Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Yes, there is an endmission cheat that ends the mission succesfull when the missiongoals are reached.

Maybe, but this cheat must be used to end broken missions, that will not end as they should when all missiongoals are met and the trigger end1 should activate.

Same here FFUR modders. I would also like to see modern desert warfare instead of '85. Modern winter, desert and woodland would be the best. Especially all in one download. I know the downloads are big, but in my opinion, I would know it would be worth it. America's Army is already almost 900MBs and it doesn't bother a lot of players. Bigger the file, the more the goodies in one package. If my computer crashes or I want a friend to play, I don't have to scrabble to get all the downloads again, or have friends go through missing pack errors until he has it right. Instead, I can redownload it in one simple errorless hassle-free pack and also send it to a friend with ease. That is the beauty of these big packs and FFUR has been pulling it off quite nicely too.

On the subject of desert camo,etc... The ACU pattern was adopted just for this reason : It is suitable for both woodland and desert theatres of operation  wink_o.gif

Yes i Know, but only the Officers have the full ACU loadout. All the regular soldiers still have the woodland vests and i guess thats due to not everyone having a acu vest loadout. I have seen pictures of ACU guys using their old Tan Desert Vests to go along with the ACU, the boots already match.

Landwarrior, fielded soldiers have a full ACU loadout or at least they should. Pictures of soldiers with woodland/desert camo with their ACUs were just under supplied. Who would want to play as an under supplied soldier? The Army is getting closer to giving the full ACU equipment to soldiers. More then half already have all ACU specific equipment. This process should be complete by the end of 2006 according the Department of the Army. I can't get enough of the current ACU Officer in FFUR2006, near perfection.

About the helos.. I thought the US Army still used the Cobra, because of it's lower pofile. I much prefer flying a cobra than an apache, and plus, it just looks cooler biggrin_o.gif

Landwarrior, fielded soldiers have a full ACU loadout or at least they should. Pictures of soldiers with woodland/desert camo with their ACUs were just under supplied. Who would want to play as an under supplied soldier? The Army is getting closer to giving the full ACU equipment to soldiers. More then half already have all ACU specific equipment. This process should be complete by the end of 2006 according the Department of the Army. I can't get enough of the current ACU Officer in FFUR2006, near perfection.

well in that case were still playing as "Under Supplied" soldiers then arnt we?? lol were keeping it real then because guys on ffur already look under supplied with the woodland and they look fine. I think it looks much cooler anyway with desert vests. Well then all soldiers should be given to look like the officer then. And an off-topic question

Will the NAVY Seals still use the traditional Camo?

What about Rangers, and Delta??? are they switching too?

To LandWarrior: I don't think a lot of people would know that question right now. I am awfully curious myself.

To XCess: Cobras are only used by the Marine Corps from what I know.

well in that case were still playing as "Under Supplied" soldiers then arnt we?? lol were keeping it real then because guys on ffur already look under supplied with the woodland and they look fine. I think it looks much cooler anyway with desert vests. Well then all soldiers should be given to look like the officer then. And an off-topic question

Will the NAVY Seals still use the traditional Camo?

What about Rangers, and Delta??? are they switching too?

Navy, Army, Air Force and Marine Corps all use different camo patterns, at least the regular forces do. The SF tend to have carte blanche on their kit (baseball caps, Nike trainers, all sorts of gadget-y attachments for their personal weapon, etc that regular forces wouldn't have)

USAF pattern:

AIRFORCE2.jpg

USN pattern:

NAVY.jpg

US Army pattern:

acu-pic09.jpg

USMC pattern:

Marine%20Desert%20MARPAT.jpg

About the helos.. I thought the US Army still used the Cobra, because of it's lower pofile. I much prefer flying a cobra than an apache, and plus, it just looks cooler biggrin_o.gif

Nope, the Army replaced them with AH-64's and OH-58's. The USMC still use upgraded versions of the cobra.

Flimflan, your US ACU camo picture is of the Gen 1 stuff. Far too light, not tan enough. Look for more modern pictures.

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I thought your use of the SJB AKS-47 was a bit odd considering you already use the RHS AKM. No offence to the weapons master, but I like RHS's AKs much more.

This has been done especially in order to increase the models variety in game.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully with these new requests for different units, scripts, etc this won't affect the issue of lag. As the current version of FFUR 2006 is a lot smoother than the previous one.

As mentioned more than once, that's the top priority objective and we do our best with the goal to keep the highest possible frame rate performance.

Quote[/b] ]On the subject of desert camo,etc... The ACU pattern was adopted just for this reason : It is suitable for both woodland and desert theatres of operation

Hopefully, the updated ACU camo would blend in better with greenfield areas, we're still working on...

Quote[/b] ]The AT crew in the mission rescue is not 2 or 3 miles away and don`t attack the T72

Misunderstanding...

