Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

wait im confused. I thought i you already released the 2006 pack? or we talking a patch type deal here?

Hmm.. I thought that ACU means Advanced Combat Uniform.. I could be wrong but no matter great job anyway!  smile_o.gif

It's either or, it's kinda used interchangeably, though the SAW is the old type, like the first versions, no newer models?

Aaaaaaa....FFUR already hit me hard with this pictures.Although soldiers are still descendent, new GUIs and other pleasures look great.

P.S.:Bad RHS, when 'll you release your so-long-waited Mi24?No candy 4 ya... tounge2.gif

the m249 butt stock is the only niggle i have of it being of the arlier skeleton variety but apart from this i can wait to play the new improved version smile_o.gif

SCreenshots are loooking kickass, just looking at the Grenadier pic; have you got rid of the aimpoints on the M4s?

wow_o.gif Looks so amazing very nice work.

But am i the only one who cant see a 'preview' button for the editor or is that because theres no units on the mpa?

But apart fromt hat everything looks so awesome cant wait for this.

hey TB ! nice pictures !

I like the U.S. Army star on the helmets of the BDU grenadier smile_o.gif

question:

what weapon will the WEST rifleman will be carying ? {as defualt}

wait im confused. I thought i you already released the 2006 pack? or we talking a patch type deal here?

upcoming patch smile_o.gif

I have a question about the tank crews,

arn't they supose to have assualt rifels ?

Here in Israel tank crews are given the crabine 5.56 version of the "Galil" - a "Glilion".

so arn't the US crew should have m4's or something ?

Wel since your replacing the Jeeps with CBT Humvees, why not replace the destroyed Jeeps with these it would look much better then the regular rusty BIS destroyed jeeps and you can get more variety cause all the BIS onces look the same with some slight editing to them. Just a thought.

just had some minutes ... and changed the BLACKOP DAY unit.

so far we had a fictional not existing camo for the unit.

so would you like BDU more for them ?

and what do you think about the TAG ... would a bLACKOP have something like that.

should we leave it or remove it ?

BlackopDAYbdu.jpg

regards benus

With the BDU the blackop looks right.

The tag makes only sense for mp sessions.

Quick note you FFUR guys might want to check out, when I tested FFUR a while ago I experienced multiple CTDs when my cobra chopper crashed into the ocean, inside or out it.

Havent heard this mentioned but better thought I should mention it smile_o.gif

Also the BlackOp in that picture I like better then the ACUs, the tag is a good idea If it shows xmls thumbs-up.gif

The tag in real life would probaly not be used as its a way of showing the guy is special forces which if captured it isnt something you want your captures to know. But if it does show xml's leave it in that would be cool.

we got another crisis  crazy_o.gif

i have no idea how i must install the FFUR skypack could someone explain it to me?

Theres a tutorial some hundred pages back rofl.gif

Extract the contents of the skypack into your FFUR 2006 folder then run the installer.

Hands away from the tag! inlove.gif  And why not add a Llauma head as it's in mask?At least it'll have normal eyes.  wink_o.gif (it's about Tarik's opinion about not too much textures for FFUR-you won't see face anyway).

As man, which knows a bit about RF spetsnaz from RL experience black ops at least mustn't have any signs at all, cause it's black op-not an ordinary Green Beret. In my opinion BIS' black ops were close to RL prototypes.

Quote[/b] ]... the tag is a good idea If it shows xmls ...

But if it does show xml's leave it in that would be cool.

maybe it is a VERY stupid question, but I am not good in military jargon... so what does XML stand for ?

this is now a closeup shot of what it shos... a star with a skull.

SKULLtag.jpg

benus

I have a question about the tank crews,

arn't they supose to have assualt rifels ?

Here in Israel tank crews are given the crabine 5.56 version of the "Galil" - a "Glilion".

so arn't the US crew should have m4's or something ?

Not every unit has M4s for thier crews, or more pointedly, the average ratio for a tank is one M4 per tank.  A Bradley crew normally have a Beretta and an M4/M16 depending on TO&E and what the unit already has, so you can adjust that for whatever mission as it's truly not "set".  Needless to say the military has to standardize as much as possible, but reality is different than what's on paper sometimes.

XML stands for eXtreme Markup Language if I understand correctly. It's all about web language.

XML is a picture for people in clans in OFP, so when you get in a car for example the picture will be shown on the front of it and the side so its kind of like an advertising thing and it also helps hwo to show who is who. Nothing to do with the millitary, basically if you can get that Tag work with an xml, in mp it will have a picture of the clan logo instead of the skull.

hey TB ! nice pictures !

I like the U.S. Army star on the helmets of the BDU grenadier smile_o.gif

Not really a U.S. Army star per se...but the patch of the U.S. Army 2nd Infantry Division featuring the patch, the star and the Native American's head in the center.

ah now I get what the XMLs are.

but the one with the BLACKOP is on the texture itself so it will always be there smile_o.gif and can't be replaced

it is just the question if we should add it at all.

it would only be there for the blackop day (BDU) guys.

just as a little detail.

if we wanted it correct ... BLACKOPS shouldN't have any tags ... and shouldN't even wear BDU or ACU.

(with original OFP the BLACKOP day just had another rifle ... but was black too smile_o.gif)

well we will see. gonna talk to TB about it.

benus