Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

For FFUR 2005:

Doesn't the Russian Army now use AK-101s? Not AK-74s?

Could you add a Vodnik and an actual Longbow Radar dome on the Apache?

Despite what certain unrealistic games may state (*coughs*BF2 whistle.gif ) the Russian army does not use the AK-101. It wanted to replace its AK74s with AN94s but it didnt have the money to do so.

As for the Vodnik, has one been made for OFP?

Wiki is not always accurate. On the BF2's website it says that the AK-101 is the standard Russian rifle. It isn't, why would the Russians go to the trouble of replacing the AK74 with the same gun, in a different caliber? As I said, they wanted to replace the AK74 with the AN94, but they didnt have the money.

Hi all,

We will keep the use of the AK74M because it's still the most used riffle by russian motorized infantry sections.

Btw I'd like to inform you that after a long discussion with Komuna we finally won't use ECP scripts for some "technical" reasons.

-ECP has its own "scripting" architecture, and using a part of their stuff might occur a couple of issues. (mainly conflicts with our scripts).

Plus ECP architecture is very complex (Thus far the most complex scripting architecture) because it has been done especially to be used online,though.

But perhaps we'll make our own scripts which should use "ECP radio chatter sounds).

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

shame about the scripts hope you do try to create your own scripts for it cause its great and maybe make a burning body script

cant wait for the patches if they include the chatter scripts that would be so great but either way it would be great

Hi all,

FFUR 6.0 Enhancements & Changes

...coming soon.

*Realism aspect increased in order to balance all FFUR packs to realism..

(Very realistic ammunitions values, new impacts effects, new bodies impacts effects, new weapons sounds...).

*The realism has not affected the gameplay, in fact the playability is better than ever, now shooting the enemy is very hard, and more difficult if the enemy is quite far from your position , the AI is very careful and very strong, they make combat harder, longer, more immersive and more exciting.

(VME scripts will finally be implemented.)

*Effects enhancements:

We added a trail of smoke to propulsed grenades to allow grenadiers to adjust their shots in order to hit the wanted point of impact.

The new tracers we incorporated are very useful because they enable the shooter to follow the bullets' trajectories and besides guiding the Tanks gunners & Machine gunners's direction of fire, now tracers start burning immediately after exiting the muzzle. A disadvantage of bright tracers is that they give away the shooter's location to the enemy, cars explosions effects have been improved and the rest of stuff has been reworked as well. (GUI, songs...etc).

*The technical aspect has been improved too because now all addons have been decompressed and regrouped in "FFUR_..." folders to further reduce lag, framerate difficulties and especially to establish the ability to use "extra addons" with FFUR packs without getting disturbed by issues & bugs.

*There will be a multi config which will allow you to play online with people who have FFUR, maybe we will even make a config which would make possible to play online in servers that don't run any conversion mod like (FDF, CSLA...etc).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A Detailed list of enhancements & changes will be available very soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Btw,

Unfortunately NIMOD team doesn't allow us the use of their "clouds effects" for some reasons which belong to them.

So we have to incorporate some other decent 3D clouds released a few months ago and we would make them run with some scripts.

Perhaps these ones if they would be free of lag.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

cool sounds good

about those clouds is it just the clouds being replaced or is it like a new replacment sky pack which runs with those clouds so could i still use my own chosen sky pack and have those clouds or will it be with a certain sky pack

sounds good cant wait

So much for 'FFUR 5: The Final Version' wink_o.gif

Cant wait, I dont really like those clouds, theyre all overlapping eachother Ive never noticed clouds doing that, but then again I tend not to stare at the sky for long, either in Flashpoint, or real life rofl.gif

Btw I'd like to inform you that after a long discussion with Komuna we finally won't use ECP scripts for some "technical" reasons.

That's a 'major' disappointment - but you know best.

Unfortunately NIMOD team doesn't allow us the use of their "clouds effects" for some reasons which belong to them.

So we have to incorporate some other decent 3D clouds released a few months ago and we would make them run with some scripts.

Perhaps these ones if they would be free of lag.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I would just like to clear that statement up as you didn't state the full reasons.

I myself decided on the decision to have the dynamic weather taken out of the FFUR pack for three very good reasons.

1.) The dynamic weather is still a beta. And i don't want to put something into a mod pack that is still at a current beta stage as i feel it wouldn't represent the final product., i certainly wouldn't do it for the NIMOD, so im reluctant to allow this to happen for others also. We felt the clouds where good enough to go public, and for you all to enjoy them, but they are by no means ready to be incorporated into a large modification pack.

2.) The fact that we didn't get a simple PM even asking us if "FFUR" could incorporate them into his mod was a bit subject to say the least. But this was not the reason why i didn't want thunderbird85 to use them. As stated above they are only beta.

