Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR US Navy SEALs 1.00 Released

Installing them now. Really looking forward to these. One quick question for those that may know: what's the JAM'ed unit's name? For example, I see "LSR_seal_rifleman_lwf" but what's the name for a JAM'ed guy? Do you just put "_jam" at the end? Yeah, I know I can dePbo it, but I really didn't want to go through the trouble.

Just playing around with them and very nice. Especily the new woodland camo.

Only problem I could find was in the Silenced Seal LWF theres 2 radio operators, but ones a grenidier.

To good for words.. Thanks for this great addon Laser and nice texture job Shadow NX

Looking very good.

I have'nt tried them yet but I will.

I only have two requests if you're making an update.

You really should add Michael Biehn's and Charlie Sheen's face to go along with them  thumbs-up.gif (maybe the rest of the team from the movie Navy SEALs too)

i second that biggrin_o.gif

wee need cases of stinger missels now and we can make a campaign based on the movie tounge2.gif

its a one shot deal, you miss. we die.

Mate, WOW! notworthy.gif

If you are ever bored (and I hope you are sometimes!!!wink_o.gif could you please please please please please make some new US regular infantry units? I would be your bestest Aussie buddy! biggrin_o.gif

Seriously fine addons, mano, these plus your heli pilots = nuts!

Mate, WOW!  notworthy.gif

If you are ever bored (and I hope you are sometimes!!!wink_o.gif could you please please please please please make some new US regular infantry units? I would be your bestest Aussie buddy!  biggrin_o.gif

Seriously fine addons, mano, these plus your heli pilots = nuts!

2nd. You forgot whos first nener.gif

Obviously, Laser is the perfect figure model for me. His soldier models are always very nice and realistic for me and I love them very much, such as the previous LSR U.S.Ranger pack, RHS russian Motorized Infantry Pack, LSR Pilot pack and now the Seal Pack. The applied textures are also fantastic. His addons are very realistic and take importance to many details. Hope to see more soldier packs from him in future, personally,  I wish he could make some Soviet Era men... xmas_o.gif  He is the best.

Thanks for all the warm words, guys. That's what keeps me going smile_o.gif

I'm not yet sure of my next project. I think it would possibly be something on the Russian/Soviet side... although there's a possibility of facelifting Deltas/Rangers and the weapons pack. Maybe something else. I just don't know, there's so many possibilities...

@gatordev:

To incorporate JAMed units, just do it like this (example follows):

LSR_seal_rifleman_vbss - LSR_JAM_rifleman_vbss

I simply decided not to include JAMed classes into the readme (oh, i'm lazy) smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif....im always happy, when one of the best addonmakers..brings out his goodies biggrin_o.gif....can you plz make a good fighterpilotpack....plzzzz smile_o.gif

I have only played a little around with these troops and they are very nicley done and fit very well with your other units.

I am currently "developing" the colors for the "old" 100% cotton woodland so it will be as realistic and apear as close to the real thing(The two mil-spec cotton BDU's jackets I own). For some 80'ties soldiers and spec ops. I also own a fifty-fifty BDU and i have some notes on the M81 Woodland camo portrayed here:

When I zoom in on the camo pattern it dosen't apear to be totaly corect but it does the have "woodland" feeling.

I think the colors could be better but the colors has the fifty-fifty BDU matt "look". I think they are good for some washed out long tern use BDU's but as a general reflection of the camo I don't think they fitt all that well. If you just get a little distance the uniform looks more like a dirty OD uniform the brown and sand/yellow colors are much subdued. The woodland uniform apear often a little more brown than green and have prity sharp edges between the colors I will post a picture with a comparison between my WIP woodland camo and a woodland LSR SEAL to show what I mean. These are somethings that might be taken in to consideration if the camo is ever reviewed. I hoped I haven't seem too negativ this is a good texture job and definetly better looking than the Hyk textures.

STGN

The updated SEALs look great Laser...my only gripe with them is the same one I had with the beta's....SEAL Teams aren't organized into the same way Ranger units and Delta Force are...there aren't Heavy Weapon Platoons...a better group configuration would've been

SEAL Platoon: 12 men (in RL their usually 16-18 men)

SEAL Squad: 6 men

Fire Team: 4 men

Swim Pair: 2 men

Sniper Team: 2 men

And the SMAW is mainly a Marine Corps weapon..also there probaly wasn't a need for a SEAL carrying a Stinger missle...yes, like all SOCOM units...SEALs can use about any weapon they want but the mainstay weapons are still M4's, MK43s and SAWs..more unit ideas might be SEALs in wetsuits and Artic units and SEALs in Civilian clothes (Devgru). The Land warfare and VBSS units can be used for Direct Action ingame...so theres not really a need for a specific "Direct Action" SEAL..but honestly I think this last release fills our SEAL addon need smile_o.gif We could definately use some PJs though biggrin_o.gif a good idea would be maybe a couple PJ units outfitted for CSAR, some outfitted for LRRP missions (the type of mission where they accompany Green Beret ODAs ie afghanistan)..if ur interested...drop me a pm and I'll get some reference pics to ya...thanks again for the SEALs...a definately much appreciated addon form "Laser Works" biggrin_o.gif

ok, since my question probably wont be answered in the other LSR thread i guess i might as well ask it here too.

does anyone have a patched US weapons pack that i can download?

i get a access denied error after about 2% of the patching sad_o.gif

ok, since my question probably wont be answered in the other LSR thread i guess i might as well ask it here too.

does anyone have a patched US weapons pack that i can download?

i get a access denied error after about 2% of the patching sad_o.gif

hmm... funny, worked fine under Win9X and XP and 2K... need to check that.

I'm not yet sure of my next project. I think it would possibly be something on the Russian/Soviet side...

I simply decided not to include JAMed classes into the readme (oh, i'm lazy) smile_o.gif

Oh, Laser, I promise you, the idea of making Soviet Era men is really a promising thing, Actually, many guys hope to have such stuff just like me. Up to now, we really are lack of such real Soviet troops in OFP. As a talent russian model maker, I'm sure you could make such stuff very realistic... nener.gif

Laser, once again you have outdone yourself. I can't wait to see what you have planned next. thumbs-up.gif

Good god man...brilliant....It's amazing to compare these with the laser pack that came out 2 years ago....Laser I second the begging for regular US infantry...The Rangers could be used no problem but the are just too elite looking....That would be the perfect compliment though to all your packs The Hyk units are great but they need Laserizing....I will be your best Kentucky buddy.....Just one other question where is that HUMV from?

Lamar

Excellent units, thanks alot for them Laser, the quality of the work you deliver is getting better with each release, its a pleasure to use your units ingame. thumbs-up.gif

PS: Lamar, the HMMV is made by COMBAT as far as I can judge, only the M249 seems to be a custom job

oh sry not to mentioned the HMMV is from Mr. Bobcatt (an ex-COMBAT member) - would you like to have it? Then send me a PM plz

greetz

thank you for another brilliant set of units, im also very glad you will be considering making more russian units.

p.s: small glitch i found, nothing important, but the SMAW unit has too many magazines slots

Thanks for the config info, Laser. And I really like the CoC addition.

I just got the time to test them, and they are really impressive.

Very nice work Laser , thank you for this release icon14.gif