Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

HI.. i have one Suggestion, add MI-2 and Replace MI-17 with MI-26 or just add it, from our weapons, little more balance in MP, also think the more different 2005 is from 85 mods the better it will be, maybe spetznatz shilka to 85`s and tunguska to 2005? i dont think its so hard to kill, BIS missions will be little harder thats all. no matter how you decide to do, ffur is still the best mod ever played by me, just like to give suggestions sorry smile_o.gif

The Mi-26 could br put in to balance out the Chinook on the US side. What about putting in those CSLA FIA 'Technicals' on the resistance side?

smile_o.gif did a mission with ffur2005, its like Clean Sweep, but ur the East side, now its playable with everything but Asia, think the chineese have one Spec ops missing or somthing? you cant see the weapon. but its good game play, feeling, speed and action with 2005, maybe little long wait for the chopper some times, wink_o.gif

size 3 or 6k

here

http://www.easy-sharing.com/113949/MOT 06 Clean Sweep.Eden.pbo.html

Quote[/b] ]BTW, are you going to include the new OWP/Laser pilots in the next pack?

Definitely.

Quote[/b] ]add MI-2 and Replace MI-17 with MI-26 or just add it, from our weapons, little more balance in MP, also think the more different 2005 is from 85 mods the better it will be, maybe spetznatz shilka to 85`s and tunguska to 2005? i dont think its so hard to kill, BIS missions will be little harder thats all

we won't replace the Mi-17 by the Mi-26 because it carries no rockets and it might break a couple of BIS missions.

We expect to implement Spetznatz shilka instead of BIS one for Both themes (85 and 05), the Tunguska won't fit because it's too powerful and using it means that we're forced to add the linebacker for the US side.

And this is not a good idea because the 2 SAM vehicles carry a bunch of efficient GAM.

Check out this page for more infos about the envisaged changes and enhancements.

Quote[/b] ]The Mi-26 could br put in to balance out the Chinook on the US side. What about putting in those CSLA FIA 'Technicals' on the resistance side?

Well following the fact that we expect to establish the compatibility of FFUR packs with "Extra" stuff, then we won't have to include so many addons that won't be used in BIS missions & campaigns.

you could do it yourself,though. (just by extracting the .pbo to your ffur...\addons or Res\addons ...etc).-wink_o.gif

One of our main objectives is to keep FFUR packs the lighter possible. (that's why we incorporated only a few & light "extra" units into FFUR packs).

Btw, thanks T80 for that mission, I'll give it a look ASAP.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

one question you say youve managed to cut down the whole total sizes of the pack what is it now ?

also this patch is starting to sound like a new pack so are we going to be downloading whole new packs or just an update ?

i dont mind either way cause this is sounding amazing

oh and one last thing any news on the ECP scripts as you said you may try to make your own scripts using their sounds is that still going to be done or not ?

anyways sounding cool and cant wait

one question you say youve managed to cut down the whole total sizes of the pack what is it now ?

also this patch is starting to sound like a new pack so are we going to be downloading whole new packs or just an update ?

i dont mind either way cause this is sounding amazing

oh and one last thing any news on the ECP scripts as you said you may try to make your own scripts using their sounds is that still going to be done or not ?

anyways sounding cool and cant wait

Check out this page.

...this post especially

Quote[/b] ]Following the fact that these updates will have to replace all addons files by decreasing their number from 200 to 20 in order to establish the compatibility of FFUR with "extra addons", they will definitely be total conversion packs and not patchs.

Btw, Reven will make a small program that allows you to choose the pack you wanna launch with the wanted config (Single or Multi), so you won't have to switch every time and to always make back-up copies.

Quote[/b] ]oh and one last thing any news on the ECP scripts as you said you may try to make your own scripts using their sounds is that still going to be done or not ?

Status Quo right now, you'll be informed if there would be some changes.

Regards

TB84

the extra equipmet I don't really want as replacement just be supported. rather anoying some reguallry used units fall by the wayside when useing ffur. Should be a supported BTR-80 and 70 addon for moving troops. extra choppers should also be supported by the mod like the Marfty Oh58, the Owp Mi26, Mi2 they do see heavy use in transport/support roles. Civi vehicles should get radom selection. get into some missions and town is filled with dozens of the same vehicle. Can them add more to the list to make things a bit more dynamic. MAYE MORE CIVI MODLES AS WELL, BUT SEEM TO BE A FAIR NUMBER OF EM MAYBE GET SOME OUR OF THE OCEAN CITY PACK.

Nice to see most of Footmunch's planes are supported air combat in MP is really cool now. Kinda funny when your censsna ejects you in a ejection seat.