3.) We have our own ideas and concepts for the dynamic weather, and we feel if its included into a solo mod pack, people are limited into to having to download the whole pack if they wish to have a automatic weather system that is in conjunction with the BIS or custom sky pack weather system. We would like such a thing to be available to everyone and we are working very hard to achieve this.

I hope this has cleared things up, as i got a slight impression that the statement was trying to make us look bad in a certain light, or the intent was there..

Many thanks

Smiley

Quote[/b] ]I hope this has cleared things up, as i got a slight impression that the statement was trying to make us look bad in a certain light, or the intent was there..

Many thanks

Please Don't take me wrong and don't feel offended!

My goal wasn't to make you look bad in any way...

We have implemented only your 3D clouds and they do work perfectly in FFUR! (I modified your scripts in order to make them working that good by using the config's way).

you requested that I take your stuff out of FFUR then I've done it.

Quote[/b] ]2.) The fact that we didn't get a simple PM even asking us if "FFUR" could incorporate them into his mod was a bit subject to say the least. But this was not the reason why i didn't want thunderbird85 to use them. As stated above they are only beta

Mate, as I said you a few hours ago, we can't ask for permissions from all addons & mod makers (Delays between the request and the receipt of permission will be very long) , so that's why I usually establish a list of credits to thank all of these talented community's people.

My apologies if you felt offended, but you have to know that we never steal people's stuff and we totally don't care about stealing people's stuff.

Our objective is to enjoy people by using the best of the community in a respectful way.

Regards

Thunderbird84

what about the voices?

Which 'voices' are you talking about? - russian radio voices?- radio chatter voices?

If you mean the russian radio voices, we expect to contact a bunch of russian people later, "you too,though."

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]new replacment sky pack which runs with those clouds so could i still use my own chosen sky pack and have those clouds or will it be with a certain sky pack

These are 2D clouds, the clouds I was talking about are 3D.;)

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

I'm new to FFUR, but I just came across a reference to a FFUR /dta/music.pbo replacement

does FFUR ship with a replacement for the standard CWC+Resi music?

what pack do I need to download to have the data/music.pbo? or does each pack have it's own type of music included?

and what type of music does it contain? cinematic soundtrack or metal?

All packs do have the same songs files, except the asian which has its own music files based on typical & traditional asian songs.

Quote[/b] ]and what type of music does it contain? cinematic soundtrack or metal?

Mainly Cinematic (Famous movies as Uss Alabama, Rock, Full Metal Jacket...there's even a "Shrek 2" song:p), instrumental & orchestral (Hanz Zimmer), countries anthems, and military parade songs as well.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Cmon, Thundies, those new US units are making me drool everywhere! Can't wait to see them, excellent job

Well we still need a few days to make sure everything's working very well, plus we're waiting for some extra releases too.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Can I take these music pbos and put them into my normal addonfolder?

From ffur...\dta\music.pbo to your res\dta, make a backup of your current music.pbo,though.

Regards

TB84

2005 Us troop boots textures are wrong the boots often worn are nicknamed Cruit Boots, have a treat pattern much like the old Bias Ply nodirectionla tires from the older vehicles before super singles replaced them. The boots everyone leaves on the combat units were issued in the early eights and phased out in 87/8 by the newer style that is now being replaced by the desert tan boots worn in Irac due to trying to get black colored objects out of the system, the cammo is not only three color as black was removed as well from most of the new vehicles being aquired. Laser old rangers have thoses I still have my boots if you need photo ref for textures.

Ok, Thank you.

I'm gonna check them out.

Military advices are always appreciated.

Regards

TB84

one thing, does anyone know if the US army uses the M16a4? I knew the usmc does but i always thought the us army retained its a2s in anticipation of the xm8/oicw

For the MOLLE equipment that the modern US troops has - it looks weird with whatever model you're using. In fact, it looks like an OD vest that the soldier is wearing over body armor - they definitely Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) which is a camoflage vest with PALS webbing right on it. Also, I can't tell from the models, but it looks like they're wearing old K-pots. Any models around with the new MICH helmet?

EDIT: Also, the main weapon of the US Army is in fact the M4, not the M16 which is in the mod. A lot of the guys call the M16 the "musket" because it's so old and large. However, a previous poster said, designated marksmen do get M16's in infantry units.

For proof, check militaryphotos.net, and look up current US Army pictures. Almost all the Army guys are using M4's.

Thanks for these informations, it seems that the US army's currently replacing its M16 by M4, well I think we'll do the same in FFUR.

I'll make a vote ASAP in order to ask people about their favorite M4 (there are so many..heh).

Btw, unfortunately we don't have enough of time to make a new US soldier, Hyakushi model is thus far the best one to be used as replacement instead of BIS oldy models.

'We enhanced it a bit,though.'

Regards

TB84