Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

okay. Straight up. I LOVE this mod.

one question though, (I appologize if this has been disussed before, But I havent the time to look through all 30 pages.)

is there a way to make the MI-24's landing gear retract while it is controlled by AI?

thanks!

It has been raised loadsa times, I dont think so. its a couple of pages back anyway If you want to look

Sea demons Mig29 be great drawback is it has a bug in the ground handling problem AI cannot taxi this aircraft it was fixed by TommyD but broken again with the officail update of the Mig 29..

Also includes the geman and polish verssions for the west side.

the russain planes cannon is also incorrectly named that should be fixed if included. Its using th enato degsignation insdread of the russain made Gish (sp) autocannon.

ok i found a bug that i think is quite big , and is not other that Angelina is too ugly ! her dres is ugly , her face is ugly , there is no other model a little more atracative, lets say like angelina Jolie ? biggrin_o.gif it would be great to add it in the next patch rofl.gif

thank you mister thunderbird wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] What is de 1.p3d in llmax Screen ? What is the obect that represnte ?

That means that your graphic card isn't quite powerful to run Llauma sky.

Quote[/b] ]nother bug, health bar it was showing about 90% and it was green but i was dead, it s a minor bug but i reported it anyway (don t remove the health bar)

Yeah, this isn't really a bug, in fact this bar isn't really defined to show you your "wound's level" but to show you the number of impacts your body received before dying.

Quote[/b] ]As i say before The Autumn Map of FINMod are very beautifull (more the WGL NRP2) So if i try to adapt the officail map for this type of saison are you interest ?

That's impossible due to the fact that objects,roads,houses,trees...etc used in FDF maps aren't in the same places than BIS islands, plus FDF maps sizes are a lot different from BIS ones,though.

Quote[/b] ]What about Serial Killers FIA units? I must say I like them much more than the Wiliec ones

No, with no offense intended towards Serial killers FIA units, Williec resistance guys are smoother.

Quote[/b] ]is there a way to make the MI-24's landing gear retract while it is controlled by AI?

All bugs/errors seem have been reported, for more infos, check the 23rd page of this thread.

Quote[/b] ]Sea demons Mig29 be great drawback is it has a bug in the ground handling problem AI cannot taxi this aircraft it was fixed by TommyD but broken again with the officail update of the Mig 29..

Also includes the geman and polish verssions for the west side.

the russain planes cannon is also incorrectly named that should be fixed if included. Its using th enato degsignation insdread of the russain made Gish (sp) autocannon.

Don't worry,we'll choose the best Mig-29 ever carried out,we'll test it carefully then we'll make the necessary changes if necessary (armor, weapons, ammunitions, effects, scripting gear...etc).

Quote[/b] ]ok i found a bug that i think is quite big , and is not other that Angelina is too ugly ! her dres is ugly , her face is ugly , there is no other model a little more atracative, lets say like angelina Jolie ? biggrin_o.gif it would be great to add it in the next patch

I'd be glad to incorporate "Jennifer/Nephilim" if she'd agree...:P j/k

Honestly there's no decent "virtual girl[p3d]" who might replace the current Angelina.

Mercs Jennifer isn't suited for a such purpose as well.

EDIT : I think we'd incorporate the Flanker instead of the Fulcrum.

(Spetnatz SU-27 Flanker)

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

i know this isn t a bug i am just asking if you could somehow make the camera turn in leaning animation (when you are prone eaven in first person look your camera stays still when you are rolling) if you can t i will understand you do your best but it would give some more reality, i use this animation all the time i think it is the best because you aren t sitting duck when you go prone you can just roll out of trouble wink_o.gif

While installing the woodland pack alway an error appears.. dunno what to do? where can I download zipped pack? Other packs work - GREAT WORK!  thumbs-up.gif  it writes: FFUR 1985 Woodland has not been totally installed because of the following reason: Addons\CBT_Brad.pbo: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC). You will have to run this utility again to completely install FFUR 1985 Woodland..... and over and over again..

EDIT : I think we'd incorporate the Flanker instead of the Fulcrum.

(Spetnatz SU-27 Flanker)

wink_o.gif

Is it replacing any unit, or will it just be a balance for the F-16?

Hi! i installed the 2005, everything was nice, then i uninstalled it, an made clean copy of the game, installed 2005 and the new blackhawk was gone, the one with the long thing in front, tryed to install once more, still gone, gone for ever, help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just started using 1985 and I seem to have lost the ability to see my unit icons (or my own) on the map.  I also have lost the green circle that highlights them when you select an F key.  Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Logical if you use the mission editor (the same happens with default ofp), btw this would work in missions though.Check your options too and make sure that this option's enabled.