Noticed in painball missions the Japenss will not or seldom engage PLA forces, spend more time hiding if AI you can walk up to the and fire point blank itnp them in the prone.

All the other mods enemy AI try to show you spleen...

What about bayonnet and rifle stroke attacks wondered why it didn't carry over from the PAL mod.

Quote[/b] ]...and are you planning to change the head models to llauma ones? :P

Well we'd be glad to do such a change, but we need more suited faces because 32 are definitely not enough.

If we'd implement'em, then they'll be intended only to US Army Infantry Personnel.

Bambi managed to put BIS faces for these new head models on his black op addon. Maybe you could ask help from him?

Quote[/b] ]the extra equipmet I don't really want as replacement just be supported. rather anoying some reguallry used units fall by the wayside when useing ffur. Should be a supported BTR-80 and 70 addon for moving troops. extra choppers should also be supported by the mod like the Marfty Oh58, the Owp Mi26, Mi2 they do see heavy use in transport/support roles. Civi vehicles should get radom selection. get into some missions and town is filled with dozens of the same vehicle. Can them add more to the list to make things a bit more dynamic. MAYE MORE CIVI MODLES AS WELL, BUT SEEM TO BE A FAIR NUMBER OF EM MAYBE GET SOME OUR OF THE OCEAN CITY PACK.

We can't add so many vehicles and such a big number of units unfortunately...but as said in the previous page, you might add any addon you wish with the incoming FFUR packs because the compatibility with extra addons has been established.

Quote[/b] ]What about bayonnet and rifle stroke attacks wondered why it didn't carry over from the PAL mod.

This would be very nice for some weapons.

Quote[/b] ]Bambi managed to put BIS faces for these new head models on his black op addon. Maybe you could ask help from him?

Didn't know about it, Thanks for the infos.

Regards

TB84

Actually the T-72 is still mostly used by the russian army and it still has a large number of T-72 variants.

The same goes for T-80s.

Best Regards

TB84

The number of T90s in russian service is probably about the same as the number of M1A2 TUSKs in the US service. biggrin_o.gif

PLus it would break with the mission like the second one where it has messages saying 'T-80s Incoming!' and whatnot. Also, it unbalances with the American M60, an M60 could take on a T-72, but not a T-80.

EDIT: The Russians only have about 200 T-90s in service, why would they put them over in Kolgujev? crazy_o.gif

Hi there!

Being late into discovering FFUR but hey what you have achieved is amazing to put it lightly. Having tried out replacement configs before, they mostly created too much lag on my machine to be playable although they were nice looking.

FFUR is different! It creates no lag i could feel and was damn fine looking while also enchanching realism and playability with those cool features. That weapon on back when exiting a jeep and be able to hold it in safe is damn cool. The effects on the choppers are great, so are the vehicle fires too.

Playing the Original CWC with FFUR1985 is mindblowing, it's almost a new game judged by look and feel. Congratulations to the whole team and the addon makers that your work depends on.

Having scanned briefly through the pages all of the quirks that i saw, which were few, are already mentioned.

-RGP7 unloaded when on back/ loaded when in hand for example.

However i'd like to throw in my two €-cents in comenting on the M60. The muzzle climb in this perfect vertical line strikes me somewhat odd. There is no horizontal dispersion i could make out. Z-sweep bursts for area targets like a marching platoon are out of the question. Yet i could still hit single targets with short burst and a lot of pulling down on the mouse. What made me feel uneasy too was the amount of smoke it created, five shoots and you stare into a grey wall. Having shoot MG3 in real life, i think this effect, although basically realistic, is overdone.

This combined gives me the impression that it's wrongly represented.

It's a shame BIS never forethought deployable bipods, this would have solved at least the problems of shooting MGs from the prone position.

Would it be possible to decrease muzzle climb while prone specifically and add a bit more dispersion instead. It's my opinion that this would be more representive of shooting a MG from prone positions, since normaly one would have the bipod deployed. My limited expirience with MG3 with Bipod left me with the impression that the muzzle doesn't try to climb but the recoil shakes you around a good deal, spreading hits all around the mark. If one could disregard the clipping issues a model with deployed bipod would be a better visual representaion too.

Salute and keep up the great work!

i was just playing the desert pack and i think the M60's sights are slightly off only by a little there two far down the bullet hits higher up

not a huge problem

and also nice job on the iron sights but doesnt the m60 have that rectangle around the rear sight i think but on the game it doesnt show it but no real problem still playable

also what are the desert resistance troops now i think i remember you saying they may be switched with ag_smith's desert FIA units

but my opinion i would prefer the current ones since ag_smith's look really skinny

Quote[/b] ]The Russians only have about 200 T-90s in service, why would they put them over in Kolgujev?

I think they would prefer to keep them for Moscow...

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Would it be possible to decrease muzzle climb while prone specifically and add a bit more dispersion instead. It's my opinion that this would be more representive of shooting a MG from prone positions,

Sure.

In fact we used the M60 as it was once accomplished by win$e, otherwise, thanks for the nice comments.

We hope all of you would appreciate the incoming releases (and maybe the final ones for OFP...).

Quote[/b] ]and also nice job on the iron sights but doesnt the m60 have that rectangle around the rear sight i think but on the game it doesnt show it but no real problem still playable

Yes, we expect to make a new more realistic one, we're looking for some accurate pics, though.

Quote[/b] ]also what are the desert resistance troops now i think i remember you saying they may be switched with ag_smith's desert FIA units

but my opinion i would prefer the current ones since ag_smith's look really skinny

Perhaps we'd make a combo of ours CSLA retextured desert ones and theirs.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

how about these

thats if their not already in since i dont like russian chopper missions

->

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

BTW, are you going to include the new OWP/Laser pilots in the next pack?

Definitely.

Don't worry about such things, we usually don't miss'em...

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]Btw, thanks T80 for that mission, I'll give it a look ASAP

least i can do is to try, make a mission smile_o.gif

here it is

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49349

have improved it little, and want to do it MP playable, but i think i wait for ffur MP-patch, anyway i can play MP with ffur now, as long as i dont lean around corners and roll, i play it with GOTY, maybe thats why i dont have the ffur blackhawk, if i have target \program files\codemaster\operation flashpoint\ffur2005. i get message missing some res, addon, and the game wont start, if change to \program files\codemaster\operation flashpoint\ everything is OK, exept for the missing Blackhawk is still the old one. well i hope the next patches will be fully GOTY compatible, and also think its great that u can use any addons u want, but, addons produce lot of lag, unless they are ffured smile_o.gif and they have different armor values. so it would be very nice if it was possible to ffur some addons, maybe like an extra addon pack to youre ffur, so if you want, just download the ffured extra addons band.gif

Well this is not a bad idea at all but you have to know that actually the majority of addons have their own class EH and their own Scripting (as smoke, cockpit actions, Lower/raise gear...etc), combining FFUR scripts and theirs would represent a big deal and a lot of time of work, plus for now, we have other objectives, though.

But maybe we could do it later.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

i think you would of noticed this but its just a little thing im not to keen on not sure about others

the 1985 GUI's how theres a very small screen where you can see through, since its small you cant really see much is there a way to make the screen a bit bigger so more of the cutscenes can be seen ?

oh and take your time on the packs since my OFP aint working rofl.gif

i think you would of noticed this but its just a little thing im not to keen on not sure about others

the 1985 GUI's how theres a very small screen where you can see through, since its small you cant really see much is there a way to make the screen a bit bigger so more of the cutscenes can be seen ?

oh and take your time on the packs since my OFP aint working rofl.gif

I personally quite like that effect, though at any rate, I am usually too busy playing the game to be watching the intros at the start wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I personally quite like that effect, though at any rate, I am usually too busy playing the game to be watching the intros at the start

suppose but i just dont like the fact that you cant see it all but thas just my opinion

also on 1985 packs and the 2005 they all have the same intro at the start is it possible to make random ones play

i would be happy to make some if you need but at the moment i cant since ive only got the Gold edition now since my GOTY edition got a scratch on the CD when i tried reinstalling

TO THUNDERBIRD84:

Hello man, your FFUR mods are really very very very good especially with DXDLL wink_o.gif I have never believe there is somebody who can remake OFP awful graphic quality to such a good quality like you did wink_o.gif Burning and exploding vehicles, nice models, exciting effects... just awesome wow wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwink_o.gif But one thing I must say about FFUR Desert and actually also about OFP. Cold war crissis is very boring theme. Russians have sux firepower sux weapons sux everything. What about change russian army with afgan army? Or other army e.g. like enemy armies in Battlefield 2wink_o.gif Don't you think it would be much much much better? Your work is just great but I think It would be better to change russians with some more interesting nation with serious firepower;) I hope I didn't offend you;)

Peace man and great respect to you;)

thats why the Asian crisis is out different nations download it, its great

thats why the Asian crisis is out different nations download it, its great

Yes it would be good change russians with some china forces BUT with US forces on the other side;) From what I know Asian crisis is japanese VS china sad_o.gif