Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

Modern Warfare Mod

Guest major gandhi

Then we will probably get to it, if you can send me a site with a good description of it with units ensignia, units, vehicles used etc we'll get around to it smile_o.gif - Thanks.

Heh, we kinda have a patent on the name 'Modern War' in the FFUR camp, but it's just different enough wink_o.gif

I've not been keeping up with ArmA revelations, but will it be using the same system as OFP for addons, mods and textures? Because it'd be hard to make a mod the day it's released...

@ ReVeN: banghead.gif

@ ALL: When I said we would go public day 1 with the mod I meant that the website would be open to all not the mod, lol sorry if you still dont get it your on your own, Thank you.

~spaz~

Because theres no point to do it now as ArmA does not have an official release date.

@ ReVeN: banghead.gif

@ ALL: When I said we would go public day 1 with the mod I meant that the website would be open to all not the mod, lol sorry if you still dont get it your on your own, Thank you.

~spaz~

Now he changes his mind.. we all knew from the start the mod its self would never make it out on Day One..

I could make a mod website to be released on Day 1 confused_o.gif

@ ReVeN:  banghead.gif

@ ALL: When I said we would go public day 1 with the mod  I meant that the website would be open to all not the mod, lol sorry if you still dont get it your on your own, Thank you.

~spaz~

Now he changes his mind.. we all knew from the start the mod its self would never make it out on Day One..

I could make a mod website to be released on Day 1  confused_o.gif

What you mean I changed my mind? People just dont understand everything you say somtimes, band.gif

since armed assault is already modern warefare. why are you making a mod based on modern warefare? Unless its more modern than ArmA i fail to see the point. Maybe you can be the first to bring 1985 Era soldiers with ArmA quality!

Guest major gandhi

I thought ArmAs would still keep the 1985n theme. At least they're including the respective campaigns. The only thing that is confirmed is that NexGen game will be Modern Warfare.

Am I the only one here that thinks 1985 IS modern warfare? crazy_o.gif

Am I the only one here that thinks 1985 IS modern warfare? crazy_o.gif

lol considering that almost half of all the people here weren't even born by 1985 then yes.

LOL anything older than me isn't modern. which is 14 years  whistle.gif

Well.. how much has changed really? The military are still using the same shit, M16A2s.. abramses.. A-10s and the works, it would seem that most conventional weapons used by grunts have hardly changed. Most of the advancements that have happened in the last 15 years can't be really modeled in FPSses.

I always kind of viewed end of Vietnam war as the beginning of this era of warfare.

LOL anything older than me isn't modern. which is 14 years whistle.gif

Well.. how much has changed really? The military are still using the same shit, M16A2s.. abramses.. A-10s and the works, it would seem that most conventional weapons used by grunts have hardly changed. Most of the advancements that have happened in the last 15 years can't be really modeled in FPSses.

I always kind of viewed end of Vietnam war as the beginning of this era of warfare.

na for me WW2 was the start of modern warfare imo

Also Arm-A Is 1985 plus.. Modern Warfare if u look It has the org campaigns plus if u look at the Littlebirds and Blackhawks they have on some screenshots u see its also Modern Warfare soo huh.gif

Would be cool if we get some info about how much time is going to pass until we get ARMA, i dont like too much that "Q4 2005 Estimated release date".

Well Modern Warfare at present did start in WW2 as it was all tactics then and same as now but Vietnam changed our tactics because of geurilla warfare, but anyway the point is Modern Warfare Mod will extend at a minimum 10x more units then ArmA and will start modern in 1979-2006... so thats 27 years of Modern Warfare campaigns, vehicles, etc..

Quote[/b] ]Modern Warfare Mod will extend at a minimum 10x more units then ArmA and will start modern in 1979-2006... so thats 27 years of Modern Warfare campaigns, vehicles, etc..

Yeah, right...good luck biggrin_o.gif

I think that it's a bit too early to make a MOD for a game which isn't even published yet. it would be better to wait before deciding for a such purpose.

smile_o.gif

Btw we expect to make enhancements for ArmA only if it's required.

If BIS will bring a game which won't need any sound, models, ammunitions values...etc improvements then we won't do anything,though. :P

Regards

TB84

@ Blake: lol if we get the people we can smile_o.gif

@ thunderbird84: You're right it is too early, but I could just reverse the situation for you and say its an OFP mod, but its not, really it is OFP just waiting for the new engine to start wink_o.gif

So what does everyone think about the Tehran Incident in Iran in 1979 as being a good start point for the mod's first campaign?

i think you should just do Desert Storm then Operation Iraqi Freedom so they get Iraq in '91 and '05 whistle.gif

Nothin happened in the Iran incident anyway. They didnt rescure them becuase some of the chopers had proplem and blew up. So what the point of doing something like that. Do the Iran-Iraq war, something original wink_o.gif

Nothin happened in the Iran incident anyway. They didnt rescure them becuase some of the chopers had proplem and blew up. So what the point of doing something like that. Do the Iran-Iraq war, something original wink_o.gif

The human wave tactics mostly used by OFP AI when attacking would suit that war indeed. yay.gif

I just read about that in Wikipedia wink_o.gif sad, people as young as nine matched towards the iraqis sad_o.gif