

I want to helo pilots to be able to be sniped. With most helos this works ok (including AH-1W and AH-64D) but Russian Mi-24 and Ka-52 cockpit glasses dont break. Well in your config Ka-52 has 150 armor and Mi-24 has 100 armor. However after 15 shots from M82 Sniper the Ka-52 glass shatters and 30 shots the cocpit glass completely breaks and at 35 shots the pilots eject from the helo. After the glass is broken I still cant snipe them. For Mi-24 you would think the glass would break a lot earlier but it never happens. Mi-24 glass dont even dent even after 40 shots.

For Ka-52 lowering or raising the armor value also makes the glass do down earlier or later, however this also modifies all helo vulnerability so I dont want it. Changing the armorglass value dont seem to work either. No matter what value I set armor glass it still breaks up according to armor value.

And it is strange how Ka-52 glass breaks and Mi-24 having lower armor, never breaks. I came up with a logical explanation (I dont know if its true or not), both helos cockpit glass parts are defined (in somewhere that I couldnt find) to act as one with the platform however Mi-24 glass dont have breaking textures. Other Helos (Apache, ...) I think has some kind of "pass through" effect in their glasses, or they dont have cockpit glass in their models at all.

So put it short, how can one define a part of a model (glass, etc...) act uniquely in terms of bullet passage.

I'm not a vehicle modeller, but as far as I know the ability to hit the pilots and/or passengers in vehicles is down to the model - more specifically, the fire geometry LOD. So if Thunderbird (or whoever is responsible for the model aspect within the FFUR team) is able to modify it so pilots etc can be picked off, I think thats where they need to start.

AFAIK Hind windshield is impossible to penetrate with rifle ammo IRL, and since you can't define in OFP what caliber the ammunition is or penetration vaules, the glass has only two options, penetratable and nonpenetratable.

In O2 I think that penetratable glass is textured with special texture in Fire Geo lod, altough I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Quote from Wikipedia:

Quote[/b] ]The Mi-24 cockpit was heavily armoured and could withstand even .50 cal rounds.

Altough I don't know if this includes the glass.

When they refer to .50 cal they refer to M33 Ball round. They are not referring to SLAP or API-T rounds. Mi-24 cockpit can stop Ball round but its impossible for it to stop SLAP round. Of course theres no ammo type in the game so we refer as we are firing M33 Ball rounds. Anyway I cleared the ambiguity on Ka-52. The glass breaking effect is general damaging effect of the chopper. So even if I fire 15 rounds at the tail, the windshield will shatter.

I thank you for your answers on how to make glasses breakable, unbreakable, will try it. However another problem with FFUR which I think should be fixed is there. The M113 gunner, who sits wide open turned out without any glass or anything around it "Cannot Be" Sniped or Hit. I have fired him loads of bullets from every type of russian weapon but he cannot be killed while in gunner position. How can that be? Well more likely That Cant Be!

I have fired him loads of bullets from every type of russian weapon but he cannot be killed while in gunner position. How can that be? Well more likely That Cant Be!

Probably no proxy of gunner in fire geo lod.

Ye, the M113 invincible gunner is an OFP problem. Even when COMBAT created their M113 and Hummers, the M113 gunner can't be killed, but the dude in the Hummer (like MG or TOW) is royaly fucked. That showed me that in the game the M113 gunner is untouchable (otherwise COMBAT would have made him vulnerable).

FFUR 2006 New Mission Editor

editorscreen5sx.jpg

FFUR 2006 New Splash Screen

splashscreen2mk.jpg

Machine gunner - M240B (Army Combat Uniform)

95eh.jpg

Squad automatic rifleman - M249 (Army Combat Uniform)

109ld6ec.jpg

Medic - M16A2 (Army Combat Uniform)

89cn.jpg

Squad automatic rifleman - M249 (Army Combat Uniform)

60zk.jpg

Grenadier - M4A1/M203 (Battle dress Uniform)

18bw2.jpg

Squad automatic rifleman - M249 (Battle dress Uniform)

37dt.jpg

M6 LineBacker

25xc1.jpg

2S6M-G Tunguska

74dj.jpg

M1A2 Abrams

58jc.jpg

T-90

49ob1.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Awesome...that woodland camo and ACU looks really great!

My only gripe is the backpacks...realistically, only medics should carry them. Gear is usually left in a 72 or 24 hour pack back at camp, but when combat comes you want to be as light as possible.

why is the linebacker in the water? I thought they were'nt amphibous?

Chipper:

It looks like it is partially in water and not all the way in.

TB84:

These units are so darn nice looking. I am glad you chose these as your final. I got one question, are you going to add an USAF F-22 Raptor?

Edit1: I am so sorry to be very picky TB84, but I noticed the hydration pack has shoulder traps. Spec-Ops Brand

is one of the most popular choices for soldiers and airmen. Check out The H.U.M.P.(which I think you modeled it after), it is supposed to eliminate shoulder straps while hooking to the MOLLE vest via alice clips or MOLLE itself. Oh yeah, the knee pads can't be the same color as the boots?

Nobody please attack me...I still think they are great looking...

Edit2: I can't stop looking at the Grenadier - M4A1/M203 (Battle dress Uniform) image! That rifle looks so badass along with the unit model...