Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

The kneepads are the BMI ones, so maybe the textures used on them (not like the ones shown in the pictures) are black, like the BMI ones?

The "ribs" of the body armour are actually strips for sticking stuff onto the OTV, like knives, pouches, etc etc ad infinitum. Majoris' pics show the correct ACU colours (well, the 2nd pic especially), which is almost exactly what the FFUR ones are like. Though I might tone them down in my own private version, though.

EDIT: Though this pic says otherwise: http://www4.army.mil/armyimages/armyimage.php?photo=10170

Most MOLLE strips will be covered by pouches and such. Our knee pads are the same as the ones in the picture Cameron Mcdonald provided, except our entire knee pad is coyote tan and do not have black caps. Why do units have to vary so much...

The ACU themselves look pretty good but the straps across the back and chest should be the same color as the rest of the green on the uniform.

It seems to stand alot more and makes the ACU itself look that much more less real.

I've noticed that lighting has a LOT to do with how the colors appear on the ACU, which might explain why so many pictures contradict one another.

I can't find the link off hand, but I saw a set of two pictures showing the color comparison in a bright light, and a dim light. It appeared greyish tan in the brighter light, and a darker green in the dim light.

One of the benefits of the ACU?

I've seen pics of the straps on the vests in both dark and light green with ACU. Personally I like the light color because doesn't offset the camo.

The kneepads gotta go though. i would rather see the old black ones than the 3D ones. They look like they arn't even attached to the graphic, and they are almost as big as the head of the anim in comparison. I like the color but I haven't actually seen kneepads in that color, nor have I seen ACU vests that didn't match the uniform rather than the pic that was posted on the last page.

A little off-topic, but TB84 lent me his ACU textures. I made a few tweaks and threw up some pics in the combat photography thread, if you want to get a closer look.

Also the color of the boots are not white. They are a tannish, desert color.

If you look at the kneepads in comparison to the animations head.... the kneepads are almost if not as big.

I heard somewhere that US Infantrymen have a carte blanche as far as customising their gear goes, as long as it's milspec. This is probably the reason for all those differing kneepads.

because that isnt in service with any known army yet wink_o.gif

you tell about this,

but ONE man use this in army tounge2.gif

Just my sergent chef used this at training, and I can say: it's a very good camo. (soon we'll have ACU in french army, we hope in fact lol)

A little off-topic, but TB84 lent me his ACU textures. I made a few tweaks and threw up some pics in the combat photography thread, if you want to get a closer look.

I think you got it right Cameron wink_o.gif

because that isnt in service with any known army yet  wink_o.gif

you tell about this,

but ONE man use this in army tounge2.gif

Just my sergent chef used this at training, and I can say: it's a very  good camo. (soon we'll have ACU in french army, we hope in fact lol)

thats USMC marpat

I have some suggestions.

1.) I heard someone has modded in AT moving animations? I.E. when you have an AT weapon like an RPG, you can sprint, jog, lie down with it etc. instead of stuck with the crouch shuffle. It'd be cool if you could mod so AI would use this too

2.) The Russian Army units are too cookie-cutter. It looks like something out of a recruiting ad. For one thing, the camo head covers arent used that much, usually its just the helmet without camo cover. Second, in Spetsnaz, there is not on single uniform, they can choose from whatever they want. So maybe add in some random Spetsnaz skins?

3.) Maybe add in the Tigr or Vodnik humvees? UAZ is still used a lot but the Tigr and Vodnik is being used in small numbers

ACU Last Update:

[*]Fixed the size of the knee pads.

[*]Added a (BDU) Backpack to AntiArmor riflemen and to Squad automatic riflemen. (in order to show the variety of the equipment used by the US Army Personnel).

[*]Added a secondary backpack.

[*]Replaced the talkie-walkie by a better one.

28vj2.jpg

38pm.jpg

Btw, US ACU Black Spotters (Day) and Helicopter pilots will have a different ACU camo in order to show the variety of the ACU camos used by the US Army Personnel.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and special thanks to Hyk, Offtime, RHS and Bambi for their advices and for the nice work they carried out on their previous p3d (some parts used on this ACU).

Quote[/b] ]I heard someone has modded in AT moving animations? I.E. when you have an AT weapon like an RPG, you can sprint, jog, lie down with it etc.

No way to include that in FFUR due to the fact the rocket launcher needs to be defined as 'main firearm' and this might break all missions that require the use of Rocket/Missile launchers.

Quote[/b] ]Second, in Spetsnaz, there is not on single uniform, they can choose from whatever they want. So maybe add in some random Spetsnaz skins?

BIS defined 3 Spetsnaz 'classes' and we would probably include 3 different Spetsnaz models as well.

We have already incorporated various camos to Russian squads (VSR, Flora...etc) in order to show the high variety of camouflages used by Russian Motorized Infantry units, though.

Quote[/b] ]If TB84 is interested, he knows where to spot me!

Thanks for the offer but I hope the new update (showed above) is 'Ok' now. :-)

Quote[/b] ]TB, I saw that you will not be FFUR'ing up ArmA. Why? Have you seen the previews... the game is going to need a TB fix. At least one?

I'm afraid this would not be possible because of a future huge lack of time due to several 'real life' occupations... (But who knows...this can't be confirmed as long as ArmA is not released).

But I'm sure a bunch of very skilled people would be in charge once it is released, anyways.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Is it just me or does the face on the 1st picture look rather messed up whistle.gif

apart from that weird little thing i love the ACU spot on there was something about afghanistan on channel 2 here last night and ACU units were shown and you've got the camo spot on wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Btw, US ACU Black Spotters (Day) and Helicopter pilots will have a different ACU camo in order to show the variety of the ACU camos used by the US Army Personnel.

Different ACU camo?

The ACU knee pads look horrible in my opinion confused_o.gif

They really just spoil the model huh.gif

Wildo

Well the new kneepads look much better compared to the others. The new radio for the soldier look much better then then the previous one.

Tb what are your dxdll settings as your ofp looks great or have they all been photoshopped?

Great work.

Quote[/b] ]it appears to be different in different light

There are the American apparel one and the Propper one.Today every american apparel acu will look the same and every propper acu will look the same.And the Propper and the american apparel will look very similar together.

And if they appear to be different in different lights,well that' s the whole point of the acu,it will look more green in a forest than in the middle of the desert,that' s why it is dificult to make a good working acu patern in ofp.

yeh man look at the face in the 1st pic. Thats just some photoshop error maybe? huh.gif