Hey TB, thanks guy - it seems to have been campaign specific. I was using the Delta Ops campaign so it must be a conflict with that alone. As you say - the icons show up on the map in other ordinary missions.

I'm really enjoying thiese mods - as I knew I would. One small bug that may well have been reported so apologies in advance:

- Misalignment of fire between M21 and silenced AK47 scope sites. Seems to fire above the cross hairs.

Great job! thumbs-up.gif

i have a question.

how i can use addons in ffur..

example i want use the bas delta force and littlebirds ..how i can use addons.when i put the addons in the ffur2005 addons folder come a message..bas tsf required c8x_jamruss. or other addons.what i must do to use addons.?

well obdviously you will get the same error if you put that one addon in your ofp addons folder

the game needs that addon since the bas addon you want to use must have a line calling something from that script put all the required addons for the bas addon to work in the ffur folder and that will work

two songs you could use in the patch, from we were soldiers- sgt. mackenzie, toby keith - (american) soldier

what about Army flight crews driving Marine Cobras, and airforce aircraft. All Marine addons should be seperated and Army be correct units. Seeing most of the supported military packs used have both sets of units. Also noticed Marine Humvees being placed with army units as well. Would have thought you guys know the differance beteween the service branches.

Thanks thunderbird84 for a great mod and for being so proactive in these forums! I've been playing with OFP since its first release and this is the first time that a mod has made it feel like a new game!  notworthy.gif

I've been reading all 31 pages in this thread, and I think that all of the bugs and glitches that I have come across have already been mentioned. The one that deserves first prize though has got to be the 'flyable' woodland Ural fuel truck! -Have U tried shooting it with an M16? HA! HA! PS. I know ur'e gonna fix it!!

Just one thing though, I tend to agree with 'Exaercase' regarding the M21 sniper scope being too small. I understand that U'r trying to make it more realistic. However, I disagree that making the scope small is acheiving this. In reality we would not be looking at a PC monitor either! Also in reality your other eye is able to keep awareness of things imedietely around you. I use a sniper scope on a pest control rifle (Yea, I'm a country lad!wink_o.gif When I look through it the feild of view that I have is many times bigger than the one that U've made for the M21!

I enjoy sniping in this game and I think that the new 'smaller' scope field of view spoils it a bit for me. Staring at a PC monitor is not the same as peering down a set of tele sights! I think maybe U need to allow for this fact. Hope U will make it a bit bigger!

With regards to the movement that U have implemented in the scope - I would say that it is about right! Nice touch! It is very hard to keep a rifle scope steady especially when standing.

Looking forward to the release of the many patches!

1985/2005

A10 doesn't immediately blow to pieces after ipact with ground like Su-25 does. Sometimes when an A10 crashes I get this at the top of my screen: 'drop ["cl_water", "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [_x,_y,_i], [random 7, random 7, random 30], 3, 2, 1, 1, [_sz+2,_sz+3,_sz+4], [[0.9,0.9,0.9,0.7], [1,1,1,

The F-16 leaves a wreck after crashing.

The explosion is a very nice touch btw. smile_o.gif

Thunderbird,

would it be possible in the next updates for you to remove the clean editor?

It's a great idea and does remove the clutter and endless scrolling for those who have large addons folders. Having said this when creating missions, say I want to place a unit equipped with Lasers weapons, all kinds of error messages come up and I can't place the unit. Same with Combat!'s Bradleys etc: what if I want to use a different variant of the M2A2 but the clean editor is stopping me placing it? Another point is that when trying to play missions/campaigns that require addons that have been "cleaned" it is impossible.

Basically, I would like to play missions and campaigns with the best replacement mod out there and also have freedom of choice when it comes to placing units in the mission editor. confused_o.gif

Perhaps an optional download, one with the clean editor, one without?

Despite this I still think it a great mod, keep up the good work!  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]While installing the woodland pack alway an error appears.. dunno what to do? where can I download zipped pack? Other packs work - GREAT WORK!    it writes: FFUR 1985 Woodland has not been totally installed because of the following reason: Addons\CBT_Brad.pbo: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC). You will have to run this utility again to completely install FFUR 1985 Woodland..... and over and over again..

try running the installer once more. If that fails download the file again from a different link

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]unno what to do? where can I download zipped pack?

Check this page, you might find the packs as archives.

Quote[/b] ]Is it replacing any unit, or will it just be a balance for the F-16?

A balance for the F-16.

Quote[/b] ]Hi! i installed the 2005, everything was nice, then i uninstalled it, an made clean copy of the game, installed 2005 and the new blackhawk was gone, the one with the long thing in front, tryed to install once more, still gone, gone for ever,

Try the archives.

Quote[/b] ]nd silenced AK47 scope sites. Seems to fire above the cross hairs.