Modifying the AI level can be done in the 'class man:land' and this could affect all 'men' or at least all classes derived from 'class man:land', even crews, that's why they got their own settings in their own classes, so we will put back BIS settings to crews in order to avoid getting such problems in game.

Quote[/b] ]Especially all in one download

It could be done only as 'Archive' in order to avoid people who usually use 'Download' tools or those with low connections getting problems.

Btw, no answer about a 'modern Desert Conversion' will be provided, it would be a surprise if it would be done...

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

oh yeah ive noticed the west boat hasnt been replaced not sure about the russian one though. Or is this just me?

edit -

Quote[/b] ]Modifying the AI level can be done in the 'class man:land' and this could affect all 'men' or at least all classes derived from 'class man:land', even crews, that's why they got their own settings in their own classes, so we will put back BIS settings to crews in order to avoid getting such problems in game

So does that mean the viewdistance will be put back to normal? Cuase that can also break some missions not necesarily BIS ones though ive got several custom missions which are broken because of the higher AI vie distance

Very good work on this, makes playing ofp very fun again. No more BF2 for me. yay.gif

Very nice to see the new death animations, makes it fun to shoot ppl... ok that sounds more then a little morbid but I think you get what I mean. smile_o.gif This have turned into a very polished and complete mod. If I'd have to recommend just one mod for OFP to someone, this would be it. thumbs-up.gif

Just some possible buggs I noted:

*In the Ambush mission intro movie the .50 gunner is "screwed into the earth" just showing his upper torso and head. Config bug?

*G3 shows a FN FAL picture in the inventory.

I've had 3 CTD's but not been able to pinpoint what the culprit might be. Running a "normal" FFUR 2006 install with ACU config and no other mods or addons.

------------------

Some sligtly negative feedback:

The new GUI is a graphic show off more then functional. Something along the lines of FDF mod would be much better. The menu screen cover up way to much of the background movie and the colors of the fonts are a bit hard to read against dark backgrounds. (not to mention the fadeing thing ppl already have mentioned)

The graphics in the editor menu interface is hard on the eyes. I'd think you don't want to camo the menu items from the user. Again, more along the FDF lines would be better for the end user even if not as fun for that graphic artist. wink_o.gif

Please drop that beeping sound on the satchel charges as it makes me look around to see if Willy Cayote and Roadrunner is anywere nearby. It's an total immersion killer on otherwise very good sounds and graphics.

I feel some of the larger explosions are a bit to much Hollywood SFX,would have liked more sharp short flashing effect then now, but its a minor niggle.

---------

Will there be an ACU mp config in the future update?

Hi guys!

I'm using FFUR 2006...AWESOME WORK...playing as is without any other addons

But I have some questions

I always use VETERAN settings

As a SpecOp armed with a silenced M4 I have to shot like 4 or 5 shots to kill an enemy soldier using single mode or a short burst using auto mode

As a Sniper armed with a M24 I have to hit 2 or 3 times an enemy soldier that is 600-800 meters away

Can the AI see thru Bushes?

As a Sniper without the mod it was 1 shot 1 kill (aiming for the upper torso or head) can I do this also in FFUR? with what riffle?

I know this can be corrected with video settings (gamma and brighthness) but why it is so Dark?

As a SpecOp armed with a silenced M4 I have to shot like 4 or 5 shots to kill an enemy soldier using single mode or a short burst using auto mode

I noticed this too - I shot a soldier from like 10m away and it didnt kill him. I know its silenced - but it shouldnt be that much of a damage loss.

same as i shot at general guba with the m4 and it took a 5 round burst to hit hm from about 10 metres away huh.gif wtf is going on here

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and Thunderbird, as much as I thank you for using the correct model for the Woodland US Crew, I must also throw you an evil eye for not using it in the ACU Crew... they've still got that shitty PASGT/Alice gear on!

I think it would be more helpful to grab some pics of ACU crews, that will allow us to make'em the authentic possible.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Your wish is my command  notworthy.gif

smile_o.gif

acu-pic04.jpg

acu-pic05.jpg

acu-pic06.jpg

acu-pic07.jpg

acu-pic01.jpg

Pictures courtesy of Global Security

Quote[/b] ]helpful to grab some pics of ACU crews

Those are all old pics btw...and not of a US crew which is what he was asking for.

Can't understand this hype about ACU! They all look like bed time pajamas to me!  rofl.gif

As for effective camo they would be better off wearing high visibility safety jackets! Non of them blend in to their backgrounds so what is the point in them? - Fashion I guess!  tounge2.gif

OK put them in a suitable environment and they might be effective. But in OFP - forget it!

Furia - your pictures are all of Gen. 1 ACU. Like Canadian Terror said, wrong wrong wrong.

Thunderbird84, Marcos Aguil-whatever posted some excellent pics of the current ACU in combat a few pages back. My vote is that you use those.