Already reported, I'll fix it.

Quote[/b] ]how i can use addons in ffur..

Currently you can't use "extra" addons with those which are already present in FFUR addons folders but we're working very hard in the goal to regroup all addons in "FFUR_..." folders to allow you to play with all wanted addons in FFUR without having any problem

Quote[/b] ]what about Army flight crews driving Marine Cobras, and airforce aircraft. All Marine addons should be seperated and Army be correct units. Seeing most of the supported military packs used have both sets of units. Also noticed Marine Humvees being placed with army units as well. Would have thought you guys know the differance beteween the service branches.

Well we have to deal with that because if we'd used some Marines addons with US army ones, it's because there aren't any decent "us army" addons to replace BIS ones.

But I expect to make some modifications on these addons to giv'em an "US army" touch.

Quote[/b] ]Just one thing though, I tend to agree with 'Exaercase' regarding the M21 sniper scope being too small. I understand that U'r trying to make it more realistic. However, I disagree that making the scope small is acheiving this. In reality we would not be looking at a PC monitor either! Also in reality your other eye is able to keep awareness of things imedietely around you. I use a sniper scope on a pest control rifle (Yea, I'm a country lad!wink_o.gif When I look through it the feild of view that I have is many times bigger than the one that U've made for the M21!

I enjoy sniping in this game and I think that the new 'smaller' scope field of view spoils it a bit for me. Staring at a PC monitor is not the same as peering down a set of tele sights! I think maybe U need to allow for this fact. Hope U will make it a bit bigger!

Welcome and thanks for the nice comments,

I think we'll increase a bit the sniper riffles ironsights for the incoming patchs.

Quote[/b] ]A10 doesn't immediately blow to pieces after ipact with ground like Su-25 does. Sometimes when an A10 crashes I get this at the top of my screen: 'drop ["cl_water", "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [_x,_y,_i], [random 7, random 7, random 30], 3, 2, 1, 1, [_sz+2,_sz+3,_sz+4], [[0.9,0.9,0.9,0.7], [1,1,1,

Yeah I know about it, but fixing it would mean taking out the jet fighters crash.(I'll try to find a way to fix it,though but that might take a while)

This is due to the fact that jet fighters do crash between the ground and water.just Don't be troubled by such messages, continue playing your missions. as normal.

Quote[/b] ]would it be possible in the next updates for you to remove the clean editor?

No!

This is one of the main qualities of FFUR and a lot of people do like that, but as said above, we'd make some huge changes in the goal to allow using duplicated addons.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

For some reason, all the infantry weapon sounds in non-FFUR addon with FFUR activated are gone! When I fire my BAS M4A1 SOPMOD in the FFUR mod: No sound! All the JAM and possibly other infantry weapon addon sounds are missing!

For some reason, all the infantry weapon sounds in non-FFUR addon with FFUR activated are gone! When I fire my BAS M4A1 SOPMOD in the FFUR mod: No sound! All the JAM and possibly other infantry weapon addon sounds are missing!

->

Quote[/b] ]*IMPORTANT - READ ME CAREFULLY

-------------------------------

1- Don't remove and don't change anything from this pack.

2- <span style='color:red'>Don't add any other Extra stuff.</span>

and as explained above

->

Quote[/b] ]Currently you can't use "extra" addons with those which are already present in FFUR addons folders but we're working very hard in the goal to regroup all addons in "FFUR_..." folders to allow you to play with all wanted addons in FFUR without having any problem

Regards

TB84

what about Army flight crews driving Marine Cobras, and airforce aircraft. All Marine addons should be seperated and Army be correct units. Seeing most of the supported military packs used have both sets of units. Also noticed Marine Humvees being placed with army units as well. Would have thought you guys know the differance beteween the service branches.

Theres also army troops armed with USMC rifles but meh, tis all good. Make your own config if you want to cahnge things.

How come when I hit a vehicle with a sabot round the vehicle explodes but doesn't move? I seem to recall in a previous version you could blast the vehicles around the terrain a bit. I also remember also being able to blast individual soldiers who got in front of the turret, but I can't do that with this mod. Maybe it was just in Y2K3?

How do I Install the Dxdll? I Put all the dxdll foldr and the d3d8.dll in to my OFp maine directory then I Opened up that configure thing and hit save, Then what do i do fom there?

Hi! i installed the 2005, everything was nice, then i uninstalled it, an made clean copy of the game, installed 2005 and the new blackhawk was gone, the one with the long thing in front, tryed to install once more, still gone, gone for ever,

Try the archives.

I tried the archives, nothing change, still FFAR Blackhawk in clean sweep, The strange thing is that is was there the first time i installed 2005. and i use the same installer, i tried uninstall, install, everything, Computer Curse confused_o.